Posts Under SSC MTS
SSC MTS is an important exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India. It is a challenging job and requires a lot of hard work. The following are the posts that fall into the Group “C” Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial Post.
- Junior Gestetner Operator
SSC MTS Salary Structure
The SSC MTS post is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, a non-ministerial post. It falls under Pay band-1 (Rs.5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800. The average SSC MTS salary is around Rs.18000- Rs.22000. Staff Selection Commission categorizes salary structure for SSC MTS based on the type of city or location where the personnel is posted. There are 3 categories of cities- X, Y, and Z. The detailed breakup of SSC MTS salary comprising of pay scale and allowances are provided in the following table:
|Post||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)||MTS(GP 1800)|
|DA[ 34% ]||6120||6120||6120|
|DA on TA||0||0||0|
Roles and Responsibilities Under SSC MTS
The following are mentioned roles & responsibilities of the candidates who are selected to the post of SSC MTS have to perform
- General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Carrying of files and papers within the building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.
- Delivering of Dak (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Work-related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists.
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Upkeep of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
Career Growth In SSC MTS
In terms of SSC MTS Salary, there are two types of increments provided under the Pay Band-I scheme, i.e. Annual increments and Promotional increments.
1. Annual Increments: Annual increments are to be paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the Pay Band and the corresponding Grade Pay.
2. Promotional Increments: To promote employees in government offices of various ministries, departmental exams are conducted from time to time.At the time of promotion, the grade pay attached to the posts at different levels within the same running pay band changes.
After factoring in all the above aspects, it is pertinent to say that SSC MTS might provide you with a decent job with no redundant role play. Along with that, departmental exams upturn one’s official status and salary structure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Grade Pay of SSC MTS?
Ans. The Grade Pay of SSC MTS is Rs. 1800/-.
Q. What is the pay band of SSC MTS salary?
Ans. The pay band for SSC MTS posts is Pat Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200).
Q. What will be the job profile of candidates after selection in SSC MTS?
Ans. The job profile in SSC MTS includes peon, safety, jamadar, Safaiwalla, mali, operator, etc.
Q. What is the starting salary of SSC MTS?
Ans. The starting salary of SSC MTS is between 21K to 27K depending upon the location of the posting.
Q. What is the full form of MTS?
Ans. The full form of MTS is multitasking staff.