SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: The Exam Pattern is an important element for any exam preparation. Before starting preparation for the SSC CHSL 2023, it is necessary for all the students to know the exam pattern for SSC CHSL Exam 2023. The formal notification was released on 9th May 2023 on the official website. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam is scheduled to be held from 2nd August to 22nd August 2023. Candidates aiming for the SSC CHSL Exam must be well aware of the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023 provides a detailed idea of the number of questions asked, marks weightage, and time duration of the paper. Before giving a start to your preparations, check the SSC CHSL Selection process, the scheme of marks, and the exam pattern of Tier 1 & Tier 2.
Note: SSC CHSL Exam will now be conducted in 15 different languages.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Overview
SSC released the official notification for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023 on 9th May 2023. This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to serve in different government departments. Check out the summarized details tabulated below.
|SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Overview|
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) 2023|
|Notification Release Date||9th May 2023|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Selection Process
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice + Skill Test/Typing Test||Computer-Based (online)|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Tier I
- It is a computer-based test with 200 marks and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.50 marks in all sections.
- There are 4 sections namely General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped and for general candidates, it is 60 minutes.
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Tier I Syllabus
SSC CHSL Tier I consist of 4 sections. The detailed syllabus related to that has been provided below in tabular format. Candidates must go through the below table to understand the syllabus.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus||Quantitative Ability Syllabus||English Language Syllabus||General Awareness Syllabus|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023 Tier II (Revised)
The Staff Selection Commission surprised candidates by doing massive changes in the SSC CHSL Tier 2 exam pattern. Earlier the Tier 2 exam used to be conducted in descriptive mode and also there used to be a Tier 3 exam but as per the SSC CHSL 2023 Notification, There are only Two Tiers now i.e. Tier 1 & Tier 2. In the table given below, candidates can check out the new SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023.
- Tier II will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session II, on the same day.
- Session-I will include Section-I, Section II, and Module-I of Section III. Session II will include conducting Module II of Section III.
- Candidates need to mandatorily qualify for Tier 2 for all sections.
- Tier II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module II of Section III.
- The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module II in Section II.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section II, and Module-I of Section III.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
|Session||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||Section-I:
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180||1 hour (for each
section) (1 hour and 20 minutes for the
candidates eligible for
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180|
|15||15*3 =45||15 Minutes
(20 minutes for
scribe as per
Para-8.1 and 8.2)
Module-II: Skill Test/
Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–||15 Minutes
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA||–||10 Minutes (15 minutes for the candidates
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Tier II Syllabus
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and Work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts. Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, and common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2? + Cos2?=1, etc.
Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation, calculation of simple probabilities
General Intelligence & Reasoning
English Language & Comprehension
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2023: Skill Test
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The Speed of “8000 key depressions per hour on the computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes
- Printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
|SSC CHSL Exam-Related Links|
|SSC CHSL||SSC CHSL Salary|
|SSC CHSL Exam pattern||SSC CHSL Admit Card|
|SSC CHSL Cut Off||SSC CHSL Result|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus||SSC CHSL Exam Analysis|
|SSC CHSL Answer Key||SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2023|