If you are preparing for any competitive exam it is very important to learn English Language and this language is used as an official language in most of countries around the globe and has become a prominent language for communication. English, just like any other language has its own semantics and symbols. The symbols are the mere alphabets and it’s the semantics part that you need to master.
Grammar and Vocabulary are the keys to master any language and the same is the case with English. Unlike mathematics, you need not learn and by heart one formula after another, you don’t have to perform any calculation here, you just need to understand the grammar rules and build your English Vocabulary.
All prominent Staff Selection Commission exams like CGL, CHSL, CPO, MTS, SSC Selection Post contain English Language Section as a part and parcel element. English Language is a lavish dish with ingredients like Grammar and Vocabulary. And to enrich the deliciousness of this dish, remembering Grammar rules comes handy which are thoroughly revised.
- Active and Passive Voice
- English grammar
- Letter Writing
- Sentence Completion
- Subject and Object
- Word Families
- Error Detection
- Reading Comprehension: This topic tests a student’s ability to comprehend a given passage and answer the questions associated with it as per his understanding.
- Cloze Test : This tests a student’s knowledge of vocabulary along with his reading skills. Here a passage is given with 5 to 6 blanks in between the lines, and a student must find a suitable word or phrase for those blanks.
- Fill in the Blanks: There are different types of fill in the blanks that you must practice for exam.
- Word Usage: Here students must identify an appropriate or inappropriate word.
- Error Detection: This is a test of the knowledge and understanding of grammar rules. Spelling errors can also be asked to check vocabulary.
- Sentence Rearrangement: These types of questions tests both a student’s reading skills as well as the knowledge of English Grammar.
Idioms and Phrases:Questions related to idioms and phrases can be encountered in the form of fill in the blanks or identifying the meaning or phrase replacement.
- Sentence Improvement: This is a test of English Grammar, where a student is expected to identify an improved version of a given sentence.
- Hindu Review For SSC, Railways & UP SI Exams 2021 [April Current Affairs]
- List of Exams postponed due to Covid-19 in 2021
- General Science Capsule for DFCCIL 2021: Download PDF Now
- DFCCIL Recruitment 2021: Apply Online for Jr Executive, Executive and Jr Manager Posts
- Eid Mubarak Super Offer
- AIIMS Rishikesh Recruitment 2021 Notification
- NWDA 2021 Exam Pattern
- EID 2021: Eid Mubarak To All Of You!
- RRB Group D Salary, Job Profile And Career Growth
- How to apply online for UP Police Recruitment 2021?
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | CA Quiz For SSC CGL : Day 129
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Quant Questions For SSC CGL : Day 129
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Reasoning Questions For SSC CGL : Day 129
- DFCCIL Exam Preparation Plan 2021: Practice Daily With Adda247
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | History Questions For SSC CGL: Day 129
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | English Quiz For SSC CGL : Day 129
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Chemistry Questions For SSC CGL : Day 129
- Bihar Police Fireman Exam Date 2021: Written Exam Postponed
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Economics Questions For SSC CGL: Day 128
- APSSB CHSL Recruitment 2021: Check Now
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | English Quiz For SSC CGL : Day 128
- SSSB Punjab Recruitment 2021: Apply Online for 967 Vacancies
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Physics Questions For SSC CGL : Day 128
- International Nurses Day 2021 On 12th May: Theme & Significance
- RRB Group-D Study Plan: Attempt Maths, Reasoning & GA Quizzes Daily
- RRB NTPC Answer Key Notification
- UP SI 2021 Study Plan: Attempt Topic-wise Quizzes Daily
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Reasoning Questions For SSC CGL : Day 128
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | CA Quiz For SSC CGL : Day 128
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Quant Questions For SSC CGL : Day 128
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 Free Mock
- SSC CGL Cut Off: Check SSC CGL Post Wise Previous Years Cut Off Marks
- RRB Group-D Maths Quizzes April, March & May 2021: Attempt Now
- RRB Group-D GA Quizzes April, March & May 2021: Attempt Now
- RRB Group-D Reasoning Quizzes April, March & May 2021: Attempt Now
- NWDA Recruitment 2021: National Water Development Agency (NWDA)
- National Technology Day: History, Significance and Interesting Facts
- Kerala State Pollution Control Board Recruitment 2021
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | English Quiz For SSC CGL : Day 127
- DFCCIL Previous Year Paper Exam Analysis [Civil]
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Chemistry Questions For SSC CGL : Day 127
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Geography Questions For SSC CGL: Day 127
- HPSSC Recruitment 2021: Notification Out For 379 Various Posts Check Now
- DFCCIL Electrical Exam Analysis: Topic-Wise Distribution & Syllabus
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Reasoning Questions For SSC CGL : Day 127
- Target SSC CGL | 10,000+ Questions | Quant Questions For SSC CGL : Day 127
- HPSSC Recruitment 2020: Apply Online for 1661 Steno Typist, Steno, JE & Other Posts
- Assam Police Recruitment 2020: Apply For 131 Stenographer, JA, Extension Officer and Other Posts
- Mock Tests For DFCCIL Exam 2021
- Rajasthan Police Constable 2019 – Final Answer Key
- Assam Police Recruitment 2020: Apply Online For 1283 Vacancies Of Constables, Firemen & Other Posts
- APSC Exams 2020: Apply Online For Assam Civil Services, Inspector and Other Posts
Important Topics to Cover in English
Preparation Tips For English
Improve your Vocabulary
THESAURUS: This is an easy way to study and learn new words. There are a lot of online thesauruses available where a word and its opposite words can be found in one place.
Keep a pocket notebook with you where you can jot down a few words every day and through the list frequently.
Improve your English Grammar:
Proper understanding of grammar usage is needed for attempting questions from the section – ‘English Language and Comprehension’. These types of questions are quite common in all competitive exams and mostly come in the form of questions like ‘spotting the errors’. Finding an error in a sentence is a step-by-step process. Students must follow grammar rules while solving such types of questions.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers:
Practice from previous years paper as much as you can. Don’t forget to follow the current structure of the exam.
Build a Proper Structure:
Follow a proper strategy and a time table for all the sections of question paper.
English Language Preparation Books and Video Course
Watch Important English Language Topics Videos Playlist