As the SSC CGL exam is approaching in a few days, candidates must be fully engaged in their preparations with utmost concentration and determination. The Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2023 is set to take place from 14th July to 27th July 2023. To help the appearing candidates to score maximum marks, SSCAADA is providing you with some valuable tips that will surely help you enhance your performance in SSC CGL.
Tips To Score Maximum Marks in SSC CGL Exam
Understanding the Exam Pattern and syllabus
The very first thing that a candidate must do is thoroughly review the exam pattern of the examination. A thorough understanding of the exam pattern enables candidates to develop effective strategies for achieving success in the exam. By comprehending the exam pattern, candidates can identify the sections that require more emphasis and concentration. This knowledge will assist applicants in allocating their study time and efforts appropriately.
Preparation Plan for each section
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam contains 4 sections namely: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness. In order to crack the exam, it is really important to make a preparation strategy accordingly. While working on strengths gives us confidence, improving our weak points may become a big pain. To help you with that here are the section-wise preparation tips.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Here are some tips that will help you ace the General Intelligence and Reasoning Section of the SSC CGL Exam 2023
- Improve your logical skills: This section tests the candidate’s problem-solving and thinking ability, so you need to sharpen your logical and analytical skills.
- Focus on one topic at a time: Take one topic at a time, reasoning requires you to think in a certain way, and doing 2-3 different types of topics in one go may not be fruitful.
- Think Logically: Always remember that the given question will be solved by the data given only, and you need to apply logic to the provided data. Use smart and appropriate tricks and methods for solving any problem.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section is there in both Tier I and II Papers and is very important in order to score good marks in SSC CGL.
- Working on Basics: Don’t start using shortcuts from the first day itself. Try to learn the basics of all the topics first and get in-depth knowledge.
- Managing Time: Give proper time to important topics covered in the exam. First, you need to focus on your weak areas and spend more time solving them to strengthen them. Do practice your strong but, allocate a little less time to them. As you gain more and more confidence slowly increase your speed too and try to solve every question within one minute.
- Learn Short-cut Methods: In order to solve a question within a minute you need to increase your calculation speed, students must focus on the short-cut methods and tricks which will help in saving time for solving tough questions in the exam. To gain accuracy and speed try to practice tricks and remember tables, cubes, squares, square roots, etc.
- General English: Here are some tips that will help you score a decent score in this section.
- Improve your Vocabulary: Here are some ways through which look you can improve your vocabulary:
- Thesaurus: This is an easy way to study and memorize words. There are a lot of online thesauruses available in which a word and its opposite words can be found in one place.
- Learn at least one word a day: Cultivate a routine of learning at least one new word every day. This will help in improving your vocab and will enhance your command over the English language.
- Improve your English Grammar: To achieve higher scores in the English section, candidates need a solid grasp of grammar rules when tackling questions from the “English Language and Comprehension” section. Spotting the errors, and jumbled phrases require good knowledge of English grammar. Knowledge of grammar comes over a period of time and it can’t be gained in a few days. Following the rules of grammar is very important to score marks in this section
- Improve your Reading Comprehension Skills: Just like grammar, reading comprehension skills also cannot be built overnight. In order to crack the reading comprehension part, it is suggested to develop a habit of reading daily. Reading newspapers is a good option and will surely improve your reading skills as well as Current Affairs. Try to read editorial sections especially to improve your reading skills.
- General Awareness: General Awareness is the most important section of the SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam. This is the only section that can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section.
- Make Notes & Study Daily: Making notes on the topics and start studying them daily is very important if you want to score well in this section. You should jot down all the points in one place to make it easy for revision. You can also make a study plan and allot proper time for each topic of the subject. This will help you in covering all the topics of the subject.
- Stay updated with current affairs: Current affairs are majorly asked in the SSC CGL Tier I Exam. To prepare current affairs you will have to prepare them on a daily basis and revise them at least once a week. In SSC CGL Exam, normally current affairs of the last 6 months are majorly asked.