UPSC Notification 2023 Out: UPSC Notification 2023 PDF Released for Civil Service Exam (CSE) 2023 and Indian Forest Services (IFS) on 1 February 2023 @upsc.gov.in by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Total 1255 vacancies have been released through UPSC Form 2023. This is a great opportunity for all the candidates who will be applying for the post to be appointed as Gazetted Officers under the Government of India. Know all the detailed information regarding the UPSC Notification 2023 in this article. Bookmark SSCADDA for latest Govt Jobs updates
UPSC Notification 2023
UPSC conducts the IAS exam every year to recruit eligible candidates for all India Services and various Central Civil Services. Lakhs of students participate in the prestigious exam every year. Candidates will be selected for UPSC 2023 through Prelims, Mains and Interview round where Prelims is Objective-type and Mains is descriptive-type. Go through the UPSC Notification 2023 Eligibility criteria, Age Limit, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, and other information necessary to be fulfilled by the aspirants in this post. Make sure to read all the instructions and criteria carefully before filling up the application process.
While applying for UPSC Notification 2023, it is important to get yourself acquainted with the important dates related to the official notification like the release date, the last date to apply online, admit card release date, examination dates, etc. The table provided below shows brief information related to the UPSC 2023, which is important for every aspirant.
|UPSC Notification 2023|
|Organisation||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||UPSC Civil Service Exam 2023 & UPSC Forest Service Exam 2023|
|UPSC Notification 2023 Release Date||1 February 2023 [Released]|
|UPSC Notification 2023 Apply Online Last Date||21 February 2023|
|Vacancy||CSE- 1105 Posts
IFS- 150 Posts
|Exam Stages||Prelims, Main Exams, Language Proficiency Test|
|Education Qualification||Graduates or relevant degree|
|Age Limit||21 years to 32 years (excluding reserved categories)|
|UPSC Official Website||upsc.gov.in|
UPSC Notification 2023 Pdf
UPSC CSE Indian Administrative Services notification (05/2023-CSP) and UPSC Forest Service Examination Notification (06/2023-IFS) have been released by the Commission on its official website on 1st February 2023. Before starting the preparation for the examination aspirants must find out minute details for UPSC Notification 2023 Pdf, which will help them prepare for the examination. The UPSC Notification 2023 Pdf is provided below.
UPSC CSE Notification 2023
The UPSC CSE Notification 2023 is released on the official website @upsc.gov.in on 1st February 2023 for 1105 CSE vacancies. The official pdf of UPSC CSE Notification 2023 includes all the crucial details like eligibility criteria, age limit, selection process, syllabus and much more. Along with the UPSC CSE Notification 2023, the registration process has also started from 1st February 2023. The UPSC CSE Notification 2023 Pdf is mentioned below.
UPSC Notification 2023 Pdf (CSE)
UPSC IFS Notification 2023
Union Public Service Commission released the UPSC IFS Notification 2023 for 150 IFS vacancies on 1st February 2023. Candidates can apply online for UPSC IFS Notification 2023 on or before 21st February 2023. Candidates are required to register themselves first at One Time Registration (OTR), and then proceed with filling up the application form for UPSC IFS Notification 2023. The link to download UPSC IFS Notification 2023 Pdf is mentioned below.
UPSC Notification 2023 Pdf (IFS)
UPSC Notification 2023: Important Dates
Staff Selection Commission released the UPSC Notification 2023 on 1st February 2023. The important dates for UPSC 2023 according to the UPSC Calendar 2023 are tabulated below. Candidates must check the details given below.
|UPSC Notification 2023 Release Date||01st February 2023|
|UPSC Registration Date||01st February 2023|
|Last Day to Apply for UPSC Notification 2023||21st February 2023 till 6:00 P.M|
|Modification in Application||22nd February 2023 to 28th Februay 2023|
|Release of UPSC Admit Card 2023||To be Notified|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023||28th May 2023|
|UPSC CSE Prelims Result 2023||_|
|UPSC Mains Admit Card 2023||_|
|Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2023||15th September 2023|
UPSC Notification 2023 PDF In Hindi
UPSC Apply Online Form 2023
UPSC Form 2023 process to register for UPSC Notification 2023 started on 1st February 2023 and the last date to apply online is 21st February 2023, the commission has provided an ample amount of time to successfully apply for UPSC Notification 2023. We have summarized all the detailed steps that a candidate must follow for the application process of UPSC 2023 on this article, candidates must check out all these steps before beginning with the registration process. The direct link to UPSC 2023 Apply Online is provided below.
UPSC Recruitment 2023 Apply Online Link (Active)
UPSC Notification 2023: Vacancy
The commission has released the UPSC 2023 Vacancy along with the UPSC Notification 2023 on 1st February 2023. The commission has released 1255 vacancies for various posts. The 1255 vacancies includes 1105 vacancies for CSE and 150 vacancies for IFS. UPSC will announce the category-wise UPSC 2023 Vacancy later. The UPSC 2023 Vacancy will be filled for various services in the government department.
UPSC Full Form
UPSC full form is Union Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts various exams every year to recruit eligible candidates for the Indian Government. Union Public Service Commission is India’s major regulating body which conducts one of the most competitive and prestigious exams in the country.
