SSC CGL 2019 Tier I exam is scheduled to be held from 2nd to 11th March 2020. The Tier I exam consists of 25 questions each from General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Section of 50 marks each. General Awareness section keeps the aspirants in a dilemma with its vast syllabus and unlimited current affairs. To put an end to all your queries and confusion, we are providing you tips on how to strategize, plan, and prepare for the General Awareness section in SSC CGL Tier I exam. You can easily score 40+ marks in this section. How? Check out the article below to get the answers.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 14 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
SSC CGL Tier I 2019: Score 40+ Marks in General Awareness section
We have often seen the aspirants struggling to prepare this particular section as not excelling in this may prove as a hindrance in your selection. How to prepare for General Awareness section in SSC CGL Tier I? Here are some tips that can be useful for the aspirants to score 40+ marks in General Awareness section:
- SSC CGL 2019 Exam: Major Changes Announced In SSC CGL 2019-20[CLICK HERE]
- SSC CGL 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Click Here
Know the complete syllabus
Make sure to know the complete syllabus given by the SSC. Take a print out of the syllabus and note down the topics you are weaker in. Below is the list of topics asked in the General Awareness section of SSC CGL.
- Static General Knowledge that includes History, Geography, Polity, Economics, of India and neighboring countries.
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important Schemes
- People in the News etc
2. Make Notes & Study daily
Make notes of the topics and start studying them daily. You should note down all the points at one place to make it easy for revision. Make a study plan and allot subject wise time each day. You can focus on one subject every day. SSCADDA is also providing capsules for General Awareness and General Science. Click on the links given below:
3. Learn from the books
You can buy the relevant books covering the SSC CGL syllabus in detail based on the latest pattern. You can write notes from different books and prepare your own study material accordingly. Try to write & Learn. Candidates can buy the Adda247 books that cover topic wise notes and hundreds of questions.
4. Stay updated with the current affairs
Current affairs are majorly asked in the SSC CGL Tier I Exam. Learn current affairs on a daily basis and then revise them weekly. In SSC CGL Exam, current affairs of last 6 months are majorly asked. Some questions can even be asked from past one year. It is really important to revise all the current affairs of India & International to score good marks in this section.
5. Practice mock tests
Practicing weekly mock tests will add to your preparations. You can attempt daily quizzes or weekly mock tests that will help you memorize. SSCADDA is providing free quizzes for SSC CGL Tier I GA section. You can attempt it on the Adda247 app and study from there.
- SSC CGL 2019: APPLY ONLINE HERE
- Click here to check SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification
- SSC CGL Cut Off 2018-19 | Check Cut Off
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2019
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2019