SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification: SSC Stenographer is organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in central government organizations. It is one of the most sought-after govt. job and lakhs of students apply for it every year. Read about all the information related to the SSC Stenographer exam like exam date, admit card date, selection process, syllabus, and salary structure.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification: Overview
Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC Stenographer 2022 notification on the official website on 5th December 2022. The detailed information related to SSC Stenographer 2022 Recruitment has been provided below.
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2022|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Posts||Grade C & D Stenographers|
Not disclosed (2022)
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Written Exam and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Date
According to the calendar released by Staff Selection Commission, SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2022 will be released on 5th December 2022 on the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. The official notification PDF will be released in December 2022. The candidates must bookmark this page and keep themselves updated on the SSC Stenographer’s latest updates.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Last Date
All the important dates related to the SSC Stenographer 2022 notification have been tabulated below. Check the details below.
|Activity||Dates (2020-21)||Dates (2021-22)|
|SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification Release Date||10th September 2020||5th December 2022|
|Availability of Application Form||10th September 2020||5th December 2022|
|Last date for registration||4th November 2020||31st December 2022|
|Last date for making an online fee payment||6th November 2020|
|Last date and time for Generation of Offline||6th November 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan||8th November 2020|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card||November 2021|
|SSC Stenographer Grade C and D exam||11 to 15 November 2021||May 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Result||To be notified|
- SSC Stenographer Salary: Job Profile & Career Growth
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern For Tier – 1 and 2
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019: Check Detailed Syllabus
- Check the Latest Calendar released by SSC
SSC Stenographer 2022 Vacancy
SSC Stenographer 2022 vacancy for Grade “C‟ and Grade “D‟ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country. SSC will be releasing SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2022 soon. The Vacancy is expected to be the same as this year as well in 2019-20. SSC Stenographer vacancies for the previous year’s exams have been listed below.
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1129||1434||1276|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||214||39||429|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Eligibility
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria provided below. It is important to satisfy and understand the SSC Stenographer 2022 Eligibility Criteria which includes educational qualification and age limit.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Age Limit
Stenographer Grade ‘C’
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Stenographer Grade ‘D’
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
Age Relaxation for SSC Stenographer 2022
|3||PH + Gen||10 years
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Educational Qualification
Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Note: Only those candidates who have the required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission conducts an All India Open Competitive Examination for SSC Stenographer 2022 recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’(Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’(Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted). Since the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ is comprised of 2 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice|
|Tier – II||Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier-1 Pattern
This is an objective exam that will be conducted online. There are 3 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is a negative marking in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.25 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 2 hours 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test in Stenography for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
The skill test will be of qualifying nature. The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows:-
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of the Skill Test of the candidate during the examination.
Document Verification of SSC Stenographer 2022 Vacancy
Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. And Detailed options for various posts and Departments will be taken from candidates either online or at the time of document verification.
Final Selection for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D
Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification (DV).
SSC Stenographer 2022 Important Points
- If the candidates do not indicate the medium of stenography test in the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test for such candidates.
- There is no exemption from the skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
- VH candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English Shorthand or in 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ and in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or other Centers as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Syllabus
Since the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ are comprised of 2 different levels, we must deal with SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2022 independently. Check the SSC Stenographer syllabus here.
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honors||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
|Scientific Research||Reading Comprehension||Syllogism|
|History||Para Jumbles||Decision making|
|Important Dates||Problem Solving Skills|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Cut Off
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ 2017: 15004
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
Stenographer Grade ‘D’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
SSC Stenographer 2022: FAQ
- What is the date of the SSC Stenographer 2022 notification released?
Ans: The notification will be released on 5th December 2022.
2. What is the selection process for SSC Stenographer 2022?
Ans: The selection process for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D is a written test & skill test