SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: SSC CHSL Exam Pattern for recruitment in various CHSL Posts is provided here. SSC has released the official notification for the recruitment of various vacancies on 1st February 2022. A competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India. Being aware of the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 will help you in strategizing your preparations and excelling in this field, scoring high marks necessary for the selection. Before giving a start to your preparations, check the SSC CHSL Selection process, the scheme of marks, and the exam pattern of Tier 1 & Tier 2.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Overview
SSC will release a huge number of vacancies for the biggest examination i.e. SSC CHSL 2022. This is a great opportunity for the candidates who want to serve in such a reputed government organization. Check out the summarized details tabulated below.
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) 2022|
|Post||LDC, DEO.Court Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant|
|Vacancies||Yet to be released|
|Notification Released||1st February 2022 (Available)|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Selection Process
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Typing Test||
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Tier I
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Tier I Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier I consist of 4 sections. The detailed syllabus related to that has been provided below in tabular format. Candidates must go through the below table to understand the syllabus.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus||Quantitative Ability Syllabus||English Language Syllabus||General Awareness Syllabus|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Tier II
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Tier II
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2022: Tier III
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The Speed of “8000 key depressions per hour on the computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes
- Printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- For the post of DEO in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions.
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
What will be the medium of language for Tier 1?
The questions in Tier 1 will be set both in English & Hindi except for the English section.
What is the overall duration given to complete the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam?
The overall duration of 60 minutes will be provided to the candidates.
Is there any negative marking in SSC CHSL Tier 1?
There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in SSC CHSL Tier 1.
What are the minimum qualifying marks required in Tier 2?
The minimum qualifying marks required in SSC CHSL Tier 2 would be 33 percent.
Will Tier 2 marks be added to the final merit?
Yes, The performance in Tier-II would be included in preparing the final merit.
You may also like to read this: