How SSC CGL 2022 Exam is different from SSC CGL 2021?
Staff Selection Commission has notified SSC CGL 2022-23 Notification PDF on the official website on 17th September 2022 for the recruitment of Group B and C officers under the Central Government with approximately 20,000 vacancies. Staff Selection Commission is one of the reputed organizations which conducts the Combined Graduate Level 2022 exam with a huge number of vacancies to get selected as a reputed officer with a handsome salary.
This year Staff Selection Commission has introduced various changes in the SSC CGL 2022 Notification with drastic and big changes in the selection process as well as exam pattern. Lets us understand deeply and clearly “How SSC CGL 2022 is different from SSC CGL 2021?”
SSC CGL 2022 Major Changes
Here are some of the changes that are introduced in the SSC CGL 2022.
- The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam is now qualifying in nature.
- The SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam will decide the final selection and the rank will be assigned to qualified candidates.
- SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will contain 3 papers i.e. Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
- SSC CGL Tier 2- Paper 1 will have three sections- each with 2-modules.
- Computer Knowledge Test & Data Entry Speed Test is also included in Tier II Section 3.
- Paper I is Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper II will be only for those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Paper III will be only for those candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Section 1 of Paper 1 includes Mathematics Abilities and Reasoning. Section 2 of Paper 1 comprises English Language and Comprehension, as well as General Awareness, and Section 3 will be qualifying in nature, with Computer Knowledge Test and Data Entry Speed Test.
- The English language paper will have more weightage in Tier 2 having 35% weightage.
Comparison between SSC CGL Old and New Exam Pattern
The below table will give you the difference between old and new exam patterns.
SSC CGL 2021-22 Selection Process
SSC CGL 2022-23 Selection Process
Important Links related to SSC CGL 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the selection process for SSC CGL 2022?
Ans: The SSC CGL 2022 selection will be based on Tier 1 and Tier 2.
Q. How many sections are there in SSC CGL Tier 1?
Ans: There will be 4 sections in SSC CGL Tier 1.
Q. How many sections are there in SSC CGL Tier 2?
Ans: There are 3 papers in SSC CGL Tier 2.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC CGL Tier 1 exam?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.50 marks in all sections in Tier 1.