Table of Contents
India Post GDS Salary 2023
India Post GDS Salary 2023: The Department of Posts (DoP) that works under the Ministry of communications every year recruits candidates under Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS). Candidates are recruited for several posts under India Post GDS Recruitment 2023. It is a huge competition for GDS Recruitment as this job is a central government job with several benefits. All the candidates who applied for the recruitment can check the Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Structure, Job Profile, Benefits, etc.
Gramin Dak Sevak Posts 2023
Check out the posts under Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment
|List Of Posts
|BPM- Branch Post Manager-BPM
India Post GDS Salary 2023, Branch Post Manager
The Gramin Dak Sevak Salary of the Branch Post Manager (BPM ) is provided below:
- The min. TRCA for 4 hours/level 1 in the TRCA slab increased to Rs. 12000/- per month and maximum to Rs.29, 380/-.
- The min. TRCA for 5 hours/level 2 in TRCA slab is Rs. 14500/- per month and max to Rs. 35,480/-.
|3 Hours 30 Mins
Job Profile of Branch Post Manager
The job profile of the branch post manager that is BPM is listed below:
- Branch Post Manager (BPM) is responsible for all the Gram Panchayat postal works.
- BPM administrates the tasks to be performed under his/her branch.
- The Branch Post Manager is responsible for promoting all the Govt Schemes and trying to open more accounts in the branch.
- The BPM is also responsible to take care of money orders, book posts, speed posts, etc.,
- BPM assigns the task of distribution to the concerned person.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Of ABPM & Dak Sevak
- The min TRCA for 4 hours/level 1 in the TRCA slab increased to Rs. 10000/- per month and max. to Rs.24, 470/-.
- The min TRCA for 5 hours/level 2 in the TRCA slab is Rs. 12000/ month and max to Rs. 29,480/-.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Of Mail Deliverer
The Gramin Dak Sevak Salary of Mail Deliverer or MD/SV is listed below:
|3 Hours 45 Mins
Job Profile of Mail Deliverer
The job profile of Mail Deliverer is listed below:
- The main role of the Mail Deliverer is to distribute the mail to the end-user or public.
- Mail Deliverer receives the mail to be delivered from the BPM and distributes them accordingly.
- Mail Deliverer is responsible to create awareness regarding Govt schemes and encourage the public to participate in govt schemes.
- The BPM will set the target for MDs to reach the public and enroll themselves under govt schemes.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary Of Mail Collector/Packer
The Gramin Dak Sevak salary of the Mail Collector and Packer is given below:
|3 Hours 45 Mins
Job Profile Mail Collector
- The main role of the Mail Collector is to carry the mailbags from the account post to the branch post office and the mailbag from the branch post office to the accounting office.
- In some cases, a Mail collector also acts as a Mail Deliver.
- MC acts as an MD to sell govt schemes to the public.
Job Profile of Packer
- The packer is responsible to assist the mail collector and mail deliverer.
- The main role of the packer is to pack the mail bags and open the mail bags and distribute them to the MD & MC.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary After 7th Pay Commission
There are several benefits after the 7th pay commission has been introduced and those benefits are listed below:
- Employers who are working under Gramin Dak Sevak can avail of children’s education allowance of up to Rs 6000/ year.
- The employers can avail of stationery charges of Rs.25/ month.
- One-time transfer for male employers & 2-time transfer for female employers is allowed.
- BPM can avail of Rs.500 for standard office rent and Rs.200 for non-standard office rent.
- Employers can also take voluntary retirement benefits after a minimum service of 10 years.
India Post GDS Salary- Perks & Allowances
The following perks and allowances are offered along with the India Post GDS Salary.
|Nature of Allowance
|Revised allowances under the 7th pay commission
|Combined Duty Allowance (CDA) for Branch Postmasters.
|1. GDS Branch Postmasters performing delivery or conveyance duties or both will be paid ₹ 500 P.M. for each item of work separately
2. If the Branch Postmaster is performing delivery at the BO village only, it will be restricted to ₹ 250 P.M.
3. BPM exchanging Mail at the Bus stand or at Railway Stations will be compensated at the rate of ₹ 250 P.M.
|Office Maintenance Allowance (OMA)
|₹ 100 per month for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster
|Fixed Stationery Charge
|₹ 25 p.m. for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster and ₹ 10 for other categories of GDS like GDS Mail Deliverer/ Stamp vendor and Mail Carrier doing delivery work
|Actual charges paid to the Boatman subject to a maximum of ₹ 50 per month for the Conveyance of Mail
|Cash Conveyance Allowance
|₹ 50 per month
|Cycle Maintenance Allowance (C.M.A)
|₹ 60 per month for GDS Mail Deliverer/Mail Carrier who use their own cycle for discharge of Duty. The present Minimum Distance Condition of 10 kilometers for grant of Cycle maintenance allowance stands withdrawn
India Post GDS Salary 2023: FAQ
Q. What is the selection process of GDS?
Ans: The candidates will be selected on a merit basis and they should have knowledge of the local language.
Q. What is the salary of the Branch Master?
Ans: The candidates appointed as Branch Master will get a salary of Rs.12,000/-.
|Check Related Links:
|India Post GDS Recruitment 2023
|India Post GDS Syllabus 2023
|India Post GDS Salary 2023
|GDS Result 2023