TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021: Notification, Age Limit, Eligibility, Syllabus & Salary are provided in this post. The notification for the examination for the direct recruitment under the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) for the Group 4 posts is likely to be released in the first week of September 2021. The exam is conducted in an offline mode followed by document verification and final joining. The final joining is conducted by the respective departments which were assigned by the commission based on their marks. The exam is conducted in an offline mode followed by document verification and final joining. The application of the exam will be only Online. In this article, you can find all the details you need to know regarding this recruitment process. The following services are included in the TNPSC Group 4 exam:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
For your best preparation, Adda247 is providing Online LIVE batches for TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2021. Click on the below-given links to join the best online live batch:-
For free study material in the Tamil language for the TNPSC exam, you can download the “Adda247 app” or register here:-
Important links for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021:
- TNPSC Group 4 Posts and Pay Scale
- TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
- TNPSC Group 4 Scheme of Examination
- TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
- TNPSC Group 4 Application Fee
- TNPSC Group 4 Educational Qualification
- TNPSC Group 4 Age Limit
TNPSC Group IV Notification: Vacancy
The no. of vacancies will be updated with the release of the notification. The candidates may get recruited for the following posts.
|Post Code||Name of the post||Vacancy|
|2025||Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer||Available Soon|
|2600||Junior Assistant (Non – Security)||Available Soon|
|2400||Junior Assistant (Security)||Available Soon|
|2500||Bill Collector Grade-I (Post Code:)||Available Soon|
|2800||Field Surveyor||Available Soon|
|2300||Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Available Soon|
TNPSC Group 4 Posts and Pay Scale
The details of posts for TNPSC Group – IV exams 2021 and their respective Scale of pay are given below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Post||Name of the Service and Service Code No.||Payscale|
|1||Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer (Post Code 2025)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service (Service Code. 050)||Rs.19,500 – 62,000/-
|2||Junior Assistant (Non – Security) (Post Code: 2600)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service (Service Code. 006)|
|3||Junior Assistant (Security) (Post Code: 2400)|
|4||Bill Collector Grade-I (Post Code: 2500)|
|5||Field Surveyor (Post Code: 2800)||Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service (Service Code. 006)|
|6||Draftsman (Post Code: 2900)|
|7||Typist (Post Code: 2200)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service / Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service (Service Code. 006)|
|8||Steno-Typist (Grade–III) (Post Code: 2300)||Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service (Service Code. 006)||Rs.20,600 – 65,500/-
TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates for certificate verification will be announced on the Commission’s website.
After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates will be summoned for Counselling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category to which they will be eligible as per the vacancy position.
- Candidates can choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the last 100 items apart from answering the first 100 items on General Studies and Aptitude
- The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective
TNPSC Group 4 Application Fee
• TNPSC Group IV Online Registration Fee is Rs.150; this one-time registration is valid for 5 years; candidates having already registered are not required to pay the registration fee.
• Examination Fee – Rs.100
Note – Certain exemptions are applicable to the examination fee, details for which are available in the official notification for TNPSC Group – IV recruitment.
TNPSC Group 4 Educational Qualification
There are different educational qualification requirements for the vacancies of VAO, typist, and steno typist grade III, field surveyor, and junior assistant and bill collector. The details of the same are below:
• Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Junior Assistant (Security), Junior Assistant (Non-Security), Bill Collector, and Draftsmen: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
• Typist: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and Government Technical Examination in typewriting.
• Steno-Typist (Grade – III): The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses, as well as Government Technical Examination both in typewriting and shorthand.
• Field Surveyor: For the recruitment to the post of a field surveyor, other things being equal, preference would be given to the candidates who are trained in the survey in industrial training institutes.
Computer Qualification (Typist and Steno typist):
Candidates should have passed the certificate course in computer on office automation awarded by the technical education department for the post of Typist and Steno typist to be eligible for TNPSC Group IV.
Knowledge in Tamil
Applicants should also have a working knowledge of the Tamil Language.
TNPSC Group 4 Age Limit
Age Limit on the date prescribed in the official notification:
Village Administrative Officer Age limit:
• For the post of village administrative officer, the candidate should be at least 21 years of age and less than 30 years of age. However, for the reserved category candidates, the applicants should be less than 40 years of age.
• For ex-servicemen, the maximum age for application is 53 if the applicant belongs to SC/ST/ MBCs, BCs, or BSMs in any of these categories.
• For ex-servicemen candidates not belonging to any of the categories, the maximum age is 48 years.
Age Limit for Other Posts:
Age limit for the post of Junior Assistant, Junior Assistant (Security), Bill collector-Grade –I, Field Surveyor, Draftsmen, Typist, and Steno-Typist Grade-II are as follows:
• For SC/ST and destitute widows of all castes, the minimum age is 18 years while the maximum age is 35 years.
• For the candidates belonging to most backward class/ de-notified communities, backward class, and backward class (Muslim), the minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years.
• For the candidates not belonging to SC/ST/ MBCs /DCs, BCs, and BCMs, the minimum age is 18 years while the maximum age is 30 years.
• The persons who are trained in ITI, in respect of the post of field surveyor and draftsmen should be more than 18 years and should be less than 35 years of age.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 4 paper has 300 questions and the duration of the exam is three hours. All the questions will be Objective type. The candidates need to score more than the minimum qualifying marks.The latest pattern of the TNPSC Group 4 exam is as follows:
|Exam Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type (SSLC Standard)||General Studies||75||300||90||3 Hours|
|General Tamil / General English||100|
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
The topics for the examinations for TNPSC Group – IV posts are given below:
|Topics for TNPSC Group – IV Examination|
|General Studies – Objective type (SSLC Standard)|
|General Science – Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology|
|Current Events – History, Political Science, Economics, Science|
|History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu|
|Indian National Movement|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test|
|General English – Objective type (SSLC Standard)|
|Literature – Poetry, Biographies of Indian and international leaders, Oscar Wild, Shakespeare, places, essays, and British/American English.|
|Authors and Their Literary Works – Poetry, Story, biography, Characters, Drama, Folk Arts, and Famous Quotes.|
|General Tamil – Objective type (SSLC Standard)|
|Details are available in the official notification.|
TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021 FAQs
Q. When will the TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021 Notification release?
The TNPSC Notification is likely to be released in the first week of September 2021.
Q. What should be the age to apply for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021?
The minimum age to apply for TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2021 is 18 or 21.
Q. What is the selection procedure for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021?
The selection will be made in two successive stages
- Written Examination for selection of candidates
- Document Verification
Q. Is Tamil Language compulsory for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021?
No, the Tamil language is not compulsory for this recruitment but applicants should possess adequate knowledge of the Tamil language.
Q.What is the salary for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
The TNPSC Group 4 appointed candidates will be paid a salary of Rs.19,500 to 65,500/- depending upon the post they are applying for.
Q. Will TNPSC 2021 Exam be conducted Online Or Offline?
TNPSC Exam will be conducted offline.