TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023: The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the examination for the Group–II posts (interview and non-interview (CCSE-II) vacancies). The selection process for TNPSC group 2 consists of 3 stages namely Preliminary, mains, and interview round. In this article, we are providing the aspirants who are preparing for the exam with a detailed topic-wise TNPSC Group 2 syllabus 2023 and exam pattern. Check out the detailed TNPSC syllabus for preliminary and mains examination.
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023: Overview
All the crucial details related to TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 are mentioned below.
|TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023|
|Exam||TNPSC Group 2 Exam|
|Conducting Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|TNPSC Group 2 Selection Process||
|Duration of Exam||
|Language of Exam||English, Tamil|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus: Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be held in 3 phases:
- Mains: This will comprise 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II.
- Interview: The interview will be held for the candidates who wish to appear or as per the cut-off set by the Commission.
Group 2 (Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2 is done on the basis of the preliminary exam, main written exam, and Interview/Personality Test.
Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2A is done based on marks obtained in them in the written exam only.
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern is discussed below.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum marks||Qualifying Marks|
|Preliminary Exam||3 hours||300||90|
|1 hour 30 minutes||100||25|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus: Scheme of Examination
TNPSC Preliminary Examination Pattern
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims is a screening test for candidates to be selected for the Main Examination. It is qualifying in nature, and the marks obtained by the shortlisted candidates in the TNPSC Preliminary exam will not be included in the final scores.
|Subject||Duration||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|General Tamil/General English (S.S.L.C. Std.)||3 hours||100||300||90|
|General Studies (degree standard)||75|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Std.)||25|
Note– The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2023: Notification, Age Limit, Eligibility, Syllabus & Salary
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus For Prelims
TNPSC Preliminary examination The topics for the examinations for TNPSC Group – II posts are given below:
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus-> General English (S.S.L.C. Std.):-
|Part A-> Grammer|
|1. Match the following words and phrases given in Column A with their meanings
in Column B.
2. Choose the correct ‘Synonym’ for the underlined word from the options given.
3. Choose the correct ‘Antonym’ for the underlined word from the options given.
4. Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix).
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article.
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition.
7. Select the correct Question Tag.
8. Select the correct Tense.
9. Select the correct Voice.
10. Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle).
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object…).
12. Fill in the blanks with correct Homophones.
13. Find out the Error (Articles, Preposition, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb).
14. Select the correct sentence.
15. Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb).
16. Select the correct Plural forms.
17. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence).
18. Identify the correct Degree.
19. Form a new word by blending the words.
20. Form compound words (eg.: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun).
21. British English – American English.
|Part B-> Poetry|
|(a) Figures of Speech
(Alliteration – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Onomatopoeia – Anaphora
– Rhyme Scheme – Rhyming Words – Repetition, etc.)
(b) Poetry Appreciation
(c) Important LinesLIST OF POEMS
1. Life – Henry Van Dyke
2. I am Every Woman – Rakhi Nariani Shirke
3. The Secret of the Machines – Rudyard Kipling
4. The Ant and The Cricket – Adapted from Aesop’s fables
5. No Men are Foreign – James Falconer Kirkup
6. The House on Elm Street – Nadia Bush
7. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening – Robert Frost
8. A Poison Tree – William Blake
9. On Killing a Tree – Gieve Patel
10. The Spider and the Fly – Mary Botham Howitt
11. The River – Caroline Ann Bowles
12. The Comet – Norman Littleford
13. The Stick-together Families – Edgar Albert Guest
14. Special Hero – Christina M. Kerschen
15. Making Life Worth While – George Elliot
16. A Thing of Beauty – John Keats
17. Lessons in Life – Brigette Bryant & Daniel Ho
18. My Computer Needs a Break – Shanthini Govindan
19. Your Space – David Bates
20. Sea Fever – John Masefield
21. Courage – Edgar Albert Guest
22. Team Work – Edgar Albert Guest
23. From a Railway Carriage – Robert Louis Stevenson
24. Indian Seasons – Nisha Dyrene
25. A Tragic Story – William Makepeace Thackeray
|Part C-> Literary Works|
|I. LIST OF PROSE
1. His First Flight – Liam O’Flaherty
2. The Tempest – Tales From Shakespeare
3. The Last Lesson – Alphonse Daudet
4. The Little Hero of Holland – Mary Mapes Dodge
5. The Dying Detective – Arthur Conan Doyle
6. Learning the Game (Book Extract) – Sachin Tendulkar
7. The Cat and the Painkiller (An Extract from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer)
– Mark Twain
8. Water – The Elixir of Life – Sir C.V.Raman
9. The Story of a Grizzly Cub – William Temple Hornaday
10. Sir Isaac Newton – Nathaniel Hawthorne
11. My Reminiscence – Rabindranath Tagore
12. The Woman on Platform 8 – Ruskin Bond
13. The Nose Jewel – C.Rajagopalachari
14. A Birthday Letter – Jawaharlal NehruII. Biographies of –
Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller –
Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham
III. General Comprehension
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus->General Studies (degree standard)
|UNIT-I: GENERAL SCIENCE|
(i) Scientific Knowledge and Scientific Temper – Power of Reasoning – Rote Learning vs Conceptual Learning – Science as a tool to understand the past, present and future.
