SSC CGL Syllabus 2022
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Every year SSC conducts the SSC CGL exam for the recruitment of various Group B and Group C posts in several departments under the Government of India. SSC will conduct Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination in four Tiers namely Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 are conducted in Online Mode & Tier 3 is conducted in Pen and Paper mode and Tier 4 is Computer Skill Test. SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will be conducted from 11th to 21st April 2022.
We are going to provide you with the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4 in this post. A fair knowledge of the SSC CGL Syllabus & exam pattern is necessary to prepare effectively for this exam. In this article, you will get SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 and SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022-Overview
SSC CGL 2022 detailed overview has been provided below in table form. Candidates must go through the details of the SSC CGL for proper preparation. The important information has been tabulated below.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date||11th to 21st April 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & Graduate (Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline)|
|Exam Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
|Section||Tier 1 – 4 Sections
Tier 2 – 4 Papers
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022
Candidates who are preparing for the SSC CGL 2022 must be looking for the proper SSC CGL syllabus as well as the SSC CGL exam pattern which has been provided below. Students must go through the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for Tier 1 of all the sections here.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2022
SSC CGL Tier I exam 2022 consists of 4 sections with 25 questions each as given in the table below:
|S No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes|
- Candidates should be careful while attempting any answer as there might be chances of negative marking like the previous years.
- As per the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, candidates can expect a deduction of 0.5 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates should be thorough with all the papers and practice a lot of question papers from the previous years’.
- Candidates should cover all important topics given in the SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 1.
- The SSC CGL reasoning syllabus should be understood in-depth as it covers a vast number of topics.
- Candidates should be very careful while going through the SSC CGL Exam Pattern as it is subjected to changes from time to time.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2022
SSC CGL Tier-2 exam is of 200 marks. A time limit of 2 hours is given to candidates to complete each section of the Exam. For physically handicapped students, the cumulative time to complete the SSC CGL Tier-II exam is increased to 2 hours 40 minutes.
|S No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV
- Candidates need to be careful while filling in the choices as this paper has Hindi/English as the option.
- This exam is comparatively easier than other exams but candidates need to score at least one-third of the total marks to pass this exam.
- As mentioned in the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, the duration for differently-abled candidates is 80 mins.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Tier-1
Candidates must go through the detailed SSC CGL syllabus for the TIER I, TIER II, TIER III, and TIER IV. The detailed SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus has been provided below. Candidates must go through the detailed syllabus.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Intelligence and Reasoning includes both verbal and non-verbal type questions. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern- folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of center codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Maths
SSC CGL Maths Syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 1: Quantitative Aptitude questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The topics for the SSC CGL maths syllabus will be:
- Computation of whole numbers,
- fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Profit and Loss,
- Time and distance,
- Time & Work,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Alligation,
- Square roots,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Circle and its chords,
- angles subtended by chords of a circle,
- common tangents to two or more circles,
- Regular Polygons,
- Right Prism,
- Right, Circular Cone,
- Right, Circular Cylinder,
- Heights and Distances,
- Rectangular Parallelepiped,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Frequency polygon,
- Bar diagram & Pie chart,
- Trigonometric ratio,
- Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities,
- Complementary angles.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: English
This section measures Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/their basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. This section may include questions on Phrases and Idioms, One-word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings Correction, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms-Antonyms, Active Passive, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Improvement, Cloze test, etc.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: General Awareness
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness (GK+GS) of the environment around them and its application to society. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research. The questions will also be asked from Science, Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Sports, Important Schemes, Important Days, Portfolios, People in News, etc.
SSC CGL TIER 2 Syllabus 2022
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Paper 1 Quantitative Abilities:
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Paper 2 English Language & Comprehension
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of the English Language and will be based on the spot the error, fill in 21 the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/ detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/ passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/ indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022:Paper 3 Statistics
1. Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation, and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling, and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample, and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of an index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Paper 4 of General Studies, Finance and Economics
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
1.1 Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
1.2 Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, Ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & Loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organizations Accounts, Receipts and Payments, and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope, and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer‟s behaviourMarshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
2.5 Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
2.6 Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition, and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
2.7 Indian Economy:
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth, and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes, and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation, and Disinvestment.
2.9 Money and Banking:
2.9.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.9.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.9.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Note: Questions in Paper-I will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-II of 10+2 Level, and in Paper-III and Paper-IV of Graduation Level.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Tier 3
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Tier 4
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST Exam through SSC CGL 2017 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier-1 and SSC CGL Tier-2 exams are mandatory for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL Notification of while Tier-3 is specifically for candidates applying for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler. Similarly, the Tier-4 exam is taken by candidates applying specifically for TA, CSS, MEA, and Inspector.
SSC CGL Previous Year Paper
You must go through the previous year’s papers of SSC CGL and understand the type of questions asked in the exam. The questions paper will help candidates to understand the exam pattern and prepare according to that. Candidates must go through the link provided below.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022:FAQ
Q1. What is the exam date of the SSC CGL 2021-22 exam?
Ans. SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 11th to 21st April 2022.
Q2. What are the subjects for the SSC CGL tier 2 exam?
Ans. Questions will be asked in the SSC CGL tier exam from Quantitative Ability, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Q3. Is there any negative marking in the SSC CGL tier 2 exam?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV.
Q4. When will the SSC CGL 2021-22 admit card be released?
Ans. Admit Card has been released on SSC regional sites, candidates can download it from the official website.