Table of Contents
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023: The Haryana Public Service Commission is conducting the Haryana Civil Services 2023 Exam to fill 100 vacancies for the HCS Executive and Other Allied Services in Haryana State. The HPSC HCS 2023 exam is scheduled on 21st May 2023. The commission also released the HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 and Syllabus with official notification pdf. The HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 is divided into three stages- Prelims, Mains, and Interviews. It means candidates have to cross three stages of selection in order to clear the Haryana Civil Services. For this, candidates be familiar with the HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023.
Haryana HPSC HCS Exam Pattern
The Haryana HPSC HCS Exam Pattern will help the candidates to understand the scheme of the examination. As mentioned above, there are three stages in which candidates need to qualify in order to crack the Haryana Civil Services- Prelims, Mains, and Interview. All the stages have a different exam pattern and candidates must be well aware of it. The HCS Prelims 2023 is scheduled to take place on 21st May 2023 and the HCS Mains is scheduled for July/August 2023. The dates for the interview will be released soon.
Check the Haryana HPSC HCS exam pattern for Haryana Civil Services Preliminary, Mains, and Interview examinations below.
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern Overview
Candidates can check the details of the Haryana Civil Services Examination 2023 in the overview table below.
HPSC HCS Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Exam Conducting Body
|Haryana Public Service Commission
|Haryana Civil Services (HPSC HCS)
|Executive Branch & Other Allied Services
|No. of Vacancies
|Prelims, Mains, Interview
|Nature of Examination
Merit- Mains & Interview
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 for Prelims
The first stage of selection in the Haryana Civil Services Exam is the Preliminary or the Prelims Exam. The HCS Prelims is a qualifying stage. Based on the Preliminary Examination result, candidates twelve times the number of advertised posts + bracketed candidates, if any, in order of merit, are admitted to the HCS Main Examinations stage. Check the HPSC HCS Exam Pattern for the Prelims Exam below.
- There will be two papers in the prelims examination- Paper I General Studies and Paper II CSAT.
- In the CSAT or the Civil Services Aptitude Test, candidates need to secure a minimum of 33% to qualify for this paper.
- Both the question papers will be of objective type with 5 options in each question. If a question is not attempted, candidates need to circle the corresponding fifth bubble to avoid mark deduction.
- Both Paper I and Paper II will be 100 marks each and the time duration will be two hours for each paper.
- For each wrong answer, one-fourth (0.25) mark will be deducted.
- Both the Question papers shall be set bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi.
- The result of the preliminary examination will be based on the marks obtained in Paper– I only, provided that the candidate has scored 33% marks in Civil Services Aptitude Test (Paper – II).
|Cut-off as set by HPSC
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 for Mains
Candidates who will qualify for the HCS Prelims round will appear for the Haryana Civil Services Mains Examination. Check the HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 for Mains Examination below.
- The HPSC HCS mains examination will consist of four papers and the questions will be of conventional/essay type.
- Each paper will be 3 hours in duration.
- Paper IV will be an optional paper; where candidates have to select any one subject out of the 29 subjects offered by HPSC for the optional paper.
|English (including English Essay)
|Hindi (including Hindi Essay)
HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 for Interview
The final stage of selection as per the HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2023 is the Interview stage. Candidates who will qualify for the HCS Mains stage will be called for the Haryana Civil Services Interview round. The board will examine certain qualities of the candidates like mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance or judgment, variety, and depth of interest, the ability for social cohesion and leadership, and intellectual and moral integrity. The total mark for the interview is 75 marks.
The final selection will be based on the merit list prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Written Examination and Viva-voce/ Personality Test i.e. out of 675 marks.
|Check related links:
|HPSC HCS Salary 2023
|HPSC HCS Exam Date 2023
|HPSC HCS Syllabus 2023
|HPSC HCS Recruitment 2023