SSC Stenographer is organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in central government organizations. It is one of the most sought after govt. job and lakhs of students apply for it every year. SSC Stenographer 2020 recruitment exam for Grade C & D was scheduled to be conducted from 05-05-2020 to 07-05-2020. However SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade C&D Exam has been Postponed due to COVID-19 Lockdown. Now the Stenographer Exam will be conducted from 10th to 12th September 2020. The commission will release the SSC Stenographer 2020 notification on 4th August 2020 and candidates can apply for the same till 3rd September 2020. Read about all the information related to SSC Stenographer exam like exam date, admit card date, selection process, syllabus, and salary structure.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
SSC Stenographer Important Dates
|SSC Stenographer 2019-20 Notification|
|Application form||20th September 2019|
|Last date for registration||18th October 2019|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Exam||10.09.2020-12.09.2020|
|Skill Test Exam||–|
|SSC Stenographer 2020-21 Notification|
|Last date for registration||03.09.2020|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Exam||01.12.2020 to 03.12.
|Skill Test Exam||–|
- SSC Stenographer Salary: Job Profile & Career Growth
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern For Tier – 1 and 2
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019: Check Detailed Syllabus
- Check Latest Calendar released by SSC
SSC Stenographer Vacancy
Vacancies of Stenographer Grade “C‟ and Stenographers Grade “D‟ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country. SSC Stenographer vacancies for previous year exams have been listed below.
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1129||1434||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||214||39||429|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D :
Stenographer Grade ‘C’
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Stenographer Grade ‘D’
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
|3||PH + Gen||
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC Stenographer Educational Qualification
Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Note: Only those candidates who have the required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice|
|Tier – II||Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier-1 Pattern
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 3 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is negative marking in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.25 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 2 hours 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test in Stenography for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
The skill test will be of qualifying nature. The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows:-
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of the Skill Test of the candidate during the examination.
Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. And Detailed options for various posts and Departments will be taken from candidates either online or at the time of document verification.
Final Selection for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D -> Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification (DV).
- If the candidates do not indicate the medium of stenography test in the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test for such candidates.
- There is no exemption from the skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
- VH candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English Shorthand or in 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ and in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test for the post of Stenographer Grade‘C’.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centres as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
Since the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ is comprised of 2 different levels, we must deal with SSC Stenographer Syllabus independently.
Syllabus for written examination
General Intelligence & Reasoning: The General Intelligence and reasoning section is the calculative one out of the three sections. It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on the following topics:
- Similarities and differences,
- Space visualization,
- Analysis, judgement, decision making,
- Visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning, & arithmetical number series,
- Verbal and figure classification, non-verbal series etc.
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability /cerebral palsy affected candidates and opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Paper.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ 2017: 15004
Stenographer Grade ’D’ 2017 Result
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)