SSC CGL AAO Salary: Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL examination for various Group B and Group C out of which Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) is the topmost post. You can get this post by passing the examination with the highest score. You need to score good marks in Paper 4 as well to qualify for the AAO. As it a prestigious post of SSC CGL, you must be curious to know about the Salary structure, job responsibilities, and work profile of AAO. Check out all the details provided in the post below.
|Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)|
|S.No||Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|1||Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts
Department under C&AG
SSC CGL Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) Salary
The total in-hand salary for an Assistant Audit Officer lies in the range of 63k to 70k depending upon the city you are posted in. The exact salary of AAO with HRA, DA, and Travel allowance is provided below.
|Pay Level of Posts||Pay Level-8|
|Payscale||Rs 47600 to 151100|
|Basic pay||Rs 47600|
|HRA (depending on
|X Cities (24%)||11,424|
|Y Cities (16%)||7,616|
|Z Cities (8%)||3,808|
|DA (Current- 17%)||8,092|
|Travel Allowance||Cities- 3600, Other Places- 1800|
SSC CGL AAO Job Responsibilities
- Assistant Audit Officer is the entry-level Officer post.
- It is one of the most sought-after posts to grab as this is the only gazetted post.
- Besides this, the basic salary is the highest among all the posts.
- The job of an Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) comes with both responsibility and respect.
- The work includes assisting the Audit Officer or Senior Audit Officer in conducting various departmental audits of government organizations.
- You will need to take section-level decisions and report them to higher authorities.
- Some Audit Inspection related work is also done.
SSC CGL AAO Training & Promotion
SSC CGL AAO Work Timings
- Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening.
- There is no extra work.
- You might have to travel during the inspection.