SSC JE Exam Date: The Staff Selection Commission has announced the SSC JE TIER 2 Exam Date through a notice on 6th August 2021. As per the notice, Tier-2 Examination for “Junior Engineer (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Quantity Surveying & Contracts) 2020” will be held on 26th September 2021 (Sunday). The candidates who qualified in SSC JE Tier-1 Exam will be issued with SSC JE Tier-2 Admit Card. SSC JE is a great opportunity for candidates looking for an engineering job in Government organizations. Staff Selection Commission is all set to start the recruitment process for SSC JE 2021. The selection process of SSC JE 2019 recruitment consists of Paper-1 & Paper-2.
SSC has released the new exam calendar for the Junior Engineer (JE) exam on @ssc.nic.in. Candidates can check the newly revised calendar below. SSC conducts the SSC JE Exam for the recruitment of various posts of Junior Engineer (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, etc.) across the country. Students with the required qualification can apply for this recruitment and get the opportunity to work as a JE. We are providing aspirants all the details regarding SSC JE Exam dates. The admit card for SSC JE will be available in October on the official regional websites of SSC.
SSC JE Exam Dates 2020-21
The recruitment notification for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical) will be releasing officially on 01st October 2020. Candidates can also check the SSC JE 2021 Important dates in the below table:
|Notification Release Date||1st October 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||30th October 2020|
|Tier-I Admit Card||12th March 2021|
|Commencement of Tier-I Exam||22nd March to 24th March 2021|
|SSC JE Tier-I Result & Cut-Off||30th June 2021|
|Tier-II Admit Card||September 2021|
|Commencement of Tier-II Exam||26th September 2021|
Before appearing for the exam, it’s really important to know about the SSC JE Exam Pattern. SSC JE Paper 1 comprises of 3 subjects containing multiple-choice questions of 1 mark each. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Here are the details:
|Papers||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hrs.|
|(ii) General Awareness||50||50|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR||100||100|
|Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) OR|
|Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)|
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
- Candidates will appear for the Part as per the stream chosen by him/her in the application form.
- Candidates will be allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
- Marks will be normalized based on the number of shifts of the exam.
Paper-II will be held in a written format
The candidates qualifying in Paper 1 will be called for Paper 2 based on the marks scored. Paper 2 will be a written exam. Check out the exam pattern for Paper 2:
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)||300||2 Hrs.|
|Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)||300||2 Hrs.|
|Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 Hrs.|
Important Points to be kept in mind For SSC JE Paper 1 exam:
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per the option given in the application form filled by the candidate. In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contracts) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B(Electrical)
- The candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/ her answer sheet (PaperII) will not be evaluated.
- There will be negative marking and candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables, and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
- Based on the normalized marks scored in the (Paper-I) i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II.
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD||32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES||30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and Contract), MES||18-27 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)||Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (QS&C)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).|