FCI Syllabus 2023
FCI Syllabus 2023: The FCI syllabus is the most important thing that is required to be understood by the candidates who are preparing for the FCI exam. This year Food Corporation of India has announced to fill a total number of 5156 vacancies among which 113 posts are of FCI Manager and 5043 posts are of FCI Assistant Grade 3. This is a great opportunity for all the job seekers who are looking for a reputed Government Job. This year FCI has changed the old exam pattern therefore FCI aspirants must be aware of the new exam pattern to prepare as per the requirement of the exam. In this article, we have covered the FCI syllabus 2023 for the post of FCI Manager as well as the FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023.
Interested and eligible candidates must begin their preparation to grab this golden opportunity with having huge number of vacancies for various posts. The candidates must pull up their socks and start looking for the FCI Syllabus 2022. Candidates can go through the FCI Recruitment 2022-23 notification to check other details.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Overview
FCI has released the FCI Recruitment 2022-23 Notification for categories 2 and 3 on its official website. The FCI Syllabus 2023 detailed overview is been presented in the below table. Candidates must have a look at the FCI eligibility, FCI Notification details, etc.
|FCI Syllabus 2023: Overview|
|Organization||Food Corporation of India|
|Category||2 and 3|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Category||FCI Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|FCI Manager Online Registration||27th August 2022 to 26th September 2022|
|FCI AG 3 Online Registration||6th September 2022 to 5th October 2022|
|Selection Process||Online Test & Interview|
|Salary||Rs. 50,000- 1,80,000/|
FCI Exam Pattern 2023
In this article, we have provided the FCI Syllabus and exam pattern so that candidates can understand what they need to study. We advise candidates, to read the full article and gather information about the FCI Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
FCI Selection Process 2023
The Selection Process will be different for each category and the candidate has to qualify for the required stages. The post-wise selection process is as follows:
|For Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering)||Online Computer Based Test, Interviews, Training|
|For Manager (Hindi)||Online Computer-Based Test & Interview|
|Category 3 posts||Online Test- Phase 1 & Phase 2|
FCI Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023
The candidates who are preparing for the FCI Recruitment 2022-23 must check the detailed FCI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 for Category 2 and 3 which includes manager-level posts comprising of Manager (General), Manager (Depot), Manager (Accounts), Manager (Technical), Manager (Civil Engineering), Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering), and Manager (Hindi).
Exam Pattern of FCI Category 2: Phase-I
The FCI Manager (Category 2) preliminary examination will be conducted in online mode. It consists of 4 sections with a total of 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks. The FCI Category 2 Phase I exam pattern is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||15 minutes|
|English Language||25||25||15 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
|General Studies||25||25||15 minutes|
FCI Category 2 Exam Pattern: Phase-2
In phase 2 there will be a single paper for Manager (General) and Manager (Depot). Paper 2 will be a post-exam which will be conducted for the Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering), Manager (Civil Engineering), Manager (Technical), and Manager (Accounts). Candidates can check the FCI Category 2 exam pattern from the table given below
|Number of Papers||Post|
|One Paper Exam||Paper I only||Manager (General)|
|Two Paper Exam||Paper I and Paper 2||Manager (Accounts)|
|Manager (Civil Engineering)|
|Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering)|
|Paper 3 and Paper IV||Manager (Hindi)|
FCI Category 2 Exam Pattern: Phase-2 (Paper 1)
|Section||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||25||25||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||20 Minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||20 Minutes|
|General Studies||45||45||30 Minutes|
In the table given below, candidates can check the description of the exam patterns for the phase 2 exam.
