SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: The Staff Selection Commission has released the recruitment notification for the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) on 1st February 2022. SSC CHSL conducts the recruitment for the post of Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator.
SSC CHSL 2022
The selection process for Assistants / Clerks will be done through the computer-based test, descriptive paper, skill test, or typing test. The interested candidates must go through the detailed notification provided below. SSC is one of the biggest government organizations which conducts recruitment exams for thousands of vacancies across the country. In this article, we will be discussing important details about SSC CHSL Selection Criteria, SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, SSC CHSL Age Limit, SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria, SSC CHSL Syllabus, etc.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Overview
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CHSL Notification 2022 PDF on their official website i.e.ssc.nic.in. The commission will release a huge number of vacancies through this for various posts. This is a great opportunity for the young aspirants who desire to serve under Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. We have summarized all the important details in the below table.
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) 2022|
|Post||LDC, DEO. Court Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant|
|Vacancies||Yet to be released|
|Notification Released||1st February 2022 (OUT)|
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification PDF
Staff Selection Commission will release the official notification for the recruitment process of SSC CHSL (10+2) on ssc.nic.in on tentatively 1st February 2022. Candidates applying for SSC CHSL Recruitment will be eligible for the following posts under SSC CHSL Exam 2021:
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC),
- Court Clerk
- Postal Assistant, and
- Sorting Assistant
The commission has released the notification PDF. We have provided the direct link for the ease of candidates to download the Notification PDF and to go through the details mentioned in it.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Important Dates
SSC has released the notification on 1st February 2022 along with all the important dates regarding the SSC CHSL Exam 2022. Candidates preparing must know every detail about SSC CHSL notification 2022 like release date, online application process start date, last date to apply, examination dates, etc which we have provided in the table given below.
|SSC CHSL 2022 Notification : Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL 2022 Notification||01st February 2022|
|SSC CHSL Registration Process||01st February 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC CHSL 2022||07th March 2022|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||May 2022|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-1)||24th May 2022 to 10th June 2022|
|SSC CHSL Provisional Answer Key||—|
|SSC CHSL Result for Tier-1||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Final Answer Key||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Marks||—|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card 2022||—|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-2)||—|
Here the below details are tabulated of SSC CHSL 2021 as the recruitment process is yet to be completed. SSC CHSL Tier-II exam was conducted on 9th January 2022.
|SSC CHSL 2021 Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL Notification Date||6th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Online Form submission Start||6th November 2020|
|Last Date to Submit CHSL Application||15th December 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Dates||12th April to 19th April 2021
August 4 to 12, 2021
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Provisional Answer Key||20th August 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Result||27th October 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Final Answer Key||05th November to 04th December 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Marks||05th November 2021 to 25th November 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card 2021||December 2021|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date 2021 (Tier-2)||9th January 2022|
|SSC CHSL Result Date 2021 (Tier-2)||Notified Soon|
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Apply Link
As the SSC CHSL notification is out, the commission also activated the online application portal. The online application process was from 1st February to 7th March 2022. Candidates must bookmark this page to get regular updates regarding SSC CHSL Notification 2022. The commission will schedule the SSC CHSL exam in May 2022.
SSC CHSL Apply Online 2022 (Link Active)
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Vacancy Details
Commission has not released the exact number of vacancies for 2022. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. SSC will soon release the notification to disclose the SSC CHSL Vacancy 2022. SSC has released 4893 Vacancies in various departments of the government of India through SSC CHSL Examination 2019-20. Check the below-given table for vacancy details.
SSC CHSL Vacancy (2019-20)
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must satisfy and fulfill the detailed eligibility criteria released by the commission in the notification PDF. Age and educational qualification are important aspects for satisfying the eligibility. We are discussing all the important eligibilities fulfilled by the candidates to register for SSC CHSL 2022.
SSC CHSL 2022: Age Limit
The age limit mentioned in the official notification is as follows:
- The candidate’s minimum age should be 18 years.
- The candidate’s maximum age should be 27 years.
- Candidates born not before 01-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004.
- The relaxation upper age is according to the mentioned notification.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Educational Qualification
The educational qualification varies according to the post candidate applying for. The educational qualification according to the vacancy applied is as follows:
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Citizenship
The candidates need to fulfill the following to fit in the SSC CHSL Application Criteria:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, intending to permanently settle in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
SSC CHSL 2022: Application Fees
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Salary
To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL 2021, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission. The candidates know the salary will be according to the post.
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Selection Process
Candidates need to pass through 3 Tiers to be eligible to get appointed in the SSC CHSL exam. The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers) in which the first is online and the next two are offline exams. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below: Candidates must go through the details to avoid confusion related to the selection process.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Typing Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Exam Pattern
SSC will examine three tiers. The candidates qualifying the Tier I will be eligible for Tier II and qualifying Tier II will be eligible for Tier III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022: Tier I Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam contains 100 questions to be attempted in 60 minutes that will add up to a total of 200 marks. The subjects along with the distribution of questions have been shown in the table given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Tier II Exam Pattern
- The SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Tier III (Skill Test/Typing Test) Exam Pattern
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focussing on the SSC CHSL Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022: Syllabus
The SSC CHSL Online-based exam includes 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English Language, and General Awareness. Knowing the syllabus thoroughly is the foremost thing to be done by the aspirants without any further ado. Here is the list of subject-wise topics that must be read and prepared properly.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
Important Points For SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination based on their performance in the Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade ‘A’, and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination based on their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in the Tier-II Examination. Tier-III Examination is qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all qualified candidates.
- Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test.
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made based on the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission based on their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.
SSC CHSL Previous Years Cut Off
SSC CHSL exam will come with its own set of challenges in the difficulty level of the exam. As there has been adrift in the type of questions asked, one must be well aware of the SSC CHSL cut-off for previous years. In SSC CHSL 2018, a total of 45101 candidates were qualified in Tier 1 to appear for the Tier 2 exam. Check the cut off given below:
|Post-Wise Cut Off Marks For SSC CHSL Tier I 2018|
SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL Admit Card will be released by the commission before 10-15 days of the exam. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center without which candidates will be barred from taking the SSC CHSL examination. One must also carry a passport size photograph along with original id proof to the center.
SSC CHSL Answer Key
SSC CHSL answer key will be released by the SSC soon after the written exam and candidates can calculate their score by the SSC CHSL Answer key and raise objections.
SSC CHSL Result
The SSC CHSL Result will be declared soon after the answer key has been uploaded. Candidates must visit this page regularly to know about the result date of the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents. The document verification is the last stage of the SSC CHSL recruitment process after which you will be given the appointed letter.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022: FAQ
Q. When will SSC CHSL notification 2022 be released?
Ans: SSC CHSL Notification 2022 PDF has been released on 1st February 2022.
Q. When will start applying the online process for SSC CHSL 2022 Recruitment?
Ans: Candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2022 from 1st February 2022.
Q. When will the SSC CHSL 2022 exam be conducted?
Ans: SSC CHSL Tier I will be conducted from 24th May 2022 to 10th June 2022.
Q. Is SSC CHSL 2022 notification out?
Ans: Yes, SSC CHSL 2022 notification PDF is out.
Q. How many vacancies are released for SSC CHSL 2022?
Ans: The commission will soon release the vacancy for SSC CHSL 2022.