UPPSC Cut Off
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission released the PCS notification 2020 inviting applications from eligible citizens. Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria and willing to apply must go through the UPPSC Cut off of previous years. The cut off will help you determine the possibility to crack the exam. The UPPSC Cut off marks for preliminary and mains are released after the declaration of results. Check out the cut off marks for all category provided below.
UPPSC PCS Cut Off For Prelims
UPPSC PCS Prelims Exam
The preliminary exam consists of 2 papers with General Studies and CSAT consisting of a total of 400 marks.
|Paper-1 – General Studies I||150||200 marks||2 Hours|
|Paper-2 – General Studies II (CSAT) Qualifying in Nature||100||200 marks||2 Hours|
- The preliminary exam consists of objective type MCQs.
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination is a qualifying paper and the minimum qualifying marks are fixed at 33%.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC PCS Prelims Cut Off 2018
The preliminary uppsc cut off 2018 exam has been mentioned below for the executive group and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination.
|Category||Cut Off For
|Cut off For
|SC of UP||112||123|
|ST of UP||90||136|
|OBC of UP||126||–|
|Women of UP||116||126|
Factors Affecting the UPPSC Preliminary Cut off
The UPPSC cut off depends on various factors. All the factors must be taken into consideration to clear the cut off:
- The number of vacancies to be filled in the examination
- The difficulty level of exam
- Paper 1 exam as the marks scored in only Paper 1 will be counted
- Number of students appearing in the exam increasing the competition
- Whether applying for the executive group or ACF/RFO posts
- Your category
How many questions do you need to attempt to clear the Prelims Cut off?
Candidates must look at the previous year’s Uppsc cut off carefully. After going through it, you must go through the previous year’s paper. It will give you an idea of the level of exam and questions asked in the exam. Your attempts will depend on the difficulty level. You can set a basic target based on previous year papers. Mock test will surely help you with good attempts.
UPPSC PCS Mains Cut Off
The mains examination is conducted for the candidates qualifying the cut off for the preliminary exam. The mains exam is descriptive and you need to qualify it to appear for the next round i.e. difficulty level. The mains cut off will also depend on factors such as difficulty level, candidates etc.
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam
The UPPSC PCS mains exam is descriptive in nature. You need to write the answers by a conventional method. The subjects asked in the Mains exam are as follows:
|Paper Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Hindi||150||3 Hours|
|General Studies – I||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – II||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – III||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – IV||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper I||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper II||200||3 Hours|
- UPPSC Exam Calendar 2020: Download Calendar PDF
- UPPSC Salary Structure: Posts, Pay Scale, Job Profile And Promotion