Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus 2019
Delhi Police head constable Recruitment 2019 notification is out. It comes as an amazing opportunity for all aspirants to work as a constable in Delhi Police. A total of 554 vacancies has been released for both males and females. This post will enlighten you regarding the Delhi Police head constable syllabus 2019. The complete syllabus of the computer-based examination and computer (formatting) Test has been provided in this post. Check out the details below.
- Check Delhi Police head constable exam pattern here
- Delhi Police Head Constable (Ministerial) Official Notification Out: CHECK HERE
- Delhi Police Head Constable Salary: Check Perks & Allowances
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: Computer Based exam
The Computer-based exam consists of 100 questions with 5 subjects to be attempted in 90 minutes. Let’s take a look at the exam pattern of the computer-based exam before knowing the complete syllabus.
|Max Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General Awareness||20||20||90 Minutes|
|Part B||Quantitative Aptitude
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
|Part C||General Intelligence||25||25|
|Part D||English Language
|Part E||Computer Fundamentals,
MS Excel, MS Word,
WWW, and web browsers, etc
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: General Awareness
The General Awareness section contributing 20 marks will test your knowledge of the environment and current events. The detailed syllabus of Delhi Police head constable General Awareness section is given below:
- Knowledge of environment/observations
- Current Affairs
- Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries
- Economic Scene
- Indian Economy
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Questions related to Scientific Aspect
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative aptitude section contributing 20 marks will test your knowledge of basic arithmetic skills. The detailed syllabus of Delhi Police head constable Quantitative Aptitude is:
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence, and similarity of triangles,
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only).
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: General Intelligence
This section consists of 25 marks and would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The topics of Delhi Police Constable syllabus for General Intelligence is given below:
- Semantic Analogy,
- Symbolic operations,
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Space Orientation,
- Semantic Classification,
- Venn Diagrams,
- Symbolic/ Number Classification,
- Drawing inferences,
- Figural Classification,
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding,
- Semantic Series,
- Figural Pattern—folding and completion,
- Number Series,
- Embedded figures,
- Figural Series,
- Critical Thinking,
- Problem Solving,
- Emotional Intelligence,
- Word Building,
- Social Intelligence,
- Coding and de-coding.
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: English Language
This section consists of 25 marks and would include questions from the below-mentioned topics:
- Spot the Error,
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Synonyms/ Homonyms,
- Spellings/Detecting misspelled words,
- Idioms & Phrases,
- One-word substitution,
- Improvement of Sentences,
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs,
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration,
- Shuffling of Sentence parts,
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage,
- Cloze Passage,
- Comprehension Passage.
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: Computer Fundamentals
This subject consists of 10 marks and will include questions from Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers, etc. The details of the topics are given below:
- Elements of Word Processing (Word Processing Basics, Opening, and Closing Documents, Text Creation, Formatting the Text and its presentation features).
- MS Excel (Elements of Spread Sheet, Editing of Cells, Function and Formulas).
- Communication (Basics of E-mail, Sending/receiving of Emails and its related functions).
- Internet, WWW and Web Browsers (Internet, Services on Internet, URL, HTTP, FTP, Web sites, Blogs, Web Browsing Software, Search Engines, Chat, Video conferencing, e-Banking), etc.
Delhi Police Head Constable Syllabus: Computer (formatting) Test
The candidates who qualify the typing on a computer shall be called for Computer (Formatting) Test and will be tested on MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Excel which will be of qualifying nature. 20 features of formatting will be tested in each test. The following features will be tested in each test as given below:
MS-Word Time: 10 minutes
|(i)||Indenting of paragraphs||(xi)||Superscript|
|(iii)||Using different font type||(xiii)||Page numbering|
|(iv)||Inserting of paragraph numbers||(xiv)||Insertion of symbol|
|(v)||The setting of left/right margin||(xv)||Draw/Insertion of table|
|(vi)||Select text in bold||(xvi)||Bullets/Numbering|
|(viii)||Using different font size||(xviii)||Setting of paragraphs|
|(ix)||Centre, left, right, justification||(xix)||Some text as Header|
|(x)||Line spacing of the passage, viz. single, double, etc.||(xx)||Some text as Footer|
MS- PowerPoint Time: 10 minutes
|(i)||Insert Header||(xi)||Background style of slide|
|(ii)||Use text box||(xii)||Design of Slide|
|(iii)||Create Hyperlink||(xiii)||Print handout|
|(iv)||Insert Chart/Graph||(xiv)||Insert clipart|
|(v)||Drawing of Table||(xv)||Insert Footer|
|(vi)||Insert auto number in table||(xvi)||Slide Numbering|
|(vii)||Insert bulletin table||(xvii)||Insert Picture|
|(viii)||Insert shapes||(xviii)||Publish handout with MS Word|
|(ix)||Insert Smart art||(xix)||Insert action|
|(x)||Insert text with WordArt||(xx)||Alignment of text|
MS-Excel Time: 10 minutes
|(i)||Insert Chart/Graph||(xi)||Format cell as rupee|
|(ii)||Wrap text||(xii)||Insert clipart|
|(iii)||Merge cells||(xiii)||Font size|
|(iv)||Centre a Text||(xiv)||Font style|
|(v)||Centre align as text||(xv)||Font color|
|(vi)||Orientation of text||(xvi)||Insert footer|
|(vii)||Bold a text||(xvii)||Sort data|
|(viii)||Underline a text||(xviii)||Insert formula|
|(x)||Insert header||(xx)||Format cell as number and decimal places|