SSC CGL Income Tax Inspector Salary
SSC CGL Income tax inspector job is the one job dreamt by thousands of aspiring candidates. When appearing for the SSC CGL examination, this job is among the first ones to come in the mind. Many of you must be curious to know about the exact Income Tax Inspector Salary, job responsibilities, work timings and career growth of the SSC CGL Income tax inspector in Central board of Direct Taxes. Income tax officers in CBDT are recruited through the SSC CGL examination conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
SSC CGL Income Tax Inspector (CBDT) Salary
|Pay Level of Posts||Income Tax Inspector Salary (Pay Level-7)|
|Payscale||Rs 44900 to 142400|
|Basic pay||Rs 44900|
|HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (24%)||10,776|
|Y Cities (16%)||7,184|
|Z Cities (8%)||3,592|
|DA (Current- 17%)||7,633|
|Travel Allowance||Cities- 3600, Other Places- 1800|
|Gross Salary Range (Approx)||X Cities||66,909|
SSC CGL Income Tax Officer Job Responsibilities
- An Income tax officer can have two types of work profile which are transferable on a cyclic basis.
- Work-related to the assessment of tax or non-assessment of tax.
- It is often believed that Assessment postings are “cream postings” as they associate themselves with discretionary powers. The core job of assessment postings is to see the work related to the assessment of income tax to be imposed on an individual, partnership firm, company etc; and refund of it in case someone has deposited in excess.
- He also has to see the work related to TAX DEDUCTION AT SOURCE (TDS) besides being accompanying a raid team. But if you are into Investigation wing, you may have to work even on the weekend if you are on search duty (Raid).
- You have to work for 3-4 days, without a break. No one would allow you to take holidays during peak season.
- An ITI on non-assessment seat generally has to do clerical work. Such postings are in Headquarters, judicial postings, HR works, TDS, and Training etc. You may finish your work in less than 3 hours, and the rest of the day is yours. You may be asked to accompany a raid team.
Work Timing for Income Tax Inspector
Promotion (Career Growth)
Along with SSC CGL Income tax Inspector Salary see below Growth path in in terms of post hierarchy:
- You have to clear the Departmental Exam for becoming ITO (Income Tax Officer).
- The Time taken in becoming an ITO differs from state to state.
- In states like Kerala, ITIs have become to ITOs within 4 years. Generally, it takes 6-8 years to become an ITO from ITI.
- One can get the first promotion in this job after completing eight years of service after clearing the departmental exam.
- Promotion period differs from zone to zone since there is zonal seniority.
SSC CGL Income Tax Officer Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
Age Limit- Must not be exceeding 30 years
Income Tax Officer Selection Process
The selection process for the Income-tax officer consists of 4 stages with 2 computer-based online tests:
- Tier 1: Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) containing 100 questions
- Tier 2: Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) with 2 compulsory papers and 2 other papers for specific posts
- Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Pen and Paper mode)
- Computer Proficiency Test
SSC CGL Income tax Inspector Cut off
The final cut off for the post of Income-tax inspector in 2017 has been depicted below. It is usually among the highest cut-offs in the SSC CGL examination.