SSC JE Exam Pattern 2019
SSC JE 2019 Exam will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission of India to recruit eligible candidates to the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical etc.) across country. Many candidates must be curious to know about the detailed SSC JE exam pattern to prepare for the exam thoroughly. Lets take a look at the SSC JE exam Pattern.
- Click Here For SSC JE Syllabus 2019 for Paper I & II
- Check SSC JE Previous year cut off
- Check SSC JE Salary Structure & Job Profile
SSC JE Exam Pattern in detail:
SSC JE exam pattern will consist of two Papers i.e. Paper-I (Computer Based Examination) and Paper-II (Descriptive Type).
SSC JE Exam Pattern: Paper-I
Paper 1 will consist of objective computer based examination with a total of 200 questions for 200 marks. Here are the details for the SSC JE exam pattern paper 1.
|Papers||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hrs.|
|(ii) General Awareness||50||50|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR||100||100|
|Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) OR|
|Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)|
SSC JE Exam Pattern: Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
Based on the normalized marks scored in the (Paper-I) i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II. It will consist of descriptive type questions for a total of 300 marks. Here are the details for the SSC JE exam pattern paper II.
|Paper – II||Marks||Time|
|Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)||300||2 Hrs.|
|Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)||300||2 Hrs.|
|Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 Hrs.|
Important Points to remember:
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per option given in the application form filled by the candidate.
- The candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contracts) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/ her answer sheet (PaperII) will not be evaluated.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
- Marks scored by candidates in Paper-I will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- Based on the performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification.