RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020-2021: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will tentatively conduct the recruitment exam from 15th of December 2020 for various posts of Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) like Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Goods Guard, etc in various Zonal Railways. Railway Recruitment Board has released RRB NTPC application status 2020 for 35,208 Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) graduate and undergraduate posts in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways. RRB mailed the details regarding the USER ID and PASSWORD, date of exam, and exam center to the particular candidates who are going to appear in the first phase of the examination.
In order to qualify the RRB NTPC 2020 Exam, complete knowledge of the RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern. The Recruitment Notification has been released for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Posts by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). Let’s have a look at the detailed RRB NTPC 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
- Railway Recruitment Board has released RRB NTPC application status 2020 for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) graduate and undergraduate posts in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways.
- Railway Chairman [VK Yadav] has declared RRB NTPC Exam dates in his latest interaction with media. According to him, Railway will tentatively conduct RRB NTPC Exam from 15th of December 2020.
|RRB NTPC Notification|
|RRB NTPC Exam Pattern|
|RRB NTPC Cut Off|
|RRB NTPC Admit Card|
|RRB NTPC Salary|
|RRB NTPC Study Plan|
RRB NTPC Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Railway NTPC Syllabus 2021 For Stage 1
RRB NTPC Syllabus Subject wise: The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and will include questions about the three topics namely General Awareness, Mathematics and General Intelligence and Reasoning.
RRB NTPC EXAM Subjects (100 Marks)
Syllabus of RRB NTPC Topics
RRB NTPC Mathematics Syllabus (30 Marks)
RRB NTPC General Awareness Syllabus
RRB NTPC General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus (30 Marks)
RRB NTPC CBT 1 Exam Pattern
As per the Syllabus of RRB NTPC, the stage 1 exam contains 100 questions to be attempted in 90 minutes. The subject wise exam pattern is given below:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
|Total no of questions – 100||Time – 90 Minutes|
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Syllabus
The topics included in stage 2 will be the same as that of stage 1 but with a different marking scheme. The RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020 following topics are coming in Stage 2:
|RRB NTPC Subjects (120 Marks)||RRB NTPC Exam syllabus
Subject wise Topics
|RRB NTPC General Awareness Syllabus (50 Marks)||
|RRB NTPC Maths syllabus:
Mathematics (35 Marks)
|RRB NTPC General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus (35 Marks)||
RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus History
|RRB NTPC History Topics||Chapters of History|
|The Vedic Civilization & Culture|
|The emergence of Mahajanapadas & Magadh|
|The Mauryan Empire|
|The Sangam Age|
|The Gupta Empire|
|Post Gupta Period / Vardhana Dynasty|
|India After Harsha|
|The Vijayanagar Empire|
|Sufi and Bhakti Movement|
|The Mughal Empire|
|Maratha State & Maratha Confederacy|
|Advent Of Europeans|
|Expansion Of British Power|
|Economic Impact Of British Rule|
|Socio-Religious Movements in 19th -20th Century|
|Revolt of 1857|
|Moderate, Extremist Phase Of Congress|
|The Indian National Movements|
|The Gandhian Era|
|First Phase Of Independence|
RRB NTPC Indian Polity Syllabus
Below are the main topics for preparation for Polity Syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam 2020
- Evolution of Indian Constitution,
- Constituent Assembly and Making of the Constitution,
- Different Sources of the Indian Constitution,
- Important Articles of the Constitution
- Important Amendments of the Constitution
- Some Special features of the Indian Constitution.
