SSC CHSL 2021: The Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification regarding SSC CHSL 2020-21 Exam on 6th November 2020. The SSC CHSL 2020-21 Tier-1 exam was successfully conducted from 12th April to 19th April 2021 & 4th August to 12th August 2021. SSC has released the SSC CHSL TIER Result on 27th October 2021. The SSC CHSL TIER II exam is being scheduled for 9th January 2022. In this article, we will be discussing important details about SSC CHSL Selection Criteria, SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, SSC CHSL Age Limit, SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria, SSC CHSL Syllabus, etc.
SSC CHSL Vacancy Details
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2020-2021: The Staff Selection Commission has released the number of vacancies through the latest notification on @ssc.nic.n for SSC CHSL Examination 2021. SSC has released 4726 Vacancies in various departments of the government of India through SSC CHSL Examination 2021. Check the below-given table for vacancy details.
|S.No||Name Of Post||Number Of Vacancies in SSC CHSL 2020|
|1.||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||3181|
|2||LDC / JSA||1538|
SSC CHSL 2021 Notification Details
SSC CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination conducted for the recruitment of posts that require only 12th pass as the minimum educational qualification. Candidates are eligible for the following posts under SSC CHSL Exam 2021:
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC),
- Court Clerk
- Postal Assistant, and
- Sorting Assistant
SSC CHSL 2021 Notification Recruitment Important Dates
SSC CHSL Notification 2021: Take a look at the Recruitment Exam Dates and strategize your preparations accordingly.
|SSC CHSL 2021 Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL Notification Date||6th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Online Form submission Start||6th November 2020|
|Last Date to Submit CHSL Application||15th December 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Dates||12th April to 19th April 2021
August 4 to 12, 2021
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Provisional Answer Key||20th August 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Result||27th October 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Final Answer Key||05th November to 04th December 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Marks||05th November 2021 to 25th November 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card 2021||December 2021|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2021 (Tier-2)||9th January 2022|
The exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2021 exam has been provided by the SSC. Know the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam date, Tier 2 exam date, and skill test date:
SSC CHSL Notification 2021: Online Application Process
With the SSC CHSL Notification 2021 out, the link to apply online is activated where aspirants can fill the required details to apply for this exam. In order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2020-2021 exam, one must go through the following steps to apply online for SSC CHSL:
- Register yourself on the official SSC website for SSC CHSL where one will be provided with the registration number and password that should be saved for future purposes.
- Log in with your registration number & password.
- Click on apply online under SSC CHSL 2020 online application.
- Fill the details, make the payment (if required) and submit.
SSC CHSL Salary Structure
To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL 2021, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission.
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Educational Qualification 2021
The minimum educational qualifications essential to be possessed by the aspirants to be eligible for SSC CHSL are:
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL Age Limit 2021
One of the major eligibility criteria for SSC aspirants is the age limit. Candidates must be between 18-27 years for SSC CHSL 2021. Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
SSC CHSL Application Fee 2021
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Candidates need to pass through 3 Tiers in order to be eligible to get appointed in the SSC CHSL exam. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Typing Test||Wherever Applicable|
Candidates must get themselves acquainted completely with the selection process to avoid any confusion in the future.
SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL Admit Card will be released by the commission before 10-15 days of the exam. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center without which candidates will be barred from taking the SSC CHSL examination. One must also carry a passport size photograph along with original id proof to the center.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 1 2021
SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 exam contains 100 questions to be attempted in 60 minutes that will add up to a total of 200 marks. The subjects along with the distribution of questions have been shown in the table given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Pattern For Tier 2
- The SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 3 (Skill Test/Typing Test) 2021
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focussing on the SSC CHSL Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021
The SSC CHSL Online-based exam includes 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English Language, and General Awareness. Knowing the syllabus thoroughly is the foremost thing to be done by the aspirants without any further ado. Here is the list of subject-wise topics that must be read and prepared properly.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
Important Points For SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in the Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade ‘A’, and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in the Tier-II Examination. Tier-III Examination is qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all qualified candidates.
- Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test.
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.
SSC CHSL Previous Years Cut Off
SSC CHSL exam will come with its own set of challenges in the difficulty level of the exam. As there has been adrift in the type of questions asked, one must be well aware of the SSC CHSL cut off for previous years. In SSC CHSL 2018, a total of 45101 candidates were qualified in Tier 1 to appear for the Tier 2 exam. Check the cut off given below:
|Post-Wise Cut Off Marks For SSC CHSL Tier I 2018|
SSC CHSL Cut Off Comparison with Previous Years
The last 4 years’ cut-off has been provided in the table given below. Take a look at the SSC CHSL cut-offs:
SSC CHSL Previous Years Exam Analysis
Previous years’ questions are important for preparing for the SSC CHSL exam in the future.
