Railway Goods Guard Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth
Railway jobs are a dream of lakhs of candidates as it offers good pay scale with perks and benefits. Indian Railway consists of the fourth largest network of railroads in the world. Indian railways jobs can be obtained by appearing for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. RRB NTPC notification was released in 2019 and its examination was conducted from 28th December 2020 to 31st July 2021 in 7 phases. Railway Goods guard in the pay level 5 is one of the posts under RRB NTPC. Let’s take a look at the total in-hand and gross salary for Railway Good Guard as per the 7th pay commission. Know about the Railway Goods guard Salary, Job Profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Goods Guard Vacancy & Initial Pay
The initial pay for goods guard is 29,200 where the total vacancies are 5748.
RRB NTPC goods guard Initial pay
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway commercial apprentice Salary [CLICK HERE]
Railway Good Guard Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The total in-hand salary for Railway goods guard will be approximately Rs 41,316 including the allowances as per the 7th pay commission. You will have to undergo the training of 45 days in respective Zonal training institutes.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||4964/-|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||2336/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||Rs 41,316|
Job Profile of Goods guard
- To get the Vehicle Guidance (VG) which is a written document including the information about the number of wagons, load tonnage of individual wagons, their tare weight, and total tonnage.
- To conduct checks on the entire train in order to ensure for any loose ends that might threaten its smooth running.
- To ensure brake continuity with the Loco Pilot and its smoothness. He makes sure that the train has sufficient brake power
- To sign the Brake Power certificate (BPC) after ensuring its mobility
- To monitor the formation while it is in motion for any abnormalities.
- Prepare various train report. viz., Combined Train Reports, Late Arrival Reports
- To identify and address minor troubles experienced during the movement of the train along with Loco Pilot or Assistant Loco Pilot.
- No fixed timings of work
- To monitor the functioning of the vehicle
- To conduct checks for loose ends in the train
- To identify and address minor issues while train is moving
- To ensure brake continuity
- Works with Station Master and communicates information about arrival and departure of trains, etc.
Railway Goods Guard Allowances
There are also many more things a candidate gets in the service as Allowances. They have been mentioned below.
- Dearness Allowances
- Travel Allowances
- House Rent Allowances
- Running Allowances: this allowance is given on the basis of the monthly kilometer of the run.
- Medical Allowances etc.
RRB NTPC Goods Guard Career growth
Goods guard Educational Qualifications
For RRB NTPC Goods guard post, the minimum educational qualification required is a graduate degree.
Goods guard Age Limit
The age of the candidates at the time of applying for the RRB recruitment must be between 18 to 33 Years.
RRB NTPC Goods guard Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for this post are A2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below.
fit in all
Goods guard Selection Process
The selection process for Goods guard is done through the RRB NTPC examination. It will include 4 stages with 2 online CBT followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.