|FCI Manager (Category 2) Phase 2 Pattern|
|Type of paper||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper – I||120||120||90 Minutes|
|Post specific Paper-2 (in phase 2)||60||120||90 Minutes|
|Paper-3 for the Post of Manager (Hindi)||120||120||90 Minutes|
|Paper-IV (Only for the Post of Manager (Hindi)||1 Passage for translation from Hindi to English1 Precis Writing in English1 Passage for translation from English to Hindi
1 essay in Hindi
|30 marks each – A total of 120 marks||90 Minutes|
|FCI Assistant Links:-|
|FCI Assistant Grade 3 Salary 2022||FCI Assistant Grade 3 Cut off 2022|
|FCI Assistant Grade 3 Recruitment||FCI Assistant Grade 3 Apply Online 2022|
FCI Manager Syllabus 2023
The FCI Syllabus for Phase I is common for all the posts under category 2. In phase 1 there will be three sections i.e. Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. In the table given below, we have provided the section-wise FCI syllabus with all the topics.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Direction & Distance||Simplification||Reading comprehension|
|Syllogism||Missing Series||Cloze Test|
|Alphanumeric Series||Wrong Series||Phrase Replacement|
|Inequality||Quadratic Equation||Odd Sentence Out cum Para Jumbled|
|Coding-Decoding||Number system, LCM & HCF||Inference, Sentence Completion|
|Clocks & Calendars||Data Interpretation (Bar, Line, Pie, Tabular)||Connectors|
|Semantic Analogy||Average, Ratio, Percentage, Profit & Loss||Paragraph Conclusion|
|Odd One Out||Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Phrasal Verb-Related Questions|
|Venn Diagram||Problems on Ages||Error Detection/Sentence-based Error|
|Circular/Triangular/Square/Rectangular Seating arrangement||Time & Work, Pipes & Cisterns||Word Usage/Vocab-based Questions|
|Linear row/Double row arrangement||Speed, Distance & Time||Sentence Improvement|
|Floor-based Puzzle||Probability||Error Correction|
|Box-based Puzzle||Mensuration||Idioms & Phrases|
|Day/Month/Year/Age-based Puzzle||Permutation & Combination||Word Swap|
|Comparison/Categorised/Uncertain Puzzle||Mixture & Allegation||Misspelt|
|Statement & Assumption||Partnership||Word Rearrangement|
|Alphabets-based Questions||Boat & Stream||Column-based Sentences & Fillers|
FCI Manager Syllabus 2023: Post-Wise (Phase 2)
The syllabus given below is post-wise FCI Syllabus 2023 for all the posts. The post-specific paper will be of 120 marks carrying 60 questions. Candidates must go through the FCI Syllabus 2022 given below.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Accounts Manager Post
- Basic Accounting concepts including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management:(a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working
Capital management(d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: (a) Income Tax including the filing of the return, TDS, Advance Tax, etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
- Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods(b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act
(e) Consumer Protection Act(f) RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers(c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats(f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Technical Manager
- Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
- Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
- Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect Pests, Vertebrate Pests.
- Chemistry-Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
- PFA Act, 1964, Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to
information Act, 2005
FCI Syllabus 2023: Civil Engineering Manager
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology Selection of the site for the construction, Planning, and orientation of buildings, Ventilation, air conditioning, and acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, and Asphalt.
- Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement, etc.
- Construction Practice, Planning, and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process, Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Laboursafety, and welfare.
- Surveying: Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, and tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/Geotechnical Engineering Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
- Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub-base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats, etc.
- Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts, and use of Computer Aided Design.
- Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures; Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression, and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, and Staircases.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick, RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles, etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Electrical Engineering Manager
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Planning, and Control Material Handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements, Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production, and Transmissions), Electromechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing, Use of computers.
Click here to download the Adda247 app for free study material
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023
FCI will conduct the online exam in two phases for category 3 posts. Phase 1 exam will be of 100 marks carrying 100 questions. The complete FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2022 can be checked from the link provided below.
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern 2023: Phase I
The online exam of FCI Assistant for phase 1 will be common for all the posts i.e. depot, accounts, general, technical, Hindi(AG), and Stenographer. The test structure for the Prelims Online exam is as follows
|Section||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||25||25||15 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||15 Minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||15 Minutes|
|General Studies||25||25||15 Minutes|