National Unity Day
National Unity Day (also known as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas) is celebrated every year on the 31st of October by the people all through India. It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who unified the country. National Unity Day was introduced by the Government of India in 2014, and it is celebrated every year on October 31st to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and promote the importance of national unity and integration. The aim of introducing this event is to pay tribute to the great man, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, on his birth anniversary by remembering his extraordinary works for the country.
Who Was Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
Quotes By Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, known as the “Iron Man of India” for his pivotal role in uniting the nation, had many inspirational quotes that reflect his wisdom and commitment to the principles of unity, freedom, and justice. Let’s discuss some of the famous quotes by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel below:
- “There is something unique in this soil, which, despite many obstacles, has always remained the abode of great souls.”
- “My only desire is that India should be a good producer and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the country.”
- Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.”
Significance Of National Unity Day
National Unity Day, celebrated on 31 October 2023 holds immense importance in promoting unity and patriotism
- National Unity Day is a special day where we remember and honor Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a very important leader in India’s history. He helped bring our country together after we got our independence, and that’s why he’s called the “Iron Man of India.”
- This day also reminds us how important it is for all of us to come together as one nation. We celebrate the idea of ‘One India’ and remember how Sardar Patel worked hard to make sure all the different regions in our country became a single, united nation. It’s like a big family coming together.
- National Unity Day awakens feelings of love for our country and a strong sense of pride among the people. It reminds us of the brave sacrifices made by those who fought for our freedom and emphasizes the importance of keeping our nation united.