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis English Language
In SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam 2018-19, the English language section was of Easy Level.
- Synonym – Hind, Innuendo
- Antonym- Succinct
- last years repeated vocabs
- Close test easy
- Idioms & Phrases- Throw in the towel
- Idioms & Phrases- To wash linen in public
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: Quantitative Aptitude
In SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam 2018-19, Quantitative Aptitude was of Easy-Moderate Level.
- If a triangle of sides 25cm, 24cm & 7cm and G is the centroid of BG. Then find the circumradius?
- ABC triangle, D & E are points given with DE:BC = 3:5 & DE is parallel to BC. Find Area of ADE: area of BCDE [ans is 9:16]
- a3+ b3+ c3 = 125, a2+ b2+ c2 = 27, a+ b+ c = 5. Then find 4abc?
- Sin^2A – Cos^2A – 3 Cos A+ 2
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: General Intelligence & Reasoning
The reasoning section is always easier as compared to the other sections. Candidates can attempt 19-20 questions easily. Check out some questions:
- Venn Diagram- Mission, Labour, Raw material
- Spoke: wheel:: word: sentence
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: General Awareness
The level of the GA section has been moderate. Some questions asked in the SSC CHSL General Awareness section in previous years are given below:
- Who is the MSME minister?
- Who was Pan Singh Tomar?
- Bhupendra Hazarika Dam connects Assam to which state?
- China shares the longest border with which the state of India?
- Who was the Founder of the Sayyid dynasty?
- Which state separates Bhutan & Nepal?
- Who was the director of “Narender Modi”?
- Who was the captain of the 2018 women’s hockey team?
- Who was the writer of “Kamayani”?
SC CHSL Answer Key
SSC CHSL answer key will be released by the SSC soon after the written exam and candidates can calculate their score by the SSC CHSL Answer key and raise objections.
SSC CHSL Result
The SSC CHSL Result will be declared soon after the answer key has been uploaded. Candidates must visit this page regularly to know about the result date of the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents. The document verification is the last stage of the SSC CHSL recruitment process after which you will be given the appointed letter.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates
SSC has also released the SSC CHSL exam dates for the 2021 Tier-1 exam which will be conducted from 12th April to 27th April 2021. Aspirants are requested to keep visiting here for the latest updates regarding the SSC CHSL exam.
For Last year i.e. SSC CHSL 2019 – Staff Selection Commission conducted the Tier 1 exam of CHSL 2019-20 on 17, 18, and 19 March 2020 and was postponed for the later dates due to COVID-19 Coronavirus. The tier 1 exam for the remaining candidates was conducted from 12th to 26th October 2020.
The exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2019 exam has been provided by the SSC. Know the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam date, Tier 2 exam date, and skill test date:
|Dates for submission of online applications:||3rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020|
|Last date for receipt of application:||10th January 2020|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||12th January 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan:||14th Jan 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||16th Jan 2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):||Held on 17th-19th March 2020, Further shifts postponed|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)[Revised Dates]||
12.10.2020 to 16.10.2020,
19.10.2020 to 21.10.2020 and
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||14th February 2021|
|Skill Test||3rd November 2021|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Shift Timing 2021
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Shift Timings 2021|
|Shifts||Reporting Time||Exam Start Timing|
|1st Shift||9.15 AM||10 AM – 11 AM|
|2nd Shift||12.15 PM||1 PM – 2 PM|
|3rd Shift||3.15 PM||4 PM – 5 PM|
SSC CHSL FAQs
⭐ When can I apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
Candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2020, the last date to apply is 26th December 2020.
⭐ When will the SSC CHSL exam be conducted?
As per the latest SSC notice, the SSC CHSL Exam dates for TIER II will be 9th January 2021.
⭐ What does the SSC CHSL application status mean?
SSC CHSL Application status shows you the status of your application if it’s accepted or rejected along with the exam date, shift timings, and city.
⭐ What is the starting salary in SSC CHSL?
The SSC CHSL starting salary varies according to the post and ranges from 20-25k.
⭐ Is the SSC CHSL exam tough to clear?
Candidates must prepare thoroughly and work hard to excel in SSC CHSL.
⭐ How many vacancies released in the SSC CHSL Notification?
The SSC CHSL vacancies are 4893.
⭐ Is normalization there in SSC CHSL?
Yes, marks will be normalized in the Tier 1 exam.
⭐ What is the last date to apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
The last date to get registered for SSC CHSL is 26th December 2020.
⭐ Can a graduate apply for SSC CHSL 2021?
Yes, graduates can apply for SSC CHSL as minimum educational qualifications are 12th Pass.
⭐ When can I download the SSC CHSL Admit card?
The admit card for the SSC CHSL exam can be downloaded 7-10 days before the exam date on the official site.