UP Police SI Syllabus 2020: UP Police will release the recruitment notification for the post of Sub Inspector (SI). The UP Police SI syllabus has been provided in the post given below. Therefore, it is advisable to prepare for the UP Police SI Exam 2020. Go through the UP Police syllabus and exam pattern that will help you understand the important topics to be asked in the exam that have weightage marks so that you can get to put extra effort into those topics.
UP Police SI Syllabus 2020: Highlights
|Recruitment For the post of||UP Police Sub Inspector (SI)
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
About SSC Maha Pack
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
Validity: 1 Month
SSC Maha Pack
3999 266/monthBUY NOW
यूपी पुलिस के सब इंस्पेक्टर
|Name Of The Exam||UP Police SI|
|Name Of The Organization||Uttar Pradesh Recruitment and Promotion Board|
|UP SI Vacancy||9534|
|Job Type||U.P.Government Job|
|No. of Sections||Four|
|Name of the Sections||
|Total Marks in UP Police
|Qualifying Marks||Minimum 35 % Marks in each subject &
Overall 50% Marks
UP Police SI Syllabus 2020: Exam Pattern
- The test will be available for UP Police SI in both Hindi and English language except for General Hindi
- The online test for UP Police SI exam will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions or MCQs.
- Time Duration for the Online Exam is 120 Minutes (02 Hour)
- UP SI Online Exam will be for a total of 400 Marks comprising of 160 questions in total.
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks
- Each section will have 40 Questions & 100 Marks.
- There is No Negative Marking in UP Police SI Exam.
- The Qualifying marks in each subject will be 35 marks.
UP Police SI Exam Pattern 2020
|Subject Name||No. Questions||Marks||Composite Time|
of 120 Minutes
|Basic Law/ Constitution/
मूल कानून / संविधान / सामान्य ज्ञान
|Numerical & Mental Ability Test
संख्यात्मक और मानसिक क्षमता परीक्षण
|Mental Aptitude Test/
Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning
मानसिक योग्यता परीक्षण/ इंटेलिजेंस क्वोटिएंट टेस्ट/रीजनिंग
UP Police SI Syllabus 2020
- General Hindi
- Numerical & Mental Ability Test
- Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
- Mental Aptitude Test/ Intelligence Quotient Test/ Reasoning
UP Police SI Syllabus For General Hindi
The UP Police SI Syllabus for General Hindi/सामान्य हिंदी is listed below:
- Hindi & Other Indian languages/ हिंदी और अन्य भारतीय भाषाएँ
- Hindi Grammar/ हिंदी व्याकरण
- Antonym, Synonym/एंटोनियम, पर्यायवाची
- One word Substitution/एकार्थी शब्द
- Tatasam and tadbhav/तत्सम एवं तदभव
- वाक्यांशों के लिए शब्द निर्माण
- लोकोक्तियाँ एवं मुहावरे
- त्रुटि से सम्बंधित अनेकार्थी शब्द
- वाक्य संशोधन
UP Police SI Syllabus For Numerical & Mental Ability Test
The UP Police SI Syllabus for Numerical and Mental Ability Test is listed below:
Numerical Ability Test
- Number System
- HCF LCM
- Use of Table & Graph
- Decimal & Fraction
- Compound and Simple Interest
- Profit & Loss, Discount
- Time & Work, Distance
- Ratio & Proportion
- Mensuration & Miscellaneous
Mental Ability Test
- Logical Diagrams
- Symbol-Relationship Interpretation
- Codification Perception Test
- Word formation Test
- Letter and number series
- Word and alphabet
- Common Sense Test
- Letter and number coding
- Direction sense Test
- Logical interpretation of data
- Forcefulness of argument
- Determining implied meanings
UP Police SI Syllabus 2020 For Basic Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
- Human Rights
- Traffic Rules
- National Security Issues
- Principle of Crime Punishment
- Right of Self Defence
- General Knowledge about Law
- General Knowledge about Indian Constitution
- Aim of the Constitution
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive principles
- Rules & Regulations of constitutional Amendments
- All India Service
- Information about social Law related to women children
- Reservation of SC/ ST, Environment
- Wild Life Conservation
- General Science
- Award and Honours
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs of National & International Importance
- Indian Politics & Economics
- Questions from the events that happen in daily life specially from perspective of General Science.
- Indian History: Focus will be on Knowledge of Financial, Social, Religious & Political Parties. Under Indian Freedom Movement knowledge about Nature & Specialty of Indian Freedom Movement, Rise of nationalism & How we get Freedom is expected.
- World Geography: General Knowledge will be tested about Physical/ Ecology of India, Economical, Social, Demographic Issues.
UP Police SI Syllabus For Mental Aptitude Test/ IQ Test/Reasoning
Mental Aptitude Test
Attitude towards the following:
- Law and order
- Communal harmony
- Crime Control
- Rule of law
- Ability of Adaptability
- Professional Information (Basic level)
- Police System
- Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order
- Basic Law
- Interest in Profession
- Mental toughness
- Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged
- Gender sensitivity
Intelligence Quotient Test
- Relationship and Analogy Test
- Spotting out the dissimilar
- Series Completion
- Direction Sense Test
- Blood Relation
- Problems based on the alphabet
- Time sequence test
- Venn Diagram and chart type test
- Mathematical ability Test
- Arranging in order
- Visual memory
- Space visualization
- Observation, Relationship
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships
- Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions
- Analysis and Judgment
UP Police SI Physical Standard Test, PST
The candidates who will qualify the written test for the UP Police SI will appear for the Physical Standard Test. The required physical standards for the post:
UP Police SI PST
|Gen/OBC/SC||168 cms||79-84 cms|
|ST||160 cms||77-82 cms|
Female Candidates should at least weigh 40 kgs.
Male Candidates should have minimum 5 cms of chest expansion.
UP Police SI Physical Efficiency Test, PET
Candidates who clear the Physical Standard test will qualify for the Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates have to cover a certain distance in a specific time period, details of which are mentioned below
|Race||4.8 km to be completed
within 28 minutes
|2.4 km to be completed
within 16 minutes
UP Police SI syllabus 2020: FAQs
Q. What is the selection process for the UP Police Sub Inspector Post?
Ans. The selection for the UP Police Sub Inspector will comprise of a written test, Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Standard Test.
Q. What is the syllabus for UP Police SI?
Ans. The UP Police SI Syllabus will comprise of General Hindi/सामान्य हिंदी, Basic Law/ Constitution/General Knowledge/ मूल कानून / संविधान / सामान्य ज्ञान, Numerical & Mental Ability Test/ संख्यात्मक और मानसिक क्षमता परीक्षण, and Mental Aptitude Test/ Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning/ मानसिक योग्यता परीक्षण/ इंटेलिजेंस क्वोटिएंट टेस्ट/रीजनिंग
Q. Is there negative marking in UP Police SI Exam?
Ans. No, there will not be negative marking in UP Police SI Exam 2020.
Q. Will the question paper be set in English or Hindi?
Ans. The UP Police SI Syllabus will be set in both hindi and english.
Q. What is the duration of the UP Police SI Test?
Ans. The duration for the examination for UP Police SI will be 120 minutes.
Q. Will the test for UP Police SI be conducted in offline mode or online mode?
Ans. the UP Police SI Test will be conducted only in online mode.