BPSC or Bihar Public Service Commission is the governing body that conducts all the state level exams in Bihar. BPSC conducts the recruitment exam for various posts like Sub Divisional Officer, Rural Development Officer, District Sanapark Officer, etc. The Official Notification of recruitment is expected to be released in the last week of June 2020. To surpass the competition with high marks, candidates must be aware of the syllabus completely covering each section with topics important with the exam point of view. All the candidates who are preparing for the BPSC recruitment exam are advised to go through the syllabus of the same.
The BPSC recruitment exam 2020 is conducted in three stages:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
- Prelims – 1 objective type paper (150 marks)
- Mains – 4 descriptive papers (1 qualifying + 3 merit ranking)
- Interview – 120 marks
Aspirants can have a look detailed look at BPSC syllabus below.
BPSC Prelims Exam
BPSC Prelims Exam covers the aspects of General Science, Polity, Economy, History and the National Movement. The candidates must go through the syllabus and prepare well because the exam will have the questions of high standards. Check the detailed syllabus of the BPSC Prelims Exam:
|Name of Exam||Combined Competitive Exam (Pre)|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|No of Papers||1 Objective Type Paper General Studies (150 marks)|
BPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus
The question asked in the BPSC Prelims exam are from 8 subjects. The subjects and detailed syllabus of the BPSC Prelims exam have been provided below.
- General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography(mainly Geography of Bihar)
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability.
- General Science: The questions on Science and Tech General understanding of science, includes matters of everyday observation and experience. The types of questions and level of questions will be such that candidates do not require the subject specialization.
- History of Bihar and India: Topics related to history of Indian and Bihar must give special attention. General understanding of the topics with the broad aspects of the history of Bihar.
- Geography of India and Bihar: Questions will be related to the geographical, location of India and also the main features of Indian and Bihar agricultural and natural resources.
- General geographical division of Bihar including its major river systems.
- Indian and Bihar polity: Indian polity questions will test knowledge of candidates on the country’s political system, community development, Panchayati Raj, planning in India and Bihar.
- The economy of Indian Bihar post-independence
- Current Affairs of National/International importance
- Indian Independence Movements and Contribution of Bihar in it: Question will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence with special reference to Bihar
- Under the Indian Economy and Polity, the questions will cover the following topics:
- Indian Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development
- Planning in India and Bihar
- Under the Indian National Movement topic, candidates must focus on the resurgence in the 19th century, nature and growth of nationalism in India, and India’s independence. Also, the role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement is important from the BPSC exam point of view
- Questions based on General Mental Ability
BPSC Mains Exam
The candidates are called for the BPSC recruitment mains exam only if they secure the required cut-off marks that are decided by the Bihar Commission. Approximately, the number of candidates selected for Mains is equal to 10 times the total number of vacancies released. The BPSC Main Exam has a qualifying paper of General Hindi with minimum passing criteria of 30 marks (out of 100). The marks obtained in General Hindi will not be counted for the overall merit. Apart from this, there will be General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper 2 of 300 marks each. There will also be an optional paper that the candidate selects while filling the application form. The optional paper carries 300 marks.
|Stage of Exam||Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration of Exam|
|Main Exam (Subjective)||General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
BPSC Mains Syllabus
|BPSC Mains Syllabus|
|General Hindi||General Studies 1||General Studies 2|
Syllabus of GS Paper 1
- Modern History of India and Indian culture: History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of the nineteenth century, the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Quit India Movement, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Gandhi, Tagore, and Nehru
- Current events of national and international importance
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- Santhal uprising
- 1857 war of independence
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942
- Mauryan and Pala Art/Pala Sena Art
- Patna Kalam Paintings
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams: Candidates must give extra attention to questions related to these topics to test the ability to draw conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatical information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies.
Syllabus for GS Paper 2
- Indian Polity: Questions based on the political system in India including Bihar.
- Indian economy and Geography of India: Questions on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar.
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India: Questions to test awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar with special reference to applied science.
Candidates have to also select one optional subject out of 34 subjects. There will be one optional subject exam for 300 marks and the questions will be of Honours Level. List of subjects are given below:
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science