SSC CGL Selection Process 2022
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL examination every year for graduate-level posts in various departments of the SSC. The appointment to the posts can be done throughout the country according to the preference given by the candidates. What is the selection process for SSC CGL i.e. for such a prestigious examination? We have answers to all your queries. Check out the article below to get detailed information about the SSC CGL selection process 2022 comprising 2 stages. Each candidate must pass all the stages of the examination to get the final appointment to the desired post. You must know the recruitment process before applying for the SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process 2022: Overview
After the release of the SSC CGL 2022 Notification, candidates must know that there is a huge change in the selection process as well as exam pattern. Here candidates have to go through the brief information tabulated below regarding SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process.
|SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process|
|Name of Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Posts||Group B and C officers under the Central Government|
|No. of Vacancies||20,000 (Approx)|
|SSC CGL 2022 Notification||17th September 2022|
|Status of SSC CGL Notification 2022 Pdf||Released|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|SSC CGL Application Mode||Online|
|SSC CGL 2022 Eligibility||Graduate|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|SSC CGL Selection Process||
|Exam Duration||Tier-I: 60 minutes
Paper 1- 75 minutes
Paper 2 -120 minutes
Paper 3 -120 minutes
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022||December 2022|
|SSC CGL 2022 Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process (Revised)
The SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process is mentioned below:
- Tier 1- Computer-based test
- Tier 2- Computer-based test
- Tier 2 includes 3 papers i.e. Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III further in separate shifts on separate days.
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts and Paper-II will be for only those candidates who have applied for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Paper-I will be conducted in two sessions – Session–I & Session II, on the same day. Session-I will include conducting Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III. Session II will include conducting Module II of Section III. Hence, the duration of Session-I will be 2 hours and 15 minutes and the duration of Session-II will be 15 minutes only.
- The Data Entry Speed Test has been included in Paper III for 15 minutes in Module II as One Data Entry Task.
- Candidates have to clear Tier 1 to qualify for the Tier 2 exam.
- SSC releases the Tier 1 exam result, and candidates whose names are on the merit list are eligible to appear for Tier 2.
- Candidates must go through the detailed SSC CGL Tier 1 selection process and SSC CGL Tier 2 in the below article.
|SSC CGL Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|SSC CGL Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II||Paper I (Compulsory for all posts),
Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
The first stage in the selection process is an objective computer-based examination. SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 consists of 100 questions, containing 25 questions each from 4 different subjects viz Quantitative aptitude, reasoning, English, and general awareness, the questions will be asked from the syllabus of 6th to 10th standard. Candidates can follow the table provided below, to know the examination pattern of the first stage in the selection process.
- There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks in all sections in Tier 1.
- The duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
After qualifying the SSC CGL Tier 1, the most important stage of SSC CGL awaits the aspirants i.e. SSC CGL Tier 2 comprising of the maximum marks of SSC CGL.
- There are 3 compulsory papers- Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
- Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), Paper-II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, and Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III.
|Paper||Section||No. of Question||Maximum
|Paper I||Section I:
Module I: Mathematical
Module I: Reasoning and General Intelligence
|60*3= 180||1 hour (for each section)
1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
Module I: English Language and Comprehension
Module II: General Awareness
|70* 3= 210|
Module I: Computer Knowledge Module
|20*3 =60||15 Minutes (for each module)
20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
Module II- Data Entry Speed Test Module
|Paper II||Statistics||100||100*2= 200||2 hours
2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2= 200||2 hours
2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process: FAQ
Q1. How many stages are there in the SSC CGL 2022 selection process?
Ans: There are a total of two stages to tiers in the selection procedure of SSC CGL.
Q2. What is the selection process for SSC CGL 2022 recruitment?
Ans: According to the revised selection process, the Staff Selection Commission will be conducting SSC CGL 2022 Exam in two stages: Tier 1 and Tier 2.
Q3. Is the SSC CGL 2022 exam pattern changed?
Ans: Yes, the exam pattern for SSC CGL Tier 2 has been revised as notified in SSC CGL Notification 2022.
Q4. Is there any negative marking in the SSC CGL 2022 exam?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer in the SSC CGL Tier 1 and in the Tier 2 exam, there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Paper-I, and 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
Q5. Is qualifying in the SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 necessary to appear for Tier 2?
Ans: Yes, candidates have to clear the tier 1 exam to appear for the tier 2 computer-based exam.
Important Links related to SSC CGL 2022