Railway Commercial Apprentice Salary
Railway jobs are aspired by lakhs of candidates throughout the country as it offers good pay scale and perks. One such job that doesn’t get enough attention by the aspirants is Commercial apprentice in railways. You can get posted as a commercial apprentice by sitting for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. The previous vacancies for RRB NTPC were released in 2019. Its examination is yet to be conducted by the railways across all regions of RRB. Let’s take a look at the total in-hand and gross salary for Railway commercial apprentice or CA as per the 7th pay commission. Know about the Railway commercial apprentice Salary, Job Profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Commercial Apprentice Vacancy & Pay
The initial pay for the station master is 35400 where the total vacancies are 259.
The Big Freedom Sale!
Use Code: BHARAT to get FLAT 25% Off + 5% Extra on App using coins*
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RRB NTPC Station Master
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
Railway Commercial Apprentice Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The training period for CA or commercial apprentice in railways is 80 days. A Commercial Apprentice (CA) is trained as a sort of multi skilled supervisors in the Commercial branch. Less than 100 days of training is given to Apprentices (CA) in different categories of working of Commercial branch. i.e. training in duties of commercial clerks, parcel clerks, catering, goods clerks and commercial inspectors.
80 Days (Less than 100)
|Salary||During Training||Grade Pay Rs. 2800/-|
|After Training||Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-|
|1st Salary||Rs. 40,000/- plus (Approx)|
|Bond||5 Years Bond|
After training, Apprentices will be posted as Commercial Supervisor/ Goods Supervisor/ Parcel Supervisor/ Commercial Inspector in various departments of railways. The basic pay for a commercial apprentice is Rs 35,000 initially. The total in-hand salary including the allowances offered will be approx Rs 50,000 varying according to the city.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||6018/-|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed )||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place)- Minimum||2832/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III)||50,466/-|
Job Profile of Commercial Apprentice (CA)
- CA act as a Supervisor/ Inspector in Commercial departments.
- CA take care of the collecting revenue.
- The commercial apprentice is responsible for commercial activities or goods transferred in the railways.
- They are multi-skilled supervisors and have to work as a six in one taking responsibilities of all the commercial work.
- They are posted as Commercial Inspectors, Goods Supervisor, Parcel Supervisor, Rates and Claims Inspector in Railways.
- Their work includes inspection of activities on the railway stations according to the department posted in.
RRB NTPC Commercial Apprentice Career growth
They are eligible for promotion through the Limited Departmental Competitive exam to become Assistant Commercial Manager (Group-B ) after 5 years of service. The career growth further has been depicted below.
Commercial Apprentice Educational Qualifications
Railway Commercial Apprentice Age Limit
RRB NTPC Commercial Apprentice Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for this post are B-2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below to be eligible for the appointment.
fit in all
|Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses
(Power of lenses not to exceed 4D).
Near Vision: Sn 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses
when reading or close work is required and must
pass test for Field of Vision(Binocular Vision) etc.
Commercial Apprentice Selection Process
The selection process for Commercial Apprentice is done through the RRB NTPC examination. It will include 4 stages with 2 online computer based examinations followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.