UPSC 2023 Posts
The two services for which candidates can apply through the UPSC Notification 2023: All India Service and Central Civil Service The posts offered under these two services are mentioned below.
All India Services
1. Indian Administrative Services(IAS)
2. Indian Police Services (IPS)
3. Indian Forest Services(IFS) [Prelims Only]
Central Civil Services
1. Indian Foreign Services(IFS)
2. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
3. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
4. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
8. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
10. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
14. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
18. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
19. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
20. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
21. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
UPSC 2023 Form Date
The UPSC 2023 Form Date to apply for UPSC 2023 is from 1st February 2023 to 21st February 2023. Candidates can apply online for UPSC Notification 2023 if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
UPSC Notification 2023: Application Fees
Candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- to apply for UPSC 2023. The category wise application fees is mentioned below.
|General / OBC / EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|Female / SC / ST / PwBD||Fee exempted|
UPSC Notification 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Notification 2023 must be fulfilled in order to apply online for this recruitment process. Check out the nationality, age limit, educational qualifications, number of attempts and physical standard as per the previous years.
UPSC 2023 Exam Date
As per the UPSC Notification 2023, the UPSC 2023 Exam Date for Prelims is 28th May 2023 and UPSC 2023 Exam Date for Mains is 15th September 2023. Every aspirant who is working hard for UPSC 2023 must pull their socks up to clear the examination.
UPSC 2023 Nationality
It is mandatory for candidates that they must be a citizen of India or
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Any Tibetan refugee (should be settled here before Jan 1st, 1962)
- Migrated from Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zaire
UPSC Notification 2023: Educational Qualification
The candidate must hold a degree i.e. must have passed the graduate examination from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament.
UPSC 2023 Age Limit
A candidate must have attained not less than the age of 21 years and must not have attained more than the age of 32 years (for general candidates) as on the crucial date of eligibility i.e. 1st of August, 2023.
|Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|General candidates||21 years||32 years|
|OBC candidates||21 years||35 years|
|SC/ST candidates||21 years||37 years|
Age Relaxation for Categories
- For SC/ ST, age is relaxed by 5 Years
- For OBC, age is relaxed by 3 Years
- Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities, relaxation up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen- Relaxation Up to 5 years
- For Hearing problem, deaf, low vision, ex-servicemen, blindness, muscle deformity Up to 10 years
UPSC 2023 Number of attempts
Every candidate appearing at the examination is permitted overall six attempts till the age of 32 years, and it varies according to the category of the candidate:
- For Other Backward Classes, total permitted attempts are nine
- The restriction is not applicable to SC/ST candidates
- An attempt at a Preliminary Examination (anyone paper as well) shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Civil Services Examination
UPSC 2023: Physical Standards Required
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards prescribed in the notification for admission to Civil Services Examination.
UPSC 2023: Selection Process
The selection process of UPSC 2023 includes 3 stages that applicants need to pass in order to be eligible for the final merit:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for selecting candidates for the Main Examination
- Civil Services (Main) Examination for the selecting candidates for the interview round
- Interview or Personality Test for the appointment to IAS and various other Services & posts
UPSC 2023 Syllabus
The official UPSC Syllabus 2023 is provided in the official notification. Candidates can check the UPSC Syllabus 2023 along with the Exam Pattern from the link given below.
UPSC Notification 2023: Steps to Apply Online
Follow the below given steps to apply for UPSC Notification 2023.
- Click on the link given above to Register yourself for UPSC 2023. Click on the link ‘UPSC Civil Services Examination 2023’ under Active Examinations section Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Fill Application Form Details: Fill all the important details in the application form which are necessary to fill by candidates to get their form selected.
- Upload Documents: Upload all the crucial documents needed to be uploaded by the during the application process i.e. photographs, education qualification, valid I.D proof and other documents.
- Application Fee: General, OBC, EWS candidates: Rs 100/-.Women, SC, ST, and PWD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
Also Check – UPSC Notification 2023
UPSC Notification 2023: FAQs
Q. Is UPSC Notification 2023 released?
Ans. Yes, the UPSC Notification 2023 was released on 1 February 2023.
Q. What is the start date to apply online for UPSC Notification 2023?
Ans. The starting date to apply for UPSC Notification 2023 was 1st February 2023.
Q. What are the minimum qualifications required to be eligible for UPSC Notification 2023?
Ans. The minimum qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized institute.
Q. How many total papers are there in the IAS Mains Exam 2023?
Ans. A total of 9 Papers are there including 7 papers to be counted for merit and 2 qualifying papers.
Q. What is the selection process for UPSC Notification 2023?
Ans. The Selection process includes Preliminary exam and Mains Examination following the interview.
Q. What is the preliminary exam date for UPSC Notification 2023?
Ans. The preliminary exam date is 28th May 2023.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for UPSC Notification 2023?
Ans. The last date to apply is 21st February 2023
Q. What is the age limit for UPSC notification 2023?
Ans. Minimum age is 21 years and Maximum age is 32 years to apply for UPSC Notification 2023.
Q. Will there be UPSC Exam in 2023?
Ans. Yes, there will be UPSC Prelims Examination which will be conducted on 28th May 2023. So, if you want to attend that UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 then you will have to apply for UPSC 2023 Notification released on 1st Feb 2023.