SSC MTS Salary 2023
SSC MTS Salary: Posts Under SSC MTS
SSC MTS is an important exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India. It is a challenging job and requires a lot of hard work. The following are the posts that fall into the Group “C” Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial Posts.
- Junior Gestetner Operator
SSC MTS Salary Structure
The SSC MTS post is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, a non-ministerial post. It falls under Pay band-1 (Rs.5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800. The average SSC MTS salary is around Rs.18000- Rs.22000. Staff Selection Commission categorizes salary structure for SSC MTS based on the type of city or location where the personnel is posted. There are 3 categories of cities- X, Y, and Z. The detailed breakup of SSC MTS salary comprising of the pay scale and allowances are provided in the following table:
|Post||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)|
|DA[ 42% ]||7560||7560||7560|
|DA on TA||0||0||0|
SSC MTS Salary 2023: Allowances and Benefits
Along with the SSC MTS Salary, candidates will be entitled to the following Perks and Benefits:
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Benefits
- Post Retirement Benefit
- Traveling Allowance
- Insurance Scheme
SSC MTS Salary: Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the candidates shortlisted for various posts under are discussed below.
- General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Carrying files and papers within the building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.
- Delivering Dak (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Work-related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists.
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Upkeep lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
SSC MTS Salary: Career Growth
In terms of SSC MTS Salary, there are two types of increments provided under the Pay Band-I scheme, i.e. Annual increments and Promotional increments.
1. Annual Increments: Annual increments are to be paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the Pay Band and the corresponding Grade Pay.
2. Promotional Increments: To promote employees in government offices of various ministries, departmental exams are conducted from time to time. At the time of promotion, the grade pay attached to the posts at different levels within the same running pay band changes.
After factoring in all the above aspects, it is pertinent to say that SSC MTS might provide you with a decent job with no redundant role play. Along with that, departmental exams upturn one’s official status and salary structure.