SSC Stenographer Salary: Job Profile & Career Growth After 7th Pay Commission
SSC Stenographer 2020 examination will be conducted to recruit the Stenographers to various posts of SSC departments. What is the SSC Stenographer salary? Many candidates with stenography skills look for this recruitment throughout the year as it provides a great opportunity with a good pay scale. The job makes it worth it with the number of benefits one gets in this post. To through some light on the SSC Stenographer Salary, Pay Scale, Job Profile and Career Growth, Adda247 is providing this article with all the details. Have a look.
SSC Stenographer Salary: Basic Salary Structure
The Basic Salary Structure of SSC Stenographer along with the grade pay, group & pay scale is given below:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
|Posts||Grade Pay||Group||Pay Band||Pay scale|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4600||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||4200||B||2||Rs 9300-34800|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||2400||C||1||Rs 5200-20200|
SSC Stenographer Salary: Posting Departments
Let’s take a look at the various departments in which candidates will be posted after passing the SSC Stenographer exam:
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟, Non Gazetted) GP: 4600
- Election Commission of India
- M/o External Affairs
- M/o Defence (O/O THE JS (TRG) & CAO) AFHQ
- Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)
- M/o Development of North Eastern Region
Stenographer Grade “C‟ (Group “B‟,Non Gazetted) GP: 4200
- Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue
- M/o Communications (D/o Telecommunications) Admn.
- M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS)
- Customs, Excise & Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT)
- M/o Labour & Employment
- M/o Water Resources
Stenographer Grade “D‟ (Group “C‟)
Various departments such as M/o Statistics & Prog Implementation, M/o Health and Family Welfare (DGHS), Bureau of Police Research & Development, Canteen, Stores Department (M/o Defence), M/o External Affairs, National Investigation Agency, Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC), D/o Revenue etc
SSC Stenographer Salary: Basic Allowances Provided
House Rent Allowance(HRA)
House rent allowance will depend on the class of city you are living in. HRA shall not be less than Rs. 5400/- pm, Rs. 3600/- pm and Rs.1800/- pm at X, Y & Z class cities respectively.
- @ 24% of Basic pay for X category of cities
- @ 16% of Basic Pay for Y category of cities
- @ 8% of Basic Pay for Z category of cities
HRA shall be revised to 27%, 18% & 9% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when Dearness Allowance (DA) crosses 25% and further to 30%, 20% and 10% of Basic Pay in X, Y & Z cities when DA crosses 50%
Dearness Allowance (DA)
The Dearness Allowance is a cost of living adjustment allowance and is currently 12% Of basic Pay under the 7th Pay Commission.
Transport Allowance (TA)
The rate of transport allowance per month various according to the place you are living in as mentioned below:
- Employees posted in the cities: Rs.3600+DA thereon
- Employees posted at all other places: Rs.1800+DA thereon
SSC Stenographer Job Profile:
The SSC Stenographer job profile consists of the following work on a daily basis:
- Shorthand Writing: Taking dictations and notes in shorthand writing
- Transcription: Transcripting the notes into a readable format by typing it on the computer
- Assist the officer: Assisting the posted officer with phone calls, bookings, fixing appointments
- Maintaining records: Maintainance of diary containing details of meetings, important files and important documents etc
- Speech writing: Noting down details of the press conference/speech given by the minister/officer
SSC Stenographer Career Growth
The career growth in SSC Stenographer looks promising and with immense benefits. After working for 5-6 years of regular service in particular grade pay, one is eligible for promotions on the next level of grade pay. Take a look at the below chart that depicts the growth of an SSC Stenographer from PB 1 to PB 3.
Check out the other details for SSC Stenographer Recruitment: