SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019
The SSC Stenographer 2019 notification has been released and candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent examination can apply online till 18th October 2019. The exam dates are also out and scheduled from 5th to 7th May. To ace the exam, you need to be well-versed with the syllabus of the exam and this post will help in the same. Check the detailed SSC Stenographer syllabus of Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus: Tier 1 Written Exam
Tier 1 exam of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2019
The SSC Stenographer Tier I exam will consist of 3 sections namely General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language. The total duration of tier I will be 2 hours and candidates can go through the detailed exam pattern by clicking on the link given below:
SSC Stenographer Syllabus: General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities and differences,
- Space visualization,
- Analysis, judgement, decision making,
- Visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning, & arithmetical number series,
- Verbal and figure classification, non-verbal series etc.
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus: General Awareness
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus: English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus: Skill Test in Stenography
Skill Test in Stenography for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2019
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test.
- It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature. The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer only.
- The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only.
The time duration and details of the stenography skill test are given in the below table:
Of Skill Test
|Time Duration (in
minutes) for the
candidates who are
allowed to use the scribe