| Updated On July 1st, 2020 at 06:01 pm
Coronavirus Update: COVID-19 Count
Coronavirus Count in India till 30th June (18:15 PM)): With overall 5,68,536 confirmed cases reported for the deadly virus, COVID-19, the situation is alarming for the people living in India. The coronavirus has infected more than 10,436,954 people worldwide and killed 508,876 worldwide till now. With the government issuing an advisory, people must take cautious measures to stay protected from this deadly disease. The symptoms of this virus include Fever, cough, respiratory problems, sore throat, difficulty in breathing.
Global Coronavirus Cases
Till now coronavirus has affected more than 199 countries and territories across the globe. As per the latest data available over 10.4 million cases and more than 508,876 deaths have been reported. 5.6 million+ patients have also been reported to recover from this disease that has caused a global health emergency.
As the cases are on the rise, here is the list of Do's and Don'ts that you must follow to prevent getting affected from this disease.
- Weak mask to be safe and avoid getting contaminated with the virus
- Use sanitizer frequently for hands to make sure the virus is not transmitted
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing and make sure to dispose off the
- Wash your hands frequently with soap before touching your face or eating anything
- If you have fever, cough or flu-like symptoms, make sure to visit your nearest doctor.
- Read the travel advisory by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Stay away and maintain distance from people showing flu-like symptoms
- Do not touch your face, nose or mouth without sanitizing your hands
- Do not come closer to people with flu-like symptoms
- Do not visit crowded places to avoid transmission
- Do not spread misinformation about coronavirus
- Do not eat uncooked meat or eggs as it may contain virus
What is Coronavirus?
The Wuhan coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a type of common virus that can cause an infection in your nose, sinuses or upper throat. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that get their name from the way it looks under a microscope - they are spherical and their surfaces have "crown"-like spikes. Coronavirus can cause illnesses like the common cold and more severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). Some detailed investigation shows that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans.
Coronavirus infections have a wide range of symptoms which include fever and breathing difficulties, runny nose and sore throat. A mild case of coronavirus can cause cold-like symptoms, while a severe case can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), kidney failure and can even lead to death.
What Preventions Should You Take?
To prevent and avoid coronavirus infection, do the same things you do to avoid the common cold:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap, warm water or using a medical-grade alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with people who are infected.
- If you are having the infection, use a face mask or cover your face while coughing and sneezing to prevent it from spreading.
- Avoid eating eggs and meat.
- Keep drinking water and fluids.
- Take proper rest and avoid overexertion