| Updated On March 20th, 2020 at 03:13 pm
SSC CHSL 2020: The detailed notification for SSC CHSL 2019-20 exam containing all the details regarding the procedure to apply, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc was uploaded on the official website on 3rd December 2019. The Application process was concluded on 10th January 2020.
SSC CHSL Exam Postponed
SSC has postponed the ongoing Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination (Tier-I), 2O19 with effect from 20.03.2020 due to Coronavirus.
What is SSC CHSL 2020 Exam?
SSC CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination conducted for the recruitment of posts that require only 12th pass as the minimum educational qualification. Candidates are eligible for the following posts under SSC CHSL:
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC),
- Court Clerk
- Postal Assistant, and
- Sorting Assistant.
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019-20 Dates: Check Extended Dates
The exam schedule for the SSC CHSL exam has been provided by the SSC. Take a look at the tentative exam dates and strategize your preparations accordingly. Know the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam date, Tier 2 exam date, and skill test date:
|Dates for submission of online applications:||3rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020|
|Last date for receipt of application:||10th January 2020|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||12th January 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan:||14th Jan 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||16th Jan 2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):||Held on 17th-19th March 2020, Further shifts postponed|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||28.06.2020 (DES)**|
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
SSC CHSL Admit Card has been released by the commission as the exam was commenced from 17th to 19th March 2020 and further shifts has been postponed by SSC due to coronavirus. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center without which candidates will be barred from taking the SSC CHSL examination. One must also carry a passport size photograph along with original id proof to the center.
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2019-20
SSC has released vacancy for SSC CHSL 2019-20, let’s have a look. The vacancies are released by the commission later in the recruitment process.
|SSC CHSL 2017 Final Vacancy (16th Dec 2019)||SSC CHSL 2018-19 Vacancy (16th May 2019)||
SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy (7th Jan 2020)
SSC CHSL Notification 2019: Online Application
After the notification for SSC CHSL is released, the link to apply online will be activated where aspirants can fill the required details to apply for this exam. In order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL exam, one must go through the following steps to apply online for SSC CHSL:
- Register yourself on the official SSC website where one will be provided with the registration number and password that should be saved for future purposes.
- Log in with your registration number & password.
- Click on apply online under SSC CHSL 2020 online application.
- Fill the details, make the payment (if required) and submit.
SSC CHSL Salary Structure
To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission.
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Educational Qualification 2020
The minimum educational qualifications essential to be possessed by the aspirants to be eligible for SSC CHSL 2019 are:
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL Age Limit 2020
One of the major eligibility criteria for SSC aspirants is the age limit. Candidates must be between 18-27 years for SSC CHSL.
SSC CHSL Application Fee 2020
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2019-20
Candidates need to pass through 3 Tiers in order to be eligible to get appointed in the SSC CHSL exam. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Typing Test||Wherever Applicable|
Candidates must get themselves acquainted completely with the selection process to avoid any confusion in the future.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 1 2020
The Tier 1 exam which is a first step towards getting the selection will be held from 16th-27th March 2020 where the aspirants will face a set of 100 questions to be attempted in 60 minutes that will add up to a total of 200 marks. The subjects along with the distribution of questions have been shown in the table given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 2 2020
- The SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 3 (Skill Test/Typing Test) 2020
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focussing on the SSC CHSL Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020
The SSC CHSL Online based exam includes 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English Language and General Awareness. Knowing the syllabus thoroughly is the foremost thing to be done by the aspirants without any further ado. Here is the list of subject-wise topics that must be read and prepared properly.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
Important Points For SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in the Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade ‘A’ and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in the Tier-II Examination. Tier-III Examination is qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all the qualified candidates.
- Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test.
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.
