SSC Stenographer Salary 2020: Job Profile & Career Growth After 7th Pay Commission
SSC Stenographer 2020: The examination for Stenographer is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit eligible candidates in Grade C and Grade D level in various ministries and departments under Central Government. Candidates can check SSC Exams for information regarding other posts for which the recruitment is conducted under the commission. The salary of SSC Stenographer is revised after the application of 7th Pay Commission. Currently, SSC Stenographer in-hand salary for Grade C & Grade D employees is around 14000 and 7500 respectively. To through some light on the SSC Stenographer Salary, Pay Scale, Job Profile, and Career Growth, Adda247 is providing this article with all the details. Have a look.
SSC Stenographer Salary: Basic Salary Structure
The Basic Salary Structure of SSC Stenographer along with the grade pay, group & pay scale is given below:
|Posts||Grade Pay||Group||Pay Band||Pay scale|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4600||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4200||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||2400||C||1||Rs 5200-20200|
SSC Stenographer Salary: Posting Departments
Let’s take a look at the various departments in which candidates will be posted after passing the SSC Stenographer exam:
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟, Non Gazetted) GP: 4600
- Election Commission of India
- M/o External Affairs
- M/o Defence (O/O THE JS (TRG) & CAO) AFHQ
- Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)
- M/o Development of North Eastern Region
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟,Non Gazetted) GP: 4200
- Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue
- M/o Communications (D/o Telecommunications) Admn.
- M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS)
- Customs, Excise & Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT)
- M/o Labour & Employment
- M/o Water Resources
Stenographer Grade “D‟ (Group “C‟)
Various departments such as M/o Statistics & Prog Implementation, M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS), Bureau of Police Research & Development, Canteen, Stores Department (M/o Defence), M/o External Affairs, National Investigation Agency, Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue etc
SSC Stenographer Salary: Basic Allowances Provided
House Rent Allowance(HRA)
House rent allowance will depend on the class of city you are living in. HRA shall not be less than Rs. 5400/- pm, Rs. 3600/- pm and Rs.1800/- pm at X, Y & Z class cities respectively.
- @ 24% of Basic pay for X category of cities
- @ 16% of Basic Pay for Y category of cities
- @ 8% of Basic Pay for Z category of cities
HRA shall be revised to 27%, 18% & 9% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when Dearness Allowance (DA) crosses 25% and further to 30%, 20% and 10% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when DA crosses 50%
Dearness Allowance (DA)
The Dearness Allowance is a cost of living adjustment allowance and is currently 12% Of basic Pay under the 7th Pay Commission.
Transport Allowance (TA)
The rate of transport allowance per month various according to the place you are living in as mentioned below:
- Employees posted in the cities: Rs.3600+DA thereon
- Employees posted at all other places: Rs.1800+DA thereon
SSC Stenographer Job Profile:
The SSC Stenographer job profile consists of the following work on a daily basis:
- Shorthand Writing: Taking dictations and notes in shorthand writing
- Transcription: Transcripting the notes into a readable format by typing it on the computer
- Assist the officer: Assisting the posted officer with phone calls, bookings, fixing appointments
- Maintaining records: Maintainance of diary containing details of meetings, important files and important documents etc
- Speech writing: Noting down details of the press conference/speech given by the minister/officer
SSC Stenographer Career Growth
The career growth in SSC Stenographer looks promising and with immense benefits. After working for 5-6 years of regular service in particular grade pay, one is eligible for promotions on the next level of grade pay. Take a look at the below chart that depicts the growth of an SSC Stenographer from PB 1 to PB 3.
Check out the other details for SSC Stenographer Recruitment:
- SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Notification
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern For Tier – 1 and 2
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019: Check Detailed Syllabus
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Let us look at some commonly asked questions regarding -SSC Stenographer job profile/salary.
Q1. Does SSC conduct SSC Stenographer exam every year?
Ans. Yes, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Stenographer exam every year to recruit eligible candidates for the non-technical posts in Grade C and Grade D posts of Stenographers.
Q2. What is the SSC Stenographer Salary for Grade D employees?
Ans. The salary of SSC Stenographer Grade D employee is between 7000/ to 8000/ rupees per month.
Q3. What is the SSC Stenographer job profile?
Ans. SSC Stenographer work profile includes the responsibility of press conference briefings, speech writing, helping in public relation, etc. in various ministries or departments under the government.
Q4. What is the minimum education qualification required to appear for the SSC Stenographer examination?
Ans. Candidates who wish to appear for SSC Stenographer examination must possess 12th pass certificate in order to be eligible for the exam.