UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) has released an official notification PDF to conduct a Preliminary Eligibility Test (PET) for the recruitment of Group C & Various Other Posts. UPSSSC PET exam is an Eligibility Test conducted for the recruitment of Group B and C posts. The UPSSSC PET exam will be qualifying in nature. The syllabus for the Preliminary Eligibility test has been released by the Commission on the official website. In this article, we are going to discuss the syllabus in detail for the UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus 2022 in English.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus
The Preliminary Exam Test is scheduled for 15th and 16th October 2022 by the Commission on the official website. UPSSSC PET plays an important role for the candidates who want to work with Uttar Pradesh Government. UPSSSC PET Exam Dates cover the major examinations such as UP Assistant Statistical Officer, UP Lekhpal, UP Village Development Officer, etc. PET is the preliminary test on basis of which the candidates will be called for the Mains Exam of various posts. Before preparing for PET 2022, the candidates must know about the detailed Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Overview
The UPSSSC PET 2022 notification is published on the official website on 28th June 2022. The UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022 overview has been tabulated below. UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022 download pdf from the below article.
|Organization Name||Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||Preliminary Eligibility Test for Group B & C various posts|
|UP PET 2022 Notification||28th June 2022|
|Apply Online Dates
||28th June 2022 to 27th July 2022|
|UPSSSC PET Exam Date 2022(प्रारम्भिक अर्हता परीक्षा 2022)||15th and 16th October 2022|
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022 in English
UPSSSC is going to conduct UPSSSC PET 2022 for the recruitment of Group “B” and “C” posts. The pattern of examination will be CBT based and the maximum time allocated is 2 hours. There will be a total of 100 questions of 1 mark each and a ¼ mark will be deducted for incorrect response and 1 mark will be awarded for correct response. Candidates may have a look at the UPSSSC PET 2022 overview given below.
|Purpose of Examination||For Recruitment on Group “B” and “C” posts|
|Pattern of examination||MCQ based on a single correct response|
|Time Allocated||2 hours|
|Exam Date||18 September 2022|
|No. of items (questions)||100|
|Total Marks allocated||100|
|Negative marking||Yes, ¼ mark will be deducted for incorrect response and 1 mark will be awarded for correct response.|
UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern 2022
UPSSSC has proposed a two-tier examination system for upcoming exams due to the high number of candidates applying for limited posts.
- The UPSSSC PET 2022 exam will be conducted offline for a duration of 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4 (0.25) marks for each incorrect answer.
- There will be 100 questions for 100 marks.
- The exam will be conducted in two Tiers which are as follows:
Tier 1 – PET Exam
Tier 2 – Mains Exam/Skill Test/ Physical Test
UPSSSC PET Tier I Exam Pattern 2022
- The mode of examination will be offline.
- It is an intermediate level of examination.
- The examination will be of 100 marks for 100 questions for 2 hours.
- UPSSSC has also made a provision of 1/4 negative marking for every wrong answer.
- The questions will be asked from subjects: General Knowledge, Science, General Hindi & Unseen Passage, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, and Figures & Graph
The below table shows the distribution of marks as well as questions asked in the examinations.
|S No||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||Indian National Movement||05||05|
|5||Indian Constitution & Public Administration||05||05|
|13||Analysis of 2 unread passages||10||10|
|15||Table Interpretation Analysis||10||10|
UPSSSC PET Syllabus
UPSSSC PET Question Paper will be divided into 5 Parts. We are providing you with the topics that will be covered in the upcoming Preliminary Eligibility Test. Here is the detailed topic-wise syllabus for the UPSSSC PET 2022.
- General Intelligence
- General Knowledge
The topics and the total number of questions, total marks according to the topics for the 100 marks and 100 questions for 2 hours.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Logical Reasoning
- Order & Ranking
- Blood Relations
- Calendar & Watch
- Coding-Decoding – Numbers and Letters
- Cause & Effect
- Conclusive Reasoning
- Large & Small
- Negative Reasoning – Statement Analysis and Decision
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: General Awareness
- India’s Neighbors
- Countries, Capitals, and Currencies
- The Indian States & UTs
- Indian Parliament
- National and International Days and their Importance
- World Organization and Headquarters
- Indian Tourism Destination
- Indian Art & Culture
- Indian & International Sports
- Indian Research Institutes
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Climate Change and Environment
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: General Hindi
- Antonyms words
- A word or phrase
- Synonym word
- Equivalent words
- Common errors
- Writers & Compositions- Prose & Poetry
- Unseen Passage
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: General English
- English Grammar
- Questions on Passage
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: General Science
- Basic Physics
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Biology
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Indian History & National Movement
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Vedic Culture
- Gupta Dynasty
- Maurya Dynasty
- Rajput period
- Sultanate period
- Mughal Empire
- Legislative Amendment and the British India Act, 1935
- Quit India Movement
- The Rise of the British Raj and the first freedom struggle
- Social and Economic Impact of the British Raj
- The early years of the Independence Movement
- Swadeshi and Civil Disobedience Movement
- Revolutionary Movement and the Rise of Extremism
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Geography
- Political Geography of India and the World
- Climate and Weather
- Time Zone
- Population Change and Migration
- Physical Geography of India and the World: River and its Valleys, Groundwater resources, Desert and dry areas, Mountains and glaciers, and Mineral resources
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Indian Economy
- Economic reforms in 1991 and the economy thereafter
- Post-2014 economic reforms: Agricultural reforms, Structural reforms, Labor reforms, Financial improvement, and GST
- Indian Economy from 1947 to 1991: Planning commission and five-year plans, Green revolution, Development of mixed economy: private and public sector, Milk development, and operation flood, Nationalization, and reforms of banks
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Indian Constitution & Public Administration
- Indian Constitution: Salient features of the Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Parliamentary system, Federal system, Union, and Union Territories, and Union State Relations, Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court
- District Administration
- Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: Elementary Arithmetic
- Whole Numbers, Fractions, and Decimals
- Simple Arithmetic Equations
- Exponent and Powers
- Square and Square Roots
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022: FAQs
Q. Which subjects will be included in PET 2022?
Ans. The questions will be asked from subjects including General Knowledge, Science, General Hindi & Unseen Passage, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, and Figures & graphs.
Q.What will be the mode of the UPSSSC PET Exam 2022?
Ans. The UPSSSC PET Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Q.Is there any negative marking in UPSSSC PET?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for the UPSSSC PET 2022?
Ans: The important dates for UPSSSC PET 2022 are released on the notification.
Q. What is the pattern of UPSSSC PET 2022?
Ans: There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 mark each in UPSSSC PET 2022.
Q. What is the expected exam date for UPSSSC PET 2022?
Ans: The expected exam date for UPSSSC PET 2022 is 15th and 16th October 2022.
You may also like to read: