Table of Contents
SSC JE Salary 2024: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) releases the SSC JE Salary details for SSC Junior Engineers (JE) on its official website. SSC recruits Junior Engineers for various government departments and ministries. The SSC JE salary structure is designed to attract skilled engineers to contribute to the functioning of various government departments. The selected candidates will receive an SSC JE Salary ranging from Rs. 35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400 per month, along with various allowances such as travel allowance (TA), house rent allowance (HRA), and dearness allowance (DA). All the details regarding SSC JE Salary 2024 are mentioned in the article below.
SSC JE Salary 2024: Overview
Understanding SSC JE Salary gives you knowledge of the monetary benefits, SSC JE positions offer stability, recognition, and opportunities for growth. For the candidate’s convenience we have provided an overview of SSC JE 2024 Salary comprising the important points such as grade pay, pay scale, and allowances are given below in the table.
|SSC JE Salary 2024: Overview
|Staff Selection Commission
|SSC JE Salary
|TA, DA, HRA and others
SSC JE Salary Structure
After the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, there has been a major hike in the gross salary of the SSC JE in various departments. The SSC JE post comes under Group B, a non-gazetted post in Level 6. This post has a lucrative career growth with a high salary depending upon the allowances you get. The total SSC JE Salary in hand will also depend on the other allowances and the city you are living in. Let’s take a look at the overview of the SSC JE Salary in hand.
|HRA (depending on the city)
|X Cities (27%)
|Y Cities (18%)
|Z Cities (9%)
|DA (Current- 42%)
|Gross Salary Range (Approximately)
SSC JE In Hand Salary 2024
The monthly In-Hand salary of the candidates is calculated by adding up all the allowances and subtracting the deductions such as PF, NPS, etc. The In-hand salary offered to the shortlisted candidates is calculated using the formula below.
Total Salary = Basic Salary + All Allowances (DA, TA, HRA) – All Deduction (Income Tax, NPS, PF)
SSC JE Allowances & Benefits
Apart from the basic pay, a Junior Engineer in the railways gets various allowances and perks that add to their salary raising a hike in their respective salary. Let’s take a look at some of the allowances in addition to the SSC JE basic pay:
- HRA i.e. House Rent Allowance: This allowance is provided to employees for accommodation expenses and is calculated based on the city of posting.
- Dearness Allowance: DA is linked to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and is revised periodically to compensate for inflation.
- Travel Allowance: It is provided to cover commuting expenses.
- Medical Allowance
- Other Special Allowances
SSC JE 2024 Job Profile
The job responsibilities of the candidates appointed as Junior Engineers include the following:
- Supervising the work: The main job of a Junior Engineer is to supervise all the work going on the site. They will have to work on government projects and will make sure that the work is done properly.
- Lead the team for various government projects: The Government usually comes up with new schemes to be implemented regularly for which a Junior Engineer executes everything that needs to be done with the help of its team.
- Planning & Execution: All the work-related planning is done by the Junior Engineer along with the technique to be implemented in the project.
- Guide his/her superiors: A JE also guides his superiors and makes sure the work is done properly.
- Handles all the accounts: The JE also handles money matters related to work done by the workers or contractors. He also makes sure that the work is done within the budget provided by the government.