Which Post has the Highest Salary in SSC CGL?
SSC CGL is one of the most reputed and high-paying government jobs in India. Conducted by the Staff Selection Commission or the SSC, the SSC CGL Exam is conducted every year to recruit candidates for various Group B and C services in various ministries. The various posts offered through the SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 are ASO, AAO, Inspector, Sub-Inspector, Accountant, JSO, etc. Among all these posts, we have shared which post has the highest salary in SSC CGL below in the article.
Post with Highest Salary in SSC CGL
The post which has the highest salary in SSC CGL is AAO or the Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG. AAO is a gazetted Group B post. AAO is the highest paying job that a candidate can choose after clearing the SSC CGL Examination. The highest salary which a candidate can withdraw after getting selected as an AAO through SSC CGL is INR 62,000 to 72,000 in-hand per month. The various components of the AAO salary has been shared in the table below.
AAO Salary Particulars
|Post||Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer|
|Department||Indian Audit & Accounts Department/ Comptroller and Auditor General Department of India|
|Grade||Group B Gazetted (Non-ministerial)|
|Pay Level||Level 8 of the 7th Pay Commission|
|Pay Scale||INR 47,600 to INR 1,51,100|
|Basic Salary||INR 47,600|
|Maximum Salary||INR 1,51,100|
|Gross Pay||INR 69,00 to INR 79,000|
|In-hand salary (after allowances & deductions)||INR 62,000 to 72,000 (Approx)|
Post with Highest Salary in SSC CGL: Perks & Allowances
Along with the handsome salary, the selected candidates also receive some additional perks and benefits. The allowances and benefits offered along with the highest paying salary in SSC CGL are as follows:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Travel Allowance (TA)
- Leave Travel Concession (LTA)
- Medical Allowance
- Educational Benefit for children
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Provident Fund (PF)
Which Post has the Highest Salary in SSC CGL? in hindi
Post with Highest Salary in SSC CGL: Career Growth & Job Profile
The primary functions of an AAO officer is as follows:
- They work under the Senior AAO Officers and are responsible to assist their senior officers in performing the audit reports of various government departments.
- Conducting financial performance analysis of various departments of the government and report to their senior management in case of any irregularities or mistakes.
Based on the performance of the candidates there are regular promotions and salary hikes given to the AAO officers. The hierarchy of promotion for an AAO officer has been shared below.
- Assistant Audit Officer: Assistant Audit Officer→ Audit Officer→ Sr. Audit Officer→ Deputy Accountant General→Sr. Deputy Accountant General
- Assistant Accounts Officer: Assistant Account Officer→ Accounts Officer→ Senior Accounts Officer→ Chief Accounts Officer
We hope this article on Which post has the highest salary in SSC CGL would be helpful and informative for the candidates.