Railway Station Master Salary
The job of a Railway Station Master is among the most desirable post notified by the RRB in the graduate-level category. Students must be curious to know about the eligibility criteria for the station master and the salary one gets after getting appointed. Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB NTPC recruitment exam of undergraduate and graduate-level posts in the railways. It released 35,208 vacancies for RRB NTPC in 2019. A total of 6865 vacancies for Station Master included in all RRBs were released under RRB NTPC. In this article, we will discuss the salary, job profile and requirements for the Station Master. Know about the total in-hand salary as per the 7th pay commission.
Railway Station Master Vacancy & Pay
The initial pay for the station master is 35400 where the total vacancies are 6865.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RRB NTPC Station Master
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
RRB NTPC Station Master Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The training period of the station master is 78 days which was earlier 2 years with a bond of 5 years. The initial grade pay during training is Rs 2800 and after the training is complete it is Rs 4200.
78 Days (Earlier 2 Years)
|Salary||During Training||Grade Pay Rs. 2800/-|
|After Training||Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-|
|1st Salary||Rs. 49,000/- (Approx)|
|Bond||5 Years Bond|
The total in-hand salary adding the allowance such as dearness allowance, travel allowance, HRA etc. have been provided below. The total in-hand salary for station master is approximately Rs 50,466. They are also given the night allowance depending on their shift.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||6018/-|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed )||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place)- Minimum||2832/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III)||50,466/-|
Allowances Provided To Station Master
Here are the complete details of allowances Indian Railways Station Masters get along with their salaries:
- Night duty allowance of Rs 2700 per month.
- Overtime Allowance(OTA).
- Travelling Allowances and others.
- Compensation on lieu holidays.
- A traveling card issued by Indian Railways which provides free traveling all over India in 3AC to the employee and his family members.
- Daily allowance along with mileage allowance for a local journey beyond 8 km.
- Special allowance for child care for women with disabilities and educational allowances.
- Female candidates get privilege during posting. Female candidates are mostly posted in city areas.
- Special Compensatory Allowances (Tribal/Schedule area).
Job Profile of Station Master (SM)
- A Station Master (SM) is in charge of running trains at a station.
- He/ She operates the signals and makes sure that everything goes as per the rules.
- It is the ultimate job of the station master, to keep all the passenger amenities fit & fine at his station, and makes sure the rail traveller do not face any problem.
- He is also obliged to take care of passengers, boarding/ deboarding trains from his station.
- A Station Master (ASM) has to work in shifts.
- Also, he is also responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of the station.
- At small stations, Station Masters are assigned with commercial jobs like ticket/parcel booking, reservation etc.
- They are also supposed to help the rail traveller in all respect. In case of any exigencies/ accident, the Station Master plays the role of manager at his station and takes care of rescue operation etc
Railway Station Master Career growth
The career growth of RRB station master depends on the vacancies and they are promoted to higher-level automatically after 10 years.
Educational Qualification Required For Station Master
Railway Station Master Age Limit
RRB NTPC Station Master Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for this post are A-2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below to be eligible for the appointment.
fit in all
|Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses (No
Near Vision: Sn 0.6, 0.6 without glasses
and Must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular
Vision, Night Vision and Myopic vision.
Station Master Selection Process
The selection process for Station Master under RRB NTPC will include 4 stages with 2 online examinations followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the salary of Station Master.?
Ans. The initial salary of the Station Master is Rs. 48696.
Q. What is the pay scale of Station Master.?
Ans. The Pay scale of the Station Master is 6.
Q. What is the after training Grade pay of the Station Master?
Ans. The after training Grade Pay of the Station Master is Rs. 4200/-