Table of Contents
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 has been released along with the notification pdf by Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB). DSSSB MTS Syllabus contains total 4 subject which are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning ability, Arithmetical and Numerical Ability, Hindi Language and Comprehension and English Language and comprehension. Understanding the DSSSB Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2024 is a very important part of the preparation for the candidates. The exam dates for the concerned recruitment process are not out yet but the preparation must start now. Know detailed syllabus and other beneficial detail in this post or on the official website of DSSSB.
DSSSB MTS Selection Process 2024
The DSSSB MTS Recruitment process 2024 is of 3 stages. These are the written exam, the skill or typing test, and the document verification stage. All three stages are equally important for a candidate. Let’s take a look at the nature of each stage.
- Written Examination: This level checks the knowledge and aptitude of the candidate which is a good parameter to decide whether he/she is suitable for the post.
- Skill or Typing Test: After clearing the written examination, candidates will be required to go through a skill or typing test according to different departments’ requirements.
- Document Verification: When candidates clear both levels of the exam, they are required to go through a verification process to confirm their eligibility and qualifications.
The final merit list is prepared according to the performance of the candidates in all the 3 levels of the recruitment process.
DSSSB MTS Exam Pattern 2024
The first stage of the DSSSB MTS recruitment 2024 process is a written exam and this exam consists of 5 sections. Each section consists of 40 questions and each question carries 1 mark. The exam will be conducted for a duration of 2 Hours. The examination will be of objective type and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The candidates must familiarize themselves with the exam pattern so that they can plan their preparation accordingly and score well in the exam. Here we take a look into the pattern of the written exam and how it has been structured.
|No. of questions
|General Intelligence/ Reasoning Ability
|Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
|Test of Hindi Language & Comprehension
|Test of English Language & Comprehension
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 Subjects Wise
The detailed notification of the exam has been released on the official website of Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board. However, the detailed syllabus of the DSSSB MTS Exam 2024 is to be assessed by the candidates before starting the preparations and according to the exam structure provided and the pattern of the previous year’s papers, we can expect
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 for General Awareness
The general awareness section of the exam is intended to check the knowledge of the candidates about the happenings of society and the world. It also tests their concepts regarding various subjects to check their general knowledge. The various topics covered in this section of the paper are as follows:
- History (Ancient, Medieval and Modern) and art and culture.
- Geography ( of India and the World) and Environment.
- Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and Technology.
- Polity ( Constitution and the political setup) and Governance.
- Economics (Indian Economy) and Society
- Current Events ( of national and international importance)
- Static General Knowledge (Facts & Figures)
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 for General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
This section of the paper tests the candidate’s presence of mind and their ability to derive outputs from the given information. It is one of the most important part sections of the paper as it can be highly scoring for the candidates who have prepared it well. The topics asked in this section are as follows:
- Syllogism & Analogies
- Similarities & Differences
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Number, Alphabet & Alphanumeric series
- Direction Test
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relation
- Visual Memory & Visualization
- Arithmetical Reasoning
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 for Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
The 40 questions of this section test the candidates on various concepts and logic. Generally, this section is divided into number system, arithmetic and advanced maths. These categories contain multiple topics and candidates need to pay equal attention to each of these topics. The list of topics asked in the Arithmetical & Numerical Ability section is as follows:
- Number System, HCF & LCM, Decimals & Fractions
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Work
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Profit & Lost
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
- Tables & Graphs
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 for Hindi Language & Comprehension
As it is a language test, it includes questions on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension. Some of the topics asked under these categories are listed below:
- समानार्थी शब्द
- विलोम शब्द
- मुहावरे और वाक्यांश
- क्रिया विशेषण
- समास, संधि विच्छेद, अलंकार
DSSSB MTS Syllabus 2024 for English Language & Comprehension
This section tests the candidate’s ability to comprehend and communicate effectively. It covers many different topics from grammar, vocabulary, comprehension and their applications. The commonly asked topics asked in this section can be found below.
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Detection
- Sentence Correction
How to prepare for DSSSB MTS 2024 Exam?
The written exam of the DSSSB MTS Recruitment 2024 tests the candidates on various parameters. To perform well in the exam, candidates must be properly prepared to face the paper on the exam day. The preparation for this exam is a multi-step process and requires the candidates to utilize each step efficiently. The candidates preparing for the DSSSB MTS Recruitment 2024 exam should keep the following points in mind.
- Analyzing the details syllabus of the exam as provided above is necessary to craft a preparation strategy and plan for each section of the exam.
- Going through the Previous Year Questions is a crucial step to be aware of the latest level and trend of the questions asked in the exam.
- Practicing the concepts learned as mentioned in the syllabus is required to perfect the knowledge to perform well in the exam.
- Multiple revisions of the concepts in each section of the paper is very important to recall the necessary facts in the examination hall.
- attempting sectional as well as full-length mock tests contributes to the improvement of the speed and accuracy of the candidates. It also helps them to manage their time in the exam better.
Keeping these points in mind while preparing for the DSSSB MTS Exam 2024 will help them minimize mistakes and maximize their scores in the exam and will increase their chances of finding their names in the final merit list.