Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2020: Delhi Police has released a notification for the Constable post. Before applying to the post, it will be a good idea to go through the exam pattern and Syllabus of Delhi Police Constable. This will help candidates to get acquainted with the syllabus and strategies their preparation. The selection of candidates for the Delhi Police Constable post will be done on the basis of their performance in written exam and Physical endurance & Medical Test. In this post get complete details about the Exam Pattern, Syllabus of the Constable Recruitment Exam along with the physical standard and endurance.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 24 Months
- 12 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
|Organization Name||Delhi Police (Home Ministry)|
Delhi Police Constable Exam Selection Process
The Recruitment of Delhi Police Constable consists of four steps. Candidates have to pass each stage to get appear for the next steps and complete the recruitment process. The Exam Pattern the Physical Standard and test is based on the notice released by the Delhi Police. The Delhi Police Constable Selection process consists of the following test held in the given order.
- Written Test (Computer Based)
- Physical Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification
Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern
According to the notice released the written exam is of 100 marks, consists of 4 sections i.e, Reasoning, G.K, maths, and Computer. The written exam is the first stage of the recruitment process. The test is of one and a half hours time. Check the marks distribution and number of questions of each section in the table below.
|Subjects||Total Questions||Marks||Test Duration|
|Reasoning||25||25||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
|GK/ Current Affairs||50||50|
- The written exam is an Objective Type Test.
- The exam will be a Computer Based Online paper.
- There will be single paper consist of 100 Questions of 100 Marks.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer.
- The Question Paper is bilingual i.e., Hindi and English Language.
- The Written Exam paper is of 1 hour 30 minutes (90 Minutes) only
Delhi Police Constable Exam Subject Wise Syllabus
The Delhi Police Constable syllabus for the written exam has been mentioned below. Check out the Syllabus of each subject of the Police exam.
Delhi Police Quant Syllabus:-
- Time And Distance,
- True Discount,
- Decimal Fractions,
- Ratio And Proportion,
- Heights and Distances,
- H.C.F. and L.C.M of Numbers,
- Time And Work,
- Problems On Ages,
- Problems On Trains,
- Regular Polygon,
- Banker’s Discount,
- Chain Rule,
- Statistical Charts,
- Profit And Loss,
- Use of Tables and Graphs,
- Simple Interest,
- Boats And Streams,
- Problems On Numbers,
- Permutations And Combinations,
- Allegation Of Mixture,
- Operations On Numbers,
- Stock and Shares,
- Number System,
- Pipes And Cisterns,
- Fundamental Arithmetic Operations,
- Compound Interest,
- Volume, and
- Surface Area
Delhi Police General Awareness Syllabus:-
- Famous Places in India,
- Days and Years,
- Indian Politics,
- Honors and Awards,
- General Science,
- Indian Economy,
- Indian Geography,
- Books and Authors.
- Basic General Knowledge,
- Famous Personalities,
- Indian History,
- World Geography,
- World Organisations,
- Indian Culture,
- Current Affairs,
Delhi Police Reasoning Syllabus:-
- Logical Venn diagram,
- Puzzle test.
- Logical sequence test,
- Sitting arrangement,
- Blood relations,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Mathematical operations,
- Situation reaction test,
- Ranking & time sequence test,
- Inserting the missing characters,
- Alpha-numerical sequence puzzle,
- Direction sense test,
- Sequential output tracing,
- Number series,
- Eligibility test,
- Assertion and reason,
- Alphabet test,
- Arithmetical operations,
- Machine input,
Delhi Police Computer Knowledge Syllabus:
- MS Excel, Function and Formulas,
- Opening and Closing Documents,
- Elements of Word Processing,
- Elements of Spread Sheet,
- Video conferencing,
- eBanking, etc,
- WWW and Web Browsers,
- Services on the Internet,
- Editing of Cells,
- Formatting the Text and its presentation features,
- Web sites,
- Basics of E-mail,
- Web Browsing Software,
- Sending/receiving of Emails and its related functions,
- Text Creation,
- Search Engines,
- Word Processing Basics.
Delhi Police Constable Physical Standard Criteria
To qualify for the Delhi police constable, candidates are required to clear the Physical standard test. Failing to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Male Candidates
|Height||170 cms||Categories other than given below.|
|165 cms||Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh. and For ST candidates and sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
|Chest||81-85 (Minimum 4 cms expansion)||5 cms relaxation for residents of Hill areas as listed above, ST, and for sons of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
- For Female Candidates
|Height||157 cms||Categories other than given below.|
|155 cms||For residents of Hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya , Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh. and SC/ ST candidates.|
|152 cms||Daughters of either serving, retired or deceased Delhi Police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police.|
Delhi Police Constable Recruitment Physical Endurance Criteria
- For Male Candidates: Physical Standard of Physical Endurance Test for male candidates including ex-servicemen and Departmental candidates have been provided below
|Age||Race 1600 Mtrs||Long jump||High jump|
|Up to 30 years||6 Minutes||14 Feet||3’9″|
|Above 30 to 40 years||7 Minutes||13 Feet||3’6″|
|Above 40 years||8 Minutes||12 Feet||3’3″|
- For Female Candidates: Physical Standard of Physical Endurance Test for female candidates including ex-servicemen and Departmental candidates have been provided below
|Age||Race 1600 Mtrs||Long jump||High jump|
|Up to 30 years||8 Minutes||10 Feet||03 Feet|
|Above 30 to 40 years||9 Minutes||09 Feet||2’9″|
|Above 40 years||10 Minutes||08 Feet||2’6″|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the selection process for the Delhi Police Constable exam?
The candidates get selected on the basis of their performance in written, physical and medical and the scrutiny of their documents.
Q. What is the total marks of the Delhi Police Constable written exam?
The total marks for the Delhi Police Constable written exam is 100 marks.
Q. Is there any negative marking for the Delhi Police Constable written exam?
Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer.
Q. What is the time limit for the Delhi Police Constable written exam?
A total of 1 hour and 30 minutes (90 minutes) is allotted for the Delhi Police Constable written exam.