Swachh Survekshan 2022
The Swachh Survekshan 2022 is the Seventh edition of Swachh Survekshan. President Droupadi Murmu presented awards as part of Azadi@75 Swachh Survekshan 2022.
- Indore has been ranked as the cleanest city of India for the sixth year in a row, while Surat is the second cleanest city and Navi Mumbai is third in the category of cities with a population more than a lakh.
- Madhya Pradesh is the cleanest state in the country.
- In the population category of less than one lakh, Panchgani and Karad from Maharashtra bagged the first and third positions respectively, while Patan from Chhattisgarh bagged the second position.
- Tirupati received the best city award in Safai Mitra Suraksha category, while Haridwar in Uttarakhand received the award for the best Ganga town in more than one lakh population cities.
- Bijnor ranked first among Ganga towns with less than one lakh population, followed by Kannauj and Garhmukhteshwar.
- Maharashtra’s Deolali was adjudged the country’s cleanest Cantonment Board.
- Tripura got the cleanest State award in the “less than 100 urban local bodies category”.
About Swachh Survekshan
It is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns across India. It has been launched as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (specifically under SBA-Urban).
It was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) with Quality Council of India (QCI) as its implementation partner.
It was launched on 2nd October 2014 to make India clean and free of open defecation by 2nd October 2019.
The SBA was split into two SBA-Gramin which is monitored by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Ministry of Jal Shakti and urban SBA-Urban, being overseen by the MoHUA.
SBM-U 2.0 was launched on 1st October, 2021, with primary focus on ensuring complete access to sanitation facilities for all. The vision of a Garbage Free India is an initiative under SBM-U 2.0. The vision of a Garbage Free India under SBM-U 2.0 was given further impetus by announcing the results of 7-star and 5-star rated cities under the Star Rating Protocol of Garbage Free Cities.
Swachh Survekshan 2022 – FAQs
Q. Swachh Survekshan 2022 has been released as which edition of SSM?
Ans. Swachh Survekshan 2022 is the 7th edition of Swachh Survekshan.
Q. Which city has topped Swachh Survekshan 2022 as the cleanest city?
Ans. Indore has been ranked as the cleanest city of India for the sixth year in a row.
Q. Which state is the cleanest in Swachh Survekshan 2022?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh is the cleanest state in the country.
Q. Swachh Survekshan has been launched by?
Ans. It was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).