SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022: Overview
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification for which the online application is started from 20th August 2022 to 5th September 2022. The detailed overview of the SSC Stenographer 2022 is as follows:
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2022|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Posts||Grade C & D Stenographers|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online Exam|
|Duration of Test||
SSC Stenographer 2022 Selection Process
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Skill Test||Pen and Paper mode i.e. Transcription is to be done on computer and shorthand notes to be taken in shorthand notepads.|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern For Tier-1
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice Objective type questions|
|Number of sections||3|
|Number of Questions||200|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer|
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is a negative marking in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2022 Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.25 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 2 hours and 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern Tier 2
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
- The skill test will be of qualifying nature.
- The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test.
- The shorthand test will have to be done on the Shorthand Notepad and the same has to be transcribed on a computer.
- The skill test language can be either English or Hindi.
The transcription time is as follows:-
- For Stenographer Group ‘D’: 80 words per minute (w.p.m) for 8 Minutes
- For Stenographer Group ‘C’: 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for 10 Minutes
- If the candidates do not indicate the medium of stenography test in the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test for such candidates.
- There is no exemption from the skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
- VH candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English Shorthand or in 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ and in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test for the post of Stenographer Grade‘C’.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centres as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding the Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
After taking down the shorthand notes the candidates will have to transcribe the same on the computer. The Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration||Time Duration for candidates
who are allowed the scribe
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50 Minutes||70 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||65 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40 Minutes||55 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||55 Minutes||75 Minutes|
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Qualifying Criteria
The candidates must check the SSC Stenographer CBT set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
- The candidate securing higher marks will be selected to appear for the Grade C as well as the Grade D Exam of the Skill Test, which will be the Tier II Exam.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D.
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022: FAQ
Q. How many questions are there in SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Exam?
Ans: There are 200 questions in SSC Stenographer Tier 1.
Q.How many sections are there in SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Exam?
Ans: There are 3 sections in the SSC Stenographer Tier 1 i.e. Prelims.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Exam?
Ans: Yes. There is a negative marking for the 0.25 marks for the wrong answer.
Q. How many tiers are there in the SSC Stenographer exam 2022?
Ans: There are only two tiers in the SSC Stenographer examination 2022.
You may also like to read this: