SSC CHSL Exam Preparation 2022 SSC CHSL has released the exam dates for the SSC CHSL Tier 1 examination. The SSC CHSL Exam is going to conduct the exam from 24th May 2022 to 10th June 2022. As the exam dates are released and the exam is at the doorstep it is important for the candidates to gear up their preparation level. With just a few days left for this competitive exam, we understand that all the aspirants must be looking for last-minute tips to obtain maximum marks. To help all you applicants with this, here are some tips, which will help you score maximum marks in your SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 Exam.
Analyze and Understand the SSC CHSL 2022 Exam pattern
The SSC CHSL 2022 exam will be conducted in three stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. Have a glance at all the stages of the SSC CHSL exam along with the modes in which they will be conducted.
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier 2||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier 3||Skill Test/ Typing Test||Depends on the Post|
Now, let’s specifically discuss the SSC CHSL 2021-22 Tier 1 examination.
You must be aware for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Preparation is strictly objective (MCQ) in nature. The mode of the exam will be online. The Tier 1 question paper will comprise four sections:
- Section 1- General Intelligence
- Section 2 – English Language
- Section 3- Quantitative Aptitude
- Section 4- General Knowledge/ General Awareness
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam will have 100 questions which all the aspirants will have to attempt in 60 minutes. The table below shows each section with its allotted marks:
|Parts||Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||4 sections||100 Questions||200 Marks|
The Tier 1 question paper will be set in both English and Hindi, for every section except English Language section. There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.
Last Month Revision Schedule
As there are just 3 weeks left for the SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam, having a well-defined revision schedule will make it easy for you to prepare and clear the exam. Please note that we are talking about revision here and not completing the exam syllabus. Hopefully, you must have completed that by now.
A proper time schedule will help you approach the exam with a balanced approach. Your revision plan must be designed in such a manner that you get ample time for yourself as well. Keeping time for breaks and relax as is also important for optimum performance.
Prepare for Each Section Differently
As we have discussed earlier, the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam will consist of four sections namely: General Intelligence, English language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
For SSC CHSL Exam Prep: We suggest you treat, prepare and revise each section differently. Some tips for each section are given below:
1. General Intelligence
- Sharpen your logical skills for problems based on solving and thinking ability.
- Don’t get stuck on a single question and remember that each question weighs equal marks.
- Remember that all questions in this section are based on data. So, they must be solved using data, for which you need to think logically.
2. English Language
- Work on your vocabulary by reading newspapers and thesaurus. Make sure you learn at least one new word each day.
- Gain a proper understanding of at least basic grammar, especially for the questions from the ‘English Language and Comprehension section.
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Revise the basics first and then go for in-depth knowledge.
- Solving problem-based questions takes time, so work on time management.
- Learn a few short-cut methods to improve your speed and accuracy.
4. General Awareness
- Make notes and read more newspapers
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs.
Make time for Mock-tests and Previous year’s papers
We cannot emphasize enough how significant it is to have a glance at previous years’ SSC CHSL exam papers and attempt new mock tests. The previous year’s papers will help you analyze the level of difficulty of each section. Furthermore, you will get an idea of how the question for a certain section might be asked in the SSC CHSL 2021-22 Tier 1 exam.
Talking about the mock tests, we recommend those as they will help you test your knowledge and whatever you have prepared till now. Also, the exam pattern and important topics are updated each year, so the latest mock tests will help you identify those as well.
Lastly, attempting previous year’s SSC CHSL papers and mock tests will be great for your time management in exams. You must not spend too much time on a particular section or topic. For example, ideally, you must only spend 30 minutes on each question of the General Awareness Section of the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam.
These are our tips to help you score maximum marks in the SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam. Hopefully, we helped you a little.