Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) has released an official notification PDF to conduct a Preliminary Eligibility Test (PET) for the recruitment of Group C & Various Other Posts. The application process has been started on 25th May 2021 till 21st June 2021. The syllabus for the Preliminary Eligibility test has been released by the Commission on the official website. The interested candidates can apply online through the Official Website i.e @upsssc.gov.in before the last date. In this article, we are going to discuss the syllabus in detail for the UPSSSC PET 2021.
The Preliminary Exam Test dates will be released by the Commission on the official website. UPSSSC PET plays an important role for the candidates who want to work with Uttar Pradesh Government. UPSSSC PET covers the major examinations such as UP Assistant Statistical Officer, UP Lekhpal, UP Village Development Officer, etc. PET is the preliminary test on basis of which the candidates will be called for the Mains Exam of various posts. Before preparing for PET 2021, the candidates must know about the detailed Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
UPSSSC 2021: Exam Pattern
UPSSSC has proposed a two-tier examination system for upcoming exams due to the high number of candidates applying for limited posts.
- Tier 1 – PET Exam
- Tier 2 – Mains Exam/Skill Test/ Physical Test
Tier 1 – PET Exam Pattern 2021
- The mode of examination will be offline.
- It is an intermediate level of examination.
- The examination will be of 100 marks for 100 questions for 2 hours.
- UPSSSC has also made a provision of 1/4 negative marking for every wrong answer.
- The questions will be asked from subjects: General Knowledge, Science, General Hindi & Unseen Passage, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, and Figures & Graph
The below table shows the distribution of marks as well as questions asked in the examinations.
|S No||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||Indian National Movement||05||05|
|5||Indian Constitution & Public Administration||05||05|
|13||Analysis of 2 unread passages||10||10|
|15||Table Interpretation Analysis||10||10|
UPSSSC PET 2021 Syllabus
UPSSSC PET Question Paper will be divide into 5 Parts. We are providing you the topics that will be covered in the upcoming Preliminary Eligibility Test. Here is the detailed topic-wise syllabus for the UPSSSC PET 2021.
- General Intelligence
- General Knowledge
The topics and a total number of questions, total marks according to the topics for the 100 marks and 100 questions for 2 hours.
|Topics||Total Marks/ Questions|
|Indian National Movement||05|
|Indian Constitution & Public Administration||05|
|Logic & Reasoning||05|
|Analysis of 2 unread passage||10|
|Graph interpretation and analysis||10|
|Table interpretation and analysis||10|
Exam Syllabus for UPSSSC PET 2021 Examination is given below:-
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Logical Reasoning
- Order & Ranking
- Blood Relations
- Calendar & Watch
- Coding-Decoding – Numbers and Letters
- Cause & Effect
- Conclusive Reasoning
- Large & Small
- Negative Reasoning – Statement Analysis and Decision
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: General Awareness
- India’s Neighbors
- Countries, Capitals and Currencies
- Indian States & UTs
- Indian Parliament
- National and International Days and their Importance
- World Organization and Headquarters
- Indian Tourism Destination
- Indian Art & Culture
- Indian & International Sports
- Indian Research Institutes
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Climate Change and Environment
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: General Hindi
- Antonyms words
- A word of phrase
- Synonym word
- Equivalent words
- Common errors
- Writers & Compositions- Prose & Poetry
- Unseen Passage
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: General English
- English Grammar
- Questions on Passage
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: General Science
- Basic Physics
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Biology
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Indian History & National Movement
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Vedic Culture
- Gupta Dynasty
- Maurya Dynasty
- Rajput period
- Sultanate period
- Mughal Empire
- Legislative Amendment and the British India Act, 1935
- Quit India Movement
- The Rise of British Raj and first freedom struggle
- Social and Economic Impact of the British Raj
- The early years of the Independence Movement
- Swadeshi and Civil Disobedience Movement
- Revolutionary Movement and the Rise of Extremism
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Geography
- Political Geography of India and the World
- Climate and Weather
- Time Zone
- Population Change and Migration
- Physical Geography of India and the World: River and its Valleys, Groundwater resources, Desert and dry areas, Mountains and glaciers, and Mineral resources
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Indian Economy
- Economic reforms in 1991 and the economy thereafter
- Post-2014 economic reforms: Agricultural reforms, Structural reforms, Labor reforms, Financial improvement, and GST
- Indian Economy form 1947 to 1991: Planning commission and five-year plans, Green revolution, Development of mixed economy: private and public sector, Milk development and operation flood, Nationalization and reforms of banks
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Indian Constitution & Public Administration
- Indian Constitution: Salient features of the Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Parliamentary system, Federal system, Union, and Union Territories, and Union State Relations, Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court
- District Administration
- Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions
UPSSSC PET Syllabus: Elementary Arithmetic
- Whole Numbers, Fractions and Decimals
- Simple Arithmetic Equations
- Exponent and Powers
- Square and Square Roots
UPSSSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021: FAQs
Q. Which subjects will be included in PET 2021?
Ans. The questions will be asked from subjects including General Knowledge, Science, General Hindi & Unseen Passage, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, and Figures & Graph.
Q.What will be the mode of UPSSSC PET Exam 2021?
Ans. The UPSSSC PET Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Q.Is there any negative marking in UPSSSC PET?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking for 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for the UPSSSC PET 2021?
Ans: The last date to apply online for the UPSSSC PET 2021 is 21st June 2021.
You may also like to read: