SSC Stenographer Salary 2023
SSC Stenographer Salary 2023: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts an annual exam to recruit candidates for the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’. The SSC Stenographer Salary 2023 ranges from Rs. 5200 to Rs.34800, making it an attractive and rewarding career choice. In addition to the basic SSC Stenographer Salary 2023, candidates are also entitled to various perks and allowances, such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), and Medical Allowance.
SSC Stenographer Salary Structure 2023
The Salary Structure of an SSC Stenographer along with the grade pay, group & pay scale is given below:
|Posts||Grade Pay||Group||Pay Band||Pay scale|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4600||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4200||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||2400||C||1||Rs 5200-20200|
SSC Stenographer Posting Departments
Let’s take a look at the various departments in which candidates will be posted after passing the SSC Stenographer exam:
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟, Non-Gazetted) GP: 4600
- Election Commission of India
- M/o External Affairs
- M/o Defence (O/O THE JS (TRG) & CAO) AFHQ
- Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)
- M/o Development of North Eastern Region
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟, Non-Gazetted) GP: 4200
- Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue
- M/o Communications (D/o Telecommunications) Admn.
- M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS)
- Customs, Excise & Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT)
- M/o Labour & Employment
- M/o Water Resources
Stenographer Grade “D‟ (Group “C‟)
Various departments such as M/o Statistics & Prog Implementation, M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS), Bureau of Police Research & Development, Canteen, Stores Department (M/o Defence), M/o External Affairs, National Investigation Agency, Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue, etc
SSC Stenographer Salary 2023: Allowances
The allowances offered to the candidates appointed for the posts of Stenographer are as follows:
1. House Rent Allowance(HRA): House rent allowance will depend on the class of city you are living in. HRA shall not be less than Rs. 5400/- pm, Rs. 3600/- pm, and Rs.1800/- pm at X, Y & Z class cities respectively.
- @ 24% of Basic pay for X category of cities
- @ 16% of Basic Pay for Y category of cities
- @ 8% of Basic Pay for Z category of cities
HRA shall be revised to 27%, 18% & 9% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when Dearness Allowance (DA) crosses 25% and further to 30%, 20%, and 10% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when DA crosses 50%
2. Dearness Allowance (DA)
The Dearness Allowance is a cost of living adjustment allowance and is currently 42% Of Basic Pay under the 7th Pay Commission.
3. Transport Allowance (TA)
The rate of transport allowance per month varies according to the place you are living in as mentioned below:
- Employees posted in the cities: Rs.3600+DA thereon
- Employees posted at all other places: Rs.1800+DA thereon
SSC Stenographer Job Profile
The SSC Stenographer job profile consists of the following work on a daily basis:
- Shorthand Writing: Taking dictations and notes in shorthand writing
- Transcription: Transcribing the notes into a readable format by typing it on the computer
- Assist the officer: Assisting the posted officer with phone calls, bookings, fixing appointments
- Maintaining records: Maintenance of a diary containing details of meetings, important files, and important documents, etc
- Speech writing: Noting down details of the press conference/speech given by the minister/officer
SSC Stenographer Career Growth
The career growth of an SSC Stenographer looks promising and with immense benefits. After working for 5-6 years of regular service in particular grade pay, one is eligible for promotions to the next level of grade pay. Take a look at the below chart that depicts the growth of an SSC Stenographer from PB 1 to PB 3.
SSC Stenographer Salary After the 7th Pay Commission In Hindi
Every aspirant is excited to know about what salary he/she will be paid after joining SSC Stenographer. So, in this article, we will be providing your information on SSC Stenographer salary 2023. If you want to know about SSC Stenographer salary 2023 then you must read this article carefully. And if you are an aspirant preparing in Hindi or you want to read this article in Hindi then click on the link provided below.