If you are preparing for any competitive exam it is very important to learn English Language and this language is used as an official language in most of countries around the globe and has become a prominent language for communication. English, just like any other language has its own semantics and symbols. The symbols are the mere alphabets and it’s the semantics part that you need to master.
Grammar and Vocabulary are the keys to master any language and the same is the case with English. Unlike mathematics, you need not learn and by heart one formula after another, you don’t have to perform any calculation here, you just need to understand the grammar rules and build your English Vocabulary.
All prominent Staff Selection Commission exams like CGL, CHSL, CPO, MTS, SSC Selection Post contain English Language Section as a part and parcel element. English Language is a lavish dish with ingredients like Grammar and Vocabulary. And to enrich the deliciousness of this dish, remembering Grammar rules comes handy which are thoroughly revised.
- Active and Passive Voice
- English grammar
- Letter Writing
- Sentence Completion
- Subject and Object
- Word Families
- Error Detection
- Reading Comprehension: This topic tests a student’s ability to comprehend a given passage and answer the questions associated with it as per his understanding.
- Cloze Test : This tests a student’s knowledge of vocabulary along with his reading skills. Here a passage is given with 5 to 6 blanks in between the lines, and a student must find a suitable word or phrase for those blanks.
- Fill in the Blanks: There are different types of fill in the blanks that you must practice for exam.
- Word Usage: Here students must identify an appropriate or inappropriate word.
- Error Detection: This is a test of the knowledge and understanding of grammar rules. Spelling errors can also be asked to check vocabulary.
- Sentence Rearrangement: These types of questions tests both a student’s reading skills as well as the knowledge of English Grammar.
Idioms and Phrases:Questions related to idioms and phrases can be encountered in the form of fill in the blanks or identifying the meaning or phrase replacement.
- Sentence Improvement: This is a test of English Grammar, where a student is expected to identify an improved version of a given sentence.
- Government Jobs 2022 – Apply Now For 1 Lakh+ Vacancies
- Calendar For Upcoming All Govt Exams 2022-23
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Admit Card 2022 Out, Download Region-wise Hall Ticket
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Admit Card 2022, City Wise Link Active
- RRB NTPC Result 2021 Out, CBT 1 Revised Result
- SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Analysis- 24th May Shift 1
- SSC NR Region Debarred Candidates List
- SSC Selection Post Phase 10 Recruitment 2022 Ladakh- Apply for 797 vacancies
- NRA CET 2022, Exam Date, Latest News
- AFCAT 2 2022 Notification Out, Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria
- SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Admit Card will be out soon,Check here
- BRO Recruitment 2022 Notification Out for 876 Posts, Exam Pattern
- Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- RSMSSB VDO Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
- NRA CET Syllabus 2022, Check Syllabus For NRA Common Eligibility Test
- FCI Syllabus 2022, Exam Pattern and Category Wise Exam
- Adda247 Presents Books For Selection, Flat 20% Off on All Books, Use Code- PREP20
- PSSSB Excise And Tax Inspector Recruitment 2022 is Out for 107 Vacancies
- FCI Recruitment 2022, Apply Online, Eligibility and Selection Process
- UPSSSC Supply Inspector Syllabus 2022, Exam Pattern
- National Recruitment Agency 2022, Establishment of NRA
- CDS 2 2022 Notification Out for 339 Vacancies, Apply Now
- Assam Direct Recruitment 2022 Notification Out for 26441 Vacancies
- HP PWD Recruitment 2022 Notification Out, Application Form, Apply Online
- NRA CET 2022, Complete Information about Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- SSC CHSL 2022 कैसे लायें 160 + Marks
- SSC Selection Post Phase 10 Notification 2022 Out for 2065 Vacancies
- SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips To Score Maximum Marks in SSC CHSL Exam
- SSC CHSL Free Mocks 10 Days, 10 Mocks लगातार | Attempt Now
- UPSSSC Supply Inspector Recruitment 2022, Apply Online for 76 Posts
- UPSSSC Exam Calendar 2022 Out, Download PDF
- ICAR IARI Assistant Salary 2022, In Hand Per Month Salary
- ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022, Selection Process
- RRB JE Recruitment 2022 Notification, Vacancy, Syllabus, Exam date
- HURL Executive Recruitment 2022, Salary, Vacancy, Eligibility
- SSC JE Cut Off: Check Comparison With SSC JE Previous Years Paper Cut Off
- TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket 2022 Out, Download Link for Prelims Exam
- Free Job Alert 2022, State Wise Alert, Latest Alert Update
- South East Central Railway (SECR) Recruitment 2022, Apply Before 24th May
- HURL Non Executive Recruitment 2022, Apply Before 24th May
- SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF With Solutions
- SSC MTS 2022 Exam Date Out for 7301 Vacancies: Know about Admit Card, Exam Date & Cutoff
- BIS Recruitment 2022, 276 Posts for Group A, B and C
- SSC CGL 2022 Notification PDF Out, Apply Online, Exam Dates
- UPSSSC PET 2022, Notification, Apply Online, Vacancy, Eligibility
- Delhi Police Driver Recruitment 2022, 1000+ Vacancies, Selection process
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Result 2022, Cut Off and Merit List PDF
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Cut Off: Check Region Wise Cut Off
- How many application forms Received for SSC CHSL Recruitment?
- RRB NTPC Exam Date 2022 for CBT 2, Check Level 2, 3 and 5 Exam Schedule
- SSC CHSL Cut off 2022, Check SSC CHSL Cut off Category Wise
- PSSSB Junior Draftsman Recruitment 2022, Apply for 72 Vacancies
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Previous Year Paper Analysis
- ICAR IARI Assistant Recruitment 2022 Notification Out, Apply Online for 462 vacancies
Important Topics to Cover in English
Preparation Tips For English
Improve your Vocabulary
THESAURUS: This is an easy way to study and learn new words. There are a lot of online thesauruses available where a word and its opposite words can be found in one place.
Keep a pocket notebook with you where you can jot down a few words every day and through the list frequently.
Improve your English Grammar:
Proper understanding of grammar usage is needed for attempting questions from the section – ‘English Language and Comprehension’. These types of questions are quite common in all competitive exams and mostly come in the form of questions like ‘spotting the errors’. Finding an error in a sentence is a step-by-step process. Students must follow grammar rules while solving such types of questions.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers:
Practice from previous years paper as much as you can. Don’t forget to follow the current structure of the exam.
Build a Proper Structure:
Follow a proper strategy and a time table for all the sections of question paper.
English Language Preparation Books and Video Course
Watch Important English Language Topics Videos Playlist