International Yoga Day: India is the birthplace of Yoga that means uniting the body with consciousness. It is the mode of exercise that not just helps in physical working out but also offering mental workouts. It is an ancient form of freehand exercise that has recently popularized in different countries across the world also.
As Yoga was getting known in different parts of the globe, soon, United National declared 21st of June to be International Yoga Day in 2014. Now, International Yoga Day is being observed each year on the mentioned day.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
|Check List of Important Days in June||Coronavirus Questions: Know Everything About Coronavirus|
Why International Yoga Day is celebrated?
The motto behind celebrating International Yoga Day is to spread awareness among people about the benefits of Yoga. The asanas in Yoga were designed by the Indian ancient experts in such a way that they are highly beneficial for different health issues.
Yoga is such a technique that helps in treating different health issues because it is concerned with almost every part of the body. It has been also noticed that people who regularly practice this holistic form can stay away from many of the ailments. So, it can be said that it is the very way to stay fit and healthy even in this world of pollution.
There are a wide number of benefits that have made Yoga quite popular and famous today.
- It is quite cost-effective as you do not need to have any equipment in order to get started with Yoga.
- People of any age can practice yoga.
- There are different Yoga asanas for different health problems such as pain, digestive issues, and many others.
- Regular breathing exercises prescribed in Yoga also help in keeping your mind calm and increases concentration.
- Practice yoga on a regular basis along with a healthy diet can help in keeping you fit and healthy throughout life.
|Check List Of Important Days & Dates Of The Year||What is PPE kit? Know all about Personal Protective Equipment|
How is International Yoga Day celebrated?
So much is the popularity of Yoga today that some of the modern gymnasiums have also started keeping a session of Yoga for those who are interested in it. Each year the day is celebrated by different people in a number of different ways.
- There are some organizations and groups that conduct Yoga sessions on this particular day where interested people can participate.
- There are also some other people who take the responsibility of spreading awareness about the benefits of Yoga across people through different means.
- Apart from this, social media platforms are seen flooded with different pictures, videos, and messages related to Yoga that inspires a good number of people to start with this holistic method of staying fit.
International Yoga Day 2020 Theme
The pandemic COVID 19 has troubled the world so much that it is still not possible to say that when everything will resume back to normal. Social distancing is considered to be the best weapon in such a situation to defeat the ill impacts of coronavirus. In respect to such a situation, most of the Yoga studios are closed and hence the people are encouraged to practice Yoga at home only. Hence, the theme for International Yoga Day 2020 is Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family.
|Post Lockdown: Updated Exam Calendar For All Govt. Exams||13 Reasons Why You Should Prepare For The Govt. Exams|
Today, when the Yoga studios are closed and people are not able to attend the classes, a number of online Yoga classes are started. People can get indulged in such online classes to learn different Yoga asanas and keep on the practice. Most importantly, the aim is to keep you stay at home and practice at home only so that the risks of the coronavirus infection spread can be reduced.
Also, this will help in motivating and inspiring other members of the family too in taking up Yoga and start practicing it regularly to lead a healthy life. So, the aim of the International Yoga Day 2020 is to keep people encouraged to keep on practicing Yoga at home and also to inspire many other individuals to start Yoga to achieve its holistic benefits.
If you are a Yoga fan, you can surely check out different online campaigns that may be running for celebrating Yoga Day 2020 this year through virtual means. Be a part of such virtual campaigns from home and encourage the other family members too.
International Yoga Day Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2020?
Answer: The theme for International Yoga Day 2020 is Yoga at home and Yoga with family.
Q2. How can I start Yoga?
Answer: You can start Yoga at any age and all you need is a yoga mat to start it.
Q3. What to wear for practicing Yoga?
Answer: You can wear any comfortable clothes for practicing Yoga.
Q4. Is there any specific time for practicing Yoga?
Answer: No, yoga can be performed at any time. Just you should make sure that you do it with an empty stomach.
Q5. Is there any specific diet for practicing Yoga?
Answer: If you wish to get properly benefited from Yoga, you should maintain a healthy diet.