SSC Vs Bank Vs RRB NTPC Exams: In the quest to grab a government job, candidates are often seen to be confused about the best suitable option for them. The three government job examinations that the majority of candidates dream of include SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking exams. Are you a newbie in this competition? Are you looking for the best comparison between SSC, Railways and Banking exams? In this post, we are highlighting the major differences between SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking exams. You can put an end to your dilemma and decide what you want to prepare for based on your preferences.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
What is SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking Exams?
|Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level), SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) and
various other exams for the recruitment of Group B, C & D posts in top-level central government institutions.
|Railway Recruitment Board conducts the NTPC exam for recruitment in the
Non-Technical Popular Categories of Railways.
|Banking exams are conducted mainly by IBPS (Institute of
Banking Personnel Selection). IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, RBI etc are various Bank Exams.
Posts Covered under the three categories
Candidates recruited by SSC are appointed in various ministries under the central government comprising of the posts below as per the SSC CGL & SSC CHSL exams:
|RRB NTPC||The posts under RRB NTPC for recruitment in Railways are:
|Banking||The posts covered under various Banking examinations for the recruitment to banks under IBPS, SBI, RBI etc are:
SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking Exams: Eligibility Criteria
|Category||Age Limit||Educational Qualifications|
||Clerk & PO: Degree (Graduation) in any discipline|
SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking Exams: Selection Process
- Click here for SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020: Check Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 Pattern
- Click here to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- Click here for RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
SSC, Banking and RRB NTPC Exams: Post Wise Pay Scale
SSC CGL Pay Scale
The pay scale for each level under SSC CGL posts are:
- Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)
- Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)
- Pay Level 6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)
- Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)
- Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)
SSC CHSL Pay Scale
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
RRB NTPC Pay Scale
The salary structure under RRB NTPC ranges from the initial pay of Rs 19900 to Rs Rs 35400. The salary structure updated as per the 7th Pay Commission are categorized under levels 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 and provided in the link given below:
Banking Posts Pay Scale
- The IBPS Clerk pay scale is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
- The pay scale of Bank Probationary Officer is 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020 including Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Aid, Leave Fare Concession etc.
SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking Exams: Application Fee To Apply
SSC, RRB NTPC and Banking Exams: Duration Taken to complete the selection process
The total duration taken by the three examinations to complete the entire recruitment process varies as per the exam.
Can be extended further for the final appointment
|The notification was released in Feb 2019.
No examination conducted yet.
Minimum 2 years as per previous records.
|8-10 months for the final result|
The major differences between SSC, RRB NTPC and banking exams have been listed here. You can prepare for the exam that you find the best for yourself looking at the exam pattern, job profile, and other criteria. Click on the links provided below to know about each of the examinations in detail: