If you are preparing for any competitive exam it is very important to learn English Language and this language is used as an official language in most of countries around the globe and has become a prominent language for communication. English, just like any other language has its own semantics and symbols. The symbols are the mere alphabets and it’s the semantics part that you need to master.
Grammar and Vocabulary are the keys to master any language and the same is the case with English. Unlike mathematics, you need not learn and by heart one formula after another, you don’t have to perform any calculation here, you just need to understand the grammar rules and build your English Vocabulary.
All prominent Staff Selection Commission exams like CGL, CHSL, CPO, MTS, SSC Selection Post contain English Language Section as a part and parcel element. English Language is a lavish dish with ingredients like Grammar and Vocabulary. And to enrich the deliciousness of this dish, remembering Grammar rules comes handy which are thoroughly revised.
- Active and Passive Voice
- English grammar
- Letter Writing
- Sentence Completion
- Subject and Object
- Word Families
- Error Detection
- Reading Comprehension: This topic tests a student’s ability to comprehend a given passage and answer the questions associated with it as per his understanding.
- Cloze Test : This tests a student’s knowledge of vocabulary along with his reading skills. Here a passage is given with 5 to 6 blanks in between the lines, and a student must find a suitable word or phrase for those blanks.
- Fill in the Blanks: There are different types of fill in the blanks that you must practice for exam.
- Word Usage: Here students must identify an appropriate or inappropriate word.
- Error Detection: This is a test of the knowledge and understanding of grammar rules. Spelling errors can also be asked to check vocabulary.
- Sentence Rearrangement: These types of questions tests both a student’s reading skills as well as the knowledge of English Grammar.
Idioms and Phrases:Questions related to idioms and phrases can be encountered in the form of fill in the blanks or identifying the meaning or phrase replacement.
- Sentence Improvement: This is a test of English Grammar, where a student is expected to identify an improved version of a given sentence.
- GA & GS Capsule For SSC & Railway Exams 2021
- Upcoming Govt. Jobs 2021: Apply Now For 30,000+ Vacancies
- SSC Calendar 2021: SSC CGL, CHSL and Other SSC Exams Revised Dates
- Calendar For Upcoming All Govt Exams 2021-22
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card 2021: Download Admit Card
- OSSSC Livestock Inspector Recruitment 2021: Apply Online for 565 Vacancy
- HSSC Calendar 2021: Exam Date Released For Various Posts
- Rajasthan Patwari 2021 Complete Batch | Live Classes By Adda247
- FCI AGM 2021 DV & Interview Schedule Out: Check Now
- Force: Definition, Unit, Formula, Effects And Types
- AAI ATC 2021 Result Out: Check Now
- SSC CGL Exam Analysis | Comparison With Last Year
- SSC CGL Exam Analysis 2020: Check All Shifts Exam Analysis Here
- Important Computer Questions for RRB Group-D Exam: Download FREE PDF Now
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions: Attempt Reasoning Quiz | Day 207
- MP Police Constable Recruitment 2021: 4000 Vacancies; Exam Postponed
- Punjab ETT Recruitment 2021: Apply Online for 6635
- PSPCL Recruitment 2021: Last Day Reminder for 2632 Lineman, ASSA, Clerk, Other Posts ,Check Details Here
- PSPCL Recruitment 2020: Punjab State Power Corporation Limited
- HSSC Male Constable (General Duty) Admit Card Out : Download Now
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions Attempt Maths Quiz | Day 207
- HSSC Recruitment 2021: Apply Online Process Re-Opened for 4323 Vacancies
- Study Plan For Railway Exams 2021 – RRB NTPC CBT 2 | RRB Group-D
- SSC CHSL Cut Off: Check SSC CHSL Cut Off Analysis of Last 5 years
- Tokyo Olympics
- SSC CHSL Exam Analysis 2021: Check Detailed SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Analysis for All shifts
- SSC CHSL Admit Card 2021 Out : Download Admit Card for All Regions
- SSC Constable Admit Card Out : Download PE & MT Call Letter
- ASRB ICAR Administrative officer (AO) and Finance & Accounts Officer (F&AO) Tier-I 2021 Online Test Series
- Volume of a Cylinder: Formula And Examples
- Adda247 is Hiring for Project Based Freelance; Apply Now
- North Central Railway Act Apprentice Recruitment 2021: Apply Online for 1664 Vacancy
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions: Attempt Reasoning Quiz | Day 206
- RRB Group D Syllabus: Check Detailed Railway Group D Syllabus
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions Attempt Maths Quiz | Day 206
- NWDA Exam Analysis Shift 3
- NWDA : NWDA Exam Analysis Shift 1 and 2
- SSC CGL Salary 2021: Check Post Wise In-hand CGL Salary after 7th Pay Commission
- RRB NTPC Salary, Job Profile And Allowances: Check RRB NTPC Salary After 7th Pay Commission
- List of Important Days in August : National And International Important Dates in August 2021
- SSC CHSL : Important Things to Keep in Mind While Going to the Exam Center
- SSC 2021-22 Exams: Topic-Wise ENGLISH Quizzes Daily
- Reasoning Quizzes For Railway Exams 2021: Attempt 1500+ Questions
- Maths Quizzes For Railway Exams 2021: Attempt 1500+ Questions
- General Awareness Quizzes For Railway Exams: Attempt Now
- RRB NTPC Cut Off: Check Stage 1 RRB NTPC Expected Cut Off
- SSC CPO Vacancy 2019-20 : Vacancies Increased to 2745 by SSC
- Punjab Police Constable Exam Syllabus 2021
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions: Attempt Reasoning Quiz | Day 204
- Target SSC Exams 2021-22 10000+ Questions Attempt Maths Quiz | Day 204
- SSC CHSL FREE Mock on 31th July & 1st August 2021 | Attempt Now
- HSSC Recruitment 2020: Apply Online Process Re-Activated for 1137 Vacancies
- Celebrating Ace Series Books Launch: Get 80% Off on All Books & ebooks, Use: ACE80
- How to Score 40+ Marks in Quant Section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2021
Important Topics to Cover in English
Preparation Tips For English
Improve your Vocabulary
THESAURUS: This is an easy way to study and learn new words. There are a lot of online thesauruses available where a word and its opposite words can be found in one place.
Keep a pocket notebook with you where you can jot down a few words every day and through the list frequently.
Improve your English Grammar:
Proper understanding of grammar usage is needed for attempting questions from the section – ‘English Language and Comprehension’. These types of questions are quite common in all competitive exams and mostly come in the form of questions like ‘spotting the errors’. Finding an error in a sentence is a step-by-step process. Students must follow grammar rules while solving such types of questions.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers:
Practice from previous years paper as much as you can. Don’t forget to follow the current structure of the exam.
Build a Proper Structure:
Follow a proper strategy and a time table for all the sections of question paper.
English Language Preparation Books and Video Course
Watch Important English Language Topics Videos Playlist