- Federal and Unitary features of the Indian Union
- The preamble
- Lapse of Paramountcy
- Integration and Merger of Indian States
- The Union and its Territories
- Reorganization of States
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Fundamental Duties
- The procedure of Amending the Constitution
- Executive of the Union
- The Parliament of India
- Executive of the States
- Special Position of J & K
- The Supreme Court
- The High Court
- Inter-State Council
- Finance Commission
- Planning Commission
- National Development Council
- National Integration Council
- Inter-State Relations
- Emergency Provisions
- Public Service Commissions
- Delimitation Commission of India
- The Official Languages
- National Symbols
RRB NTPC Geography Syllabus 2021
- The Solar System
- Continents and Oceans
- Biosphere, Lithosphere, Hydrosphere
- Latitudes and Longitudes
- Different heat zones of the earth
- Longitudes and time zones
- International Date Line
- The motion of the earth – Effect of the tilted axis on day and night
- The Atmosphere (composition and layer of the Atmosphere)
- Weather and Climate
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Internal Structure of the earth
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Various Landforms (Mountains, Plateaus, Plains, Grasslands, Landforms created by the river system, Landforms created by a glacier, Landforms created by the action of wind, Landforms created by the actions of Groundwater)
- The Indian Subcontinent, Position, extent and physical features,
- Climatic diversity in the Indian Sub-continent
- Soil resources of the Indian sub-continent Agriculture in India, Land use pattern of India
- Water resources and their utilization in India
- Multipurpose river valley projects
- Transport in India
- India-Facts and figures (States and their capitals, Population of India and states, Wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in India Important Irrigation and power projects, Indian satellites).
- General introduction to Asia.
- Geography of the Indian subcontinent Countries with their capitals and currency
- Riverside cities
- Wonders of the world
- Countries and their main produce and industries
- Towns associated with important industries.
- Famous sites (India), Famous Sites (World),
- Changed names
- Continent earth area
- Continents highest and lowest points
- Three deepest oceans
- Highest mountain peaks (world)
- Important boundary lines
- Tribes and their homelands
RRB NTPC Economics Syllabus 2021
- Highlights of Indian Economy
- Economy and Economics
- Characteristics of the Indian Economy
- Agriculture & Land Development
- National Income
- Trade & Commerce
- New Economic Policy
- Indian Financial System
- Indian Fiscal System
- Banking in India
- Tax System
- Foreign Trade
RRB NTPC Exam Science Syllabus
Basic Elementary Science one of the most important subject for RRB NTPC Syllabus 2020: The Following Topics comes under Science Syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam
Physics topics for RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus
- Work Energy and Power
- Surface Tension
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Sound Wave
- Static Electricity
- Current Electricity
- Atomic & Nuclear Physics
- Scientific Instruments
- Important Discoveries Relating to Physics
- Various Units of Measurement-Weight
- Conversion of Units from one System to another System
Chemistry topics in RRB Exam
- Substance & its nature
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chemical Bonding
- Oxidation & Reduction
- Acids, Bases & Salts
- Behavior of Cases
- Carbon & its Compounds
- Important Facts About Some Metals
- Common Facts
Biology Topics in RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus 2020
- Classification of Organism
- Organic Evolution Botany: Classification of Plant Kingdom, Plant Morphology, Plant Tissue, Photo-synthesis, Plant Hormones, Plant Diseases, Ecology Pollution.
- Zoology: Classification of Animal Kingdom, Animal Tissue
- Human Blood
- The system of the Human Body
- Human Diseases
RRB NTPC Selection Procedure
The RRB NTPC selection procedure is as follows:
First Stage of CBT (Prelims)
Second Stage of CBT (Mains)
Typing Test (Skill Test)
Note: The typing test is only applicable to the candidates who have applied for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist and Junior Time Keeper.
RRB NTPC Syllabus FAQs
Q. What are the subjects under RRB NTPC Syllabus?
Ans. The subjects covered under RRB NTPC includes the following:
– General Intelligence and Reasoning
Q. Where can I get RRB NTPC Complete syllabus for CBT 1 and CBT 2?
Ans. You can get the detailed syllabus for RRB NTPC on the website- sscadda.com.
Q. Is there negative marking in RRB NTPC?
Ans. 1/3 marks are deducted as negative marking.
Q. What is RRB NTPC syllabus?
Ans. RRB NTPC syllabus comprises of all the topics from which questions are likely to be asked in the exam.
Q. What are the important topics in Maths section of RRB NTPC?
Ans. Some of the important topics for RRB NTPC Maths syllabus include Number System, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Mensuration, Time & Work, and Time & Distance.
Q. What are the important topics in General Intelligence and Reasoning section of RRB NTPC?
Ans. Some of the important topics for RRB NTPC General Intelligence and Reasoning syllabus consists of Mathematical Operations, Relationships, Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Analytical Reasoning and Syllogism.
Q. What are the important topics in the General Awareness section of RRB NTPC?
Ans. Some of the important topics for RRB NTPC General Awareness syllabus consists of history, geography, polity, current affairs and science.