UPSC IAS Salary After 7th Pay Commission
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will soon release the notification of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) recruitment 2020 on its official website @upsc.gov.in. What is the salary of an IAS Officer? This question raises a lot of curiosity among UPSC aspirants. With great packages and allowances, UPSC IAS officer is the most sought-after job in the country. A career in the Indian Administrative service is a dream of many young aspirants in the country. With a high pay scale, allowances, fame, and status, IAS is considered a top government job. Let’s take a look at the UPSC IAS salary after the 7th Pay Commission.
UPSC IAS Cut Off Prelims & Mains
UPSC IAS Salary: Total In-Hand Salary
The UPSC IAS salary after the training will be between 73,000 to 86,000 depending upon the city. The detailed salary structure of an IAS officer has been provided below.
|Pay Level of Posts||Level 10|
|Payscale||50,000 – 1,50,000|
|Posts||ASP/SDM/ Asst. Commissioner|
|HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (24%)||13,464|
|Y Cities (16%)||8,976|
|Z Cities (8%)||4,488|
|DA (Current- 17%)||9,537|
|Travel Allowance||Cities- 7200 +DA, Other- 3600 + DA|
|Gross SalaryRange (Approx)
(After training is over)
Now, during the training period, the IAS officers will not be entitled to the HRA and TA, therefore, the gross salary of an IAS officer will be Rs 65,637 during training.
UPSC IAS 2020 Exam: Syllabus, Eligibility, Age Limit, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern
UPSC IAS Perks of an IAS Officer
- Impressive accommodation that is usually big bungalow with sprawling lawns at minimal rates
- Household help, gardener, cooks, servants, and security guards
- Official vehicles for commuting
- Free electricity at their accommodation
- Freephone call facility
- High level of job security in the risk-prone areas
- Option for taking study leave abroad
UPSC IAS Salary Career Growth
The career growth of an IAS officer with the pay level and basic pay is given below. The basic pay at the entry-level increases by 3% each year at the starting level.
|Grade||Post||No. Of Years||Old System||New System|
|Grade Pay||Pay Scale(INR)||Pay Level||Basic Pay (INR)|
|Junior or Lower Time Scale||ASP/SDM/ Asst. Commissioner||1-4||5400||15600 – 39100||10||56100|
|Senior Time Scale||ADM/Deputy Secretary/ Undersecretary||5-8||6600||15600 – 39100||11||67700|
|Junior Administrative||DM/ Joint Secretary/ Deputy Secretary||9-12||7600||15600 – 39100||12||78,800|
|Selection Grade||DM/ Special Secretary cum director/ Director||13-16||8700||37400 – 67000||13||1,18,500|
|Selection Grade||Divisional Commissioner/ Secretary Cum Commissioner/ Joint Secretary||16-24||8700||37400 – 67000||14||1,44,200|
|Super Time Scale||Divisional Commissioner/ Principal Secretary/ Additional Secretary||25-30||12000||37400 – 67000||15||1,82,200|
|Above Super Time Scale||Additional Chief Secretary||30-33||NA||80000 (Fixed)||16||2,05,400|
|Apex Scale||Chief Secretary||34-36||NA||90000 (Fixed)||17||2,25,000|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||Cabinet Secretary of India||37+ years||NA||90000 (Fixed)||18||2,50,000|
UPSC IAS Job Profile
- Handling affairs of the government includes framing, implementing, and reviewing the policies of the government.
- Consulting the various departments and their elected representatives for the execution of policies
- Management and payment of various funds of the central government allocated for different schemes.
- Supervising if the implementation of various schemes is done properly and policies of the government are being executed
- Quick action to emergencies such as natural disasters, major accidents, and riots in their jurisdiction and organizing relief activities.
UPSC IAS Salary: FAQ
Q.What is the starting salary of an IAS officer after the 7th Pay Commission?
Ans: The starting basic salary of an IAS officer is Rs. 56,100 per month.
Q. What are the perks of an IAS Officer?
Ans: IAS officers get many perks in the service. The detailed information is provided in the article.