|UNIT-II: CURRENT EVENTS|
(i) History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in news – Sports – Books and authors.
|UNIT-III: GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA|
|UNIT–IV: HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA|
|UNIT-V: INDIAN POLITY|
|(i) Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State and Union Territory.
(ii) Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
(iii) Union Executive, Union Legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local Governments, Panchayat Raj.
(iv) Spirit of Federalism: Centre – State Relationships.
(v) Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of Law.
(vi) Corruption in Public Life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lok Ayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of Women -Consumer Protection Forums, Human Rights Charter.
|UNIT-VI: INDIAN ECONOMY|
|UNIT-VII: INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT|
|UNIT-VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movements in Tamil Nadu|
|History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
|UNIT–IX: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus: Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
|(i) Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
(ii) Ratio and Proportion.
(iii) Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
(iv) Logical Reasoning – Puzzles-Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alpha numeric Reasoning – Number Series.
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Written Exam Pattern
TNPSC mains examination consists of 2 papers. Check out the TNPSC mains written exam pattern given below:
|Paper 1||Tamil to English Translation||Total Marks: 100
Qualifying Marks: 40
Duration: 3 hours
|English to Tamil Translation|
|Essay Writing on Thirukkural|
|Letter writing (Official)|
|Paper II||General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive Type)||Total Marks: 300
Qualifying Marks: 102
Duration: 3 hours
|Interview and Records (Wherever applicable) (Marks-> 40)|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus For Mains Exam
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam will be written in nature. It comprises two papers- Paper I and Paper-II.
- Paper I -> where candidates must do Tamil to English Translation and English to Tamil Translation and Precis Writing, Comprehension, Hints Development and Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’ and Letter writing.
- Paper II-> General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive Type)
Take a look at the TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus.
TNPSC Group 2 Paper-I Syllabus
- Title 1 – Tamil to English translation
- Title 2 – English to Tamil translation
- Title 1 – Precis writing
- Title 2 – Comprehension
- Title 3 – Hints Development
- Title 4 – Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’
(a) Significance as a Secular literature
(b) Relevance to Everyday Life
(c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
(d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality,
(e) Relevance to Socio- Political- Economic affairs
(f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Title 5 – Letter writing – Official
Preparing For TNPSC Exam? Register Here For Free Study Material
|Check the Latest Govt Jobs Notifications|
|UPSC Notification 2023||Patna High Court Assistant Recruitment|
|Kanpur Cantt Recruitment 2023||CAPF Medical Officer Recruitment 2023|
|UPPSC Civil Judge Recruitment 2023||Post Office Recruitment 2023|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023: FAQs
Q. What is the marking scheme for TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam will be of 300 Marks, Mains will have two papers out of which Paper-I will be qualifying in nature of 100 marks, Paper-II will be of 300 Marks, and the interview will carry 40 marks.
Q. What is the mode of TNPSC Group 2 Examination will it be conducted online or offline?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be conducted offline.
Q. What is the language of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be conducted in English and Tamil.
Q. What is TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
Ans. TNPSC Group 2 Exam is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission which is responsible for conducting CCSE-II exams for different posts under Group 2 (Interview Posts) and 2A (Non-Interview Posts).