| Updated On September 10th, 2020 at 11:24 am
BIS Recruitment 2020: Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published the notification for the recruitment of candidates for Group A, Group and Group C. All the eligible and interested candidates can apply for the Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment through the official website or click on the link that has been provided below. A total of 171 vacancies are available for various posts such as Assistant Director, Assistant Section Officer, Personal Assistant, Junior Translator, etc. Candidates can apply for BIS recruitment from 05 September 2020 to 26 September 2020. Candidates can find out all the information related to recruitment in the post below.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Important Dates For BIS Recruitment
Below are the complete schedule for BIS Recruitment 2020:
- Starting Date of Application: 05 September 2020
- Last Date of Application: 26 September 2020
- Issue of Admit Card for online exam: 20 October 2020 (Tentative)
- Online Examination: 08 November 2020 (Tentative)
BIS Recruitment 2020 Vacancy
|S.NO||Name of the post||No of vacancies|
|1||Assistant Director (Administration & Finance) [01- Legal & 01-Finance]||02|
|2||Assistant Director (Marketing & Consumer Affairs)||01|
|3||Assistant Director (Library)||01|
|4||Assistant Section Officer||17|
|6||Junior Translator (Hindi)||01|
|9||Senior Secretariat Assistant||79|
|10||Junior Secretariat Assistant||36|
Educational Qualifications Required For BIS Recruitment
- Assistant Director (Administration) for Legal: Degree in law from a recognized university/ Bachelor of law; and Three years‘ experience in the relevant field in Central/ State/ Union Territory Government or Statutory/ Autonomous Body/ Public Sector Undertaking/ reputed Government agency.
- Assistant Director (Finance): Chartered Accountant/ Cost and Works Accountant/ Subordinate Accounts Service Accountant/ Master of Business Administration (with finance specialization) from a recognized university/ All India Council for Technical Education approved Institution; and Three years experience in the relevant in Central/ State/ Union Territory Government or Statutory/ Autonomous Body/ Public Sector Undertaking/ reputed Government agency.
- Assistant Director (Marketing & Consumer Affairs): Masters of Business Administration (Marketing) or Master‘s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication Or Master‘s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work from a recognized University/Institution; and Five years’ experience in the field of Marketing / Mass Communication / Social Work in Central Government/ State Government/ Union Territory Government/ Statutory/ Autonomous Body/ Public Sector Undertaking/ reputed Government agency.
- Assistant Director (Library): Master‘s Degree (Post Graduate Degree) in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or Institution or Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized University or Institution; and At least five years ‘experience in a library under Central Government/ State Government/ Autonomous Body/ Public Sector Undertaking/ recognized University/Institute.
- Assistant Section Officer: Bachelor‘s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent; and Computer Proficiency Test: The candidate should be proficient at least up to Level-6 of National Skill Qualification Framework. The test shall be qualifying in nature; and Qualifying Skill Test in Computer Proficiency
- Personal Assistant: Degree from a recognized University; (b) Computer Proficiency Test: The candidate should be proficient at least up to Level-6 of National Skill Qualification Framework. The test shall be qualifying in nature and Shorthand test in English or Hindi comprising dictation test at hundred words per minute for seven minutes
- Junior Translator (Hindi): Master’s Degree/Post-Graduate Degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a subject at the Degree level; Or Master’s Degree/Post Graduate Degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a subject at the Degree level; or Master’s Degree/Post Graduate Degree of a recognized University in any subject with Hindi and English as subjects at the Degree level Or Master’s Degree/ Post Graduate Degree of a recognized University in any subject with English/Hindi medium and Hindi/English as subjects at the Degree level. Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa; or Two years’ experience of terminological work in Hindi or translation work from English to Hindi or vice-versa preferably of technical or scientific literature
- Library Assistant: Graduate with recognized Diploma in Library Science with three years’ experience.
- Stenographer: Bachelor‘s Degree from a recognized University & Computer Proficiency Test and Shorthand Test
- Senior Secretariat Assistant: Bachelor‘s Degree from a recognized University and Qualifying Skill Test in Computer Proficiency consisting
- Junior Secretariat Assistant: Bachelor‘s Degree from a recognized University, Computer Proficiency Test and Typing Speed Test.
Age Limit Required For BIS Recruitment
|Name of the post||Maximum age limit|
|GROUP – A|
|Assistant Director (Administration & Finance) [01- Legal & 01-Finance]||35 Years|
|Assistant Director (Marketing & Consumer Affairs)||35 Years|
|Assistant Director (Library)||35 Years|
|GROUP – B|
|Assistant Section Officer||30 Years|
|Personal Assistant||30 Years|
|Junior Translator (Hindi)||27 Years|
|Library Assistant||27 Years|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant||27 Years|
|Junior Secretariat Assistant||27 Years|
Selection Procedure For BIS Recruitment
The Selection Procedure for all the posts under BIS recruitment 2020 is different. Candidates interested in the recruitment can check the selection procedure for each post below.
- Assistant Director: Online Exam and Interview
- Assistant Section Officer: Online Exam and Typing Speed Test
- Personal Assistant: Online Exam; and Shorthand Test
- Junior Translator (Hindi): Online Exam and Practical Skill Test for Translator. The test shall be qualifying in nature.
- Library Assistant: Online Exam and Practical Skill on Library Science. The test shall be qualifying in nature
- Stenographer: Online Test and Shorthand Test
- Sr. Secretariat Assistant: Online exam and Qualifying Skill Test in Computer Proficiency
- Jr. Secretariat Assistant: Online exam and Typing Speed Test
Pay Scale for BIS Recruitment
|S. No||Name of the post||BIS Recruitment Salary Grade|
|GROUP – A|
|1||Assistant Director (Administration & Finance) [01- Legal & 01-Finance]||Level -10 (Rs. 56100-177500)|
|2||Assistant Director (Marketing & Consumer Affairs)||Level -10 (Rs. 56100-177500))|
|3||Assistant Director (Library)||Level -10 (Rs. 56100-177500)|
|GROUP – B|
|4||Assistant Section Officer||Level -6 (Rs.35400-112400)|
|5||Personal Assistant||Level -6 (Rs.35400-112400)|
|6||Junior Translator (Hindi)||Level -6 (Rs.35400-112400)|
|7||Library Assistant||Level – 5 (Rs.29200-92300)|
|8||Stenographer||Level – 4 (25500-81100)|
|9||Senior Secretariat Assistant||Level – 4 (25500-81100)|
|10||Junior Secretariat Assistant||Level – 2 (Rs.19900-63200)|
Application Fee For BIS Recruitment
Rs.500/- (No fee for SCs/STs/PWDs/ Women and BIS serving employees)
How To Apply for BIS Recruitment Exam 2020
- Go to the BIS website @bis.gov.inor click on the link below
- Click on the tab “Recruitment Advt./Results”
- Then click on “APPLY ONLINE”
- To register application click on the New Registration and enter all the required details and set a password
- Now Click on the Login option.
- Fill All the Details carefully and upload Photograph and Signature
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before submitting the form.
- Click on the ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- After the payment click on the Submit button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Last Date of Apply Online for BIS Group A B & C Recruitment?
Ans. Last Date To Filling & Submitting Online Application is 26 September 2020.
Q. Is There Any Age Relaxation for BIS Group A B & C Vacancy?
Ans. Yes, there will be an Age Relaxation of Reserved Category as per Government Rules.
Q. What is the Qualification for BIS Group A B & C Posts?
Ans. The qualification required varies for each post. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for each post in the article above.