SSC CHSL 2020: Previous Years’ Cut Off
SSC CHSL 2019 exam will come with its own set of challenges in the difficulty level of the exam. As there has been adrift in the type of questions asked, one must be well aware of the SSC CHSL cut off for previous years. In SSC CHSL 2018, a total of 45101 candidates were qualified in Tier 1 to appear for the Tier 2 exam. Check the cut off given below:
|Post-Wise Cut Off Marks For SSC CHSL Tier I 2018|
SSC CHSL Cut Off Comparison with Previous Years
The last 4 years cut off has been provided in the table given below. Take a look at the SSC CHSL cut-offs:
SSC CHSL 2019: Previous Years’ Exam Analysis
Previous years’ questions are important for preparing for the SSC CHSL exam in the future.
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: English Language
In SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam 2018-19, the English language section was of Easy Level.
- Synonym – Hind, Innuendo
- Antonym- Succinct
- last years repeated vocabs
- Close test easy
- Idioms & Phrases- Throw in the towel
- Idioms & Phrases- To wash linen in public
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: Quantitative Aptitude
In SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam 2018-19, Quantitative Aptitude was of Easy-Moderate Level.
- If a triangle of sides 25cm, 24cm & 7cm and G is the centroid of BG. Then find the circumradius?
- ABC triangle, D & E are points given with DE:BC = 3:5 & DE is parallel to BC. Find Area of ADE : area of BCDE [ans is 9:16]
- a3+ b3+ c3 = 125, a2+ b2+ c2 = 27, a+ b+ c = 5. Then find 4abc?
- Sin^2A – Cos^2A – 3 Cos A+ 2
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: General Intelligence & Reasoning
The reasoning section is always easier as compared to the other sections. Candidates can attempt 19-20 questions easily. Check out some questions:
- Venn Diagram- Mission, Labour, Raw material
- Spoke: wheel:: word: sentence
SSC CHSL Exam Analysis: General Awareness
The level of the GA section has been moderate. Some questions asked in SSC CHSL General Awareness section in previous years are given below:
- Who is MSME minister?
- Who was Pan Singh Tomar?
- Bhupendra Hazarika Dam connects Assam to which state?
- China shares the longest border with which the state of India?
- Who was the Founder of the Sayyid dynasty?
- Which state separate Bhutan & Nepal?
- Who was the director of “Narender Modi”?
- Who was the captain of the 2018 women hockey team?
- Who was the writer of “Kamayani”?
SC CHSL Answer Key
SSC CHSL answer key will be released by the SSC soon after the written exam and candidates can calculate their score by the SSC CHSL Answer key and raise objections.
SSC CHSL Result 2019 -20
The SSC CHSL Result will be declared soon after the answer key has been uploaded. Candidates must visit this page regularly to know about the result date of SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL Document Verification 2019-20
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents. The document verification is the last stage of the SSC CHSL recruitment process after which you will be given the appointed letter.
SSC CHSL 2019-20 FAQs
⭐ When can I apply for SSC CHSL 2019?
Candidates can apply for SSC CHSL 2019 from 3rd December 2019.
⭐ When will the SSC CHSL exam be conducted?
The SSC CHSL 2019 exam will be held on 16th-27th March 2020.
⭐ What does the SSC CHSL application status mean?
SSC CHSL Application status shows you the status of your application if it’s accepted or rejected along with the exam date, shift timings, and city.
⭐ What is the starting salary in SSC CHSL?
The SSC CHSL starting salary varies according to the post and range from 20-25k.
⭐ Is the SSC CHSL exam tough to clear?
Candidates must prepare thoroughly and work hard to excel in SSC CHSL 2019.
⭐ How many vacancies will be released in SSC CHSL 2019?
The SSC CHSL 2019 vacancies will be intimated in due course.
⭐ Is normalization there in SSC CHSL?
Yes, marks will be normalized in the Tier 1 exam.
⭐ What is the last date to apply for SSC CHSL 2019?
The last date to get registered for SSC CHSL 2019 is 10th January 2020.
⭐ Can a graduate apply for SSC CHSL 2019?
Yes, graduates can apply for SSC CHSL as minimum educational qualifications are 12th Pass.
⭐ When can I download the SSC CHSL Admit card 2019-20?
The admit card for the SSC CHSL exam can be downloaded 7-10 days before the exam date on the official site.