SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2019
Today is the last day to apply for SSC CHSL 2018-19 Notification. This recruitment includes the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO). The last date to apply online is 5 April, 2019. For all those who are yet to apply, its time to not delay further to prevent the last minute hussle.
|Dates for submission of online applications:||05.03.2019 to 05.04.2019|
|Last date for receipt of application:||05.04.2019 (up to 5.00 P.M.)|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan:||07.04.2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||09.04.2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):||01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019|
|Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper):||29.09.2019|
SSC CHSL Pay Scale:
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL 2019 Educational Qualification
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
SSC CHSL 2019 Age criteria
SSC CHSL 2019 Fee Structure
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation) are exempted from paying application fee as per extant Government Orders.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2019 Tier-I (Objective type)
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2018-19 Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 2019 Exam Pattern
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL 2019 Tier-III Examination (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
Skill Test is mandatory for DEO. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
Data Entry Speed -> 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Duration -> 15 (Fifteen) minutes
Skill Test for the post of DEO in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):
Data Entry Speed -> 15,000 (Fifteen thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Duration -> 15 (Fifteen) minutes
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
The choice of Typing Test given by the candidate in the online Application Form shall be treated as final and no change in the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
10500 key depressions per hour
Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
9000 key depressions per hour
Document Verification (DV):
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents.
SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade ‘A’ and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in Tier-II Examination. Tier-III Examination is qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all the qualified candidates.
- Